• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro DC5-R: Seat Belt Sensor Connector

I recently installed a set of DC5-R Recaros and used the seat belt assembly from the OEM seats. The driver's side seat belt assembly has a gray connector that originally plugs into a blue connector coming from the OEM seat, which then eventually becomes a gray female connector that plugs into the gray connector coming from the floor. For those of you with aftermarket seats, what did you do to make the seat belt sensor work as intended without removing the wire harness and connectors from the OEM seat? Without this connected, the seat belt light on the dash lights up continuously. Is there another wire harness I can buy that will connect the seat belt connector straight to the connector coming from the floor? If not, does anyone know what each pin represents on the connector coming from the floor so that I can create my own wire harness from the seat belt connector directly to the connector coming from the floor? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0dbc0e4456948839c1e3d555cdf48481.jpg
6e98efcd79c89a7143ec3d248e3aee8c.jpg
96a74f5e5f0f8f6dd94c3fdb05112782.jpg
7a1afc096800ab971889e76ac742df31.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Honda does not appear to provide a pin assignment diagram for the 6 pin C781 connector on the seat that connects into the floor harness, perhapsy because they regard it as being self evident. According to the wiring diagram, the red/blue wire from the 2 pin seat belt switch connector goes through to the integrated control unit. The black wire from the connector goes to ground. Should be easy to find the red /blue wire and the black wire on the 6 pin connector. Use a continuity tester to confirm.

I am guessing that you do not want to hack the original connectors off of your seat. Give these guys an email

http://cycleterminal.com/

They appear to be pretty good at identifying and supplying connectors for Asian vehicles. The may be able to supply you with the connectors and crimps so that you can make up an interconnecting harness.

Last edited:
Honda does not appear to provide a pin assignment diagram for the 6 pin C781 connector on the seat that connects into the floor harness. Probably because they regard it as being self evident. According to the wiring diagram, the red/blue wire from the 2 pin seat belt switch connector goes through to the integrated control unit. The black wire from the connector goes to ground. Should be easy to find the red /blue wire and the black wire on the 6 pin connector. Use a continuity tester to confirm.

I am guessing that you do not want to hack the original connectors off of your seat. Give these guys an email

http://cycleterminal.com/

They appear to be pretty good at identifying and supplying connectors for Asian vehicles. The may be able to supply you with the connectors and crimps so that you can make up an interconnecting harness.

Thanks for the help! You're correct, I'm looking to keep the OEM seats in tact. I'll check out the link you sent and see if they have the matching connectors so I can rig up my own harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back