• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Received my Prodrive GC-05F's today! Pics !

Hapa88 said:
Make sure you installed the Rear struts correctly (mainly orientation of the spring cap). This is very easy to mess up. Check this website for more information:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/suspension/bilstein_install_properly/index.cfm

WRONG:
shocks_bilstein_placement_wrong.jpg
shocks_bilstein_car_wrong.jpg

CORRECT:
shocks_bilstein_placement_right.jpg
shocks_bilstein_car_right.jpg

Ahh.
Good point.
I thought that could be the problem, but after checking both front and rear assemblies they are both situated with the perch facing down.

I like the color of them.
However, I don't care much for all the busy ness (writing) on the face of the wheels. To much going on there for my taste.

Modernceo said:
Ahh.
Good point.
I thought that could be the problem, but after checking both front and rear assemblies they are both situated with the perch facing down.

I guess the only other thing to check is to make sure you selected the lower perch setting on the rear. I think the rears should be a tad lower too. Hope you find out what's wrong.

I've been looking forever for a nice set of wheels that would compliment the look of my silver '93 nsx. I think these are it. I was almost decided a few days back and after looking at this thread, I think I'm all set.

One question, can you tighten the lug nuts with a standard cross-bar? Are the holes for the lugs big enough for the cross-bar ends? From the picture, they look pretty small. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

jbum said:
I've been looking forever for a nice set of wheels that would compliment the look of my silver '93 nsx. I think these are it. I was almost decided a few days back and after looking at this thread, I think I'm all set.

One question, can you tighten the lug nuts with a standard cross-bar? Are the holes for the lugs big enough for the cross-bar ends? From the picture, they look pretty small. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

The wheels come with deep lug nut sockets that you can use with your cross bar, or wheel tool. No worries. Just keep one of them in your car and you can easily access the lugnuts.

Modernceo said:
The wheels come with deep lug nut sockets that you can use with your cross bar, or wheel tool. No worries. Just keep one of them in your car and you can easily access the lugnuts.

Is that separate from the lug nut set science of speed sells on their site?
Meaning the wheels come with a lug nut socket normally?

folks,

i think i'm very close to buying these set of wheels as well. i just need some help from your veterans before i take out my credit card =)

i've emailed SoS but i haven't been able to get the offsets on these wheels yet. i have a '93 nsx btw.

1) I have 25mm hubcentric spacers on all four ends and was wondering if i should take them off when i get these wheels? as long as the wheels are fairly flush without the spacers, i'm fine. i just don't want the spacers putting extra stress on the hub/suspension given aftermarket offsets.

2) what tire sizes will be the closest to the middle of the range for a 17/7.5" and 18/9.5" width rims and give me the widest choices for tires? i'd like to maintain the stock tire diameter on both front/rear as much as possible.

thanks for all your help.

jbum said:

Thanks.
Why would you use a cross bar? I hope you dont use one of those. You should always torque your lug nuts.
icon14.gif

jbum said:
folks,

i think i'm very close to buying these set of wheels as well. i just need some help from your veterans before i take out my credit card =)

i've emailed SoS but i haven't been able to get the offsets on these wheels yet. i have a '93 nsx btw.

1) I have 25mm hubcentric spacers on all four ends and was wondering if i should take them off when i get these wheels? as long as the wheels are fairly flush without the spacers, i'm fine. i just don't want the spacers putting extra stress on the hub/suspension given aftermarket offsets.

2) what tire sizes will be the closest to the middle of the range for a 17/7.5" and 18/9.5" width rims and give me the widest choices for tires? i'd like to maintain the stock tire diameter on both front/rear as much as possible.

thanks for all your help.

1) Get rid of your 25mm hubcentric spacers you don't need them, IIRC NSX fitment are 44mm offset.

2) 215/40/17 265/35/18 (TCS will be happy)

3) Get a torque wrench! :tongue:

808NA1 said:
Why would you use a cross bar? I hope you dont use one of those. You should always torque your lug nuts.
icon14.gif
oh, i do. i use the cross bar for a quick tightening of the lugs before i really torque it down. but i still have the same problem with my current sockets may be too big for the fit.

jbum said:
oh, i do. i use the cross bar for a quick tightening of the lugs before i really torque it down. but i still have the same problem with my current sockets may be too big for the fit.

FYI, most standard sized sockets should work fine, as a preventive measure just wrap them with some masking tape to prevent chaffing of the paint, worst case just use the extender that is included with the wheel, or buy an adapter and another socket. (have had many aftermarket wheels amongst the many cars that I've owned and the craftsman sockets have worked fine with all of the wheels so far)

2slow2speed said:
FYI, most standard sized sockets should work fine, as a preventive measure just wrap them with some masking tape to prevent chaffing of the paint, worst case just use the extender that is included with the wheel, or buy an adapter and another socket. (have had many aftermarket wheels amongst the many cars that I've owned and the craftsman sockets have worked fine with all of the wheels so far)

Thanks, that's good to know. FYI, I've found a cool site that lets you compare the varios tire sizes all in one table. Hope it helps others with the same questions I had.

http://ejelta.com/tiresize/index.html

jbum said:
Ah, ok I see. Sorry about that.

Heres the photo with the bilstein struts, car lowered !
DSC_0051.JPG

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm seriously thinking about replacing my Prodrive GC-07C's with the GC-05F's pictured above on Modernceo's car. I love the clean design of the 05, and the silver finish is much sharper than the gunmetal I have now. Really makes the car pop in my opinion.

For comparison, here's mine with the GC-07C wheels:

wheels1.jpg

What do you guys think? Keep the 07's or switch to 05's?

Who's the best source for ProDrive wheels?

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I'm seriously thinking about replacing my Prodrive GC-07C's with the GC-05F's pictured above on Modernceo's car. I love the clean design of the 05, and the silver finish is much sharper than the gunmetal I have now. Really makes the car pop in my opinion.

For comparison, here's mine with the GC-07C wheels:

wheels1.jpg

What do you guys think? Keep the 07's or switch to 05's?

Who's the best source for ProDrive wheels?

If you want to make the car stand out, take the lip polish it/machine it so it gives it a nice break. I love the 07s actually!

Thanks for the input. I may keep them but if I do switch, I like the idea of staying with ProDrive because I won't have to guess about widths, offsets, etc. I can get the same exact fitment I have now, which is perfect. 44mm offset both front and back, 17x7.5 and 18x9.5. I have no clearance issues, which is important to me.

I like the GC-07 design...I'm just not a big fan of the gunmetal finish. If they were silver I'd definitely keep them. Right now I'm 50/50.

If I decide to sell the GC-07's, I wonder if there would be any takers here, among shoppers in the parts 4 sale section. I understand they're not being made any more?

wheels2.jpg

if the price were right I might buy an extra set...great rims...light and strong. Forged is way better than cast.

Performance wise you can't beat prodrive wheels

I agree. What do you think a used set should go for? These are only about a year old.

Looks great! I love Prodrives! I'm thinking about getting a set of GC-07C wheels in British Black. :biggrin:

If you haven't picked them up yet, I'll be selling my GC-07Cs. Just ordered the GC-05F set direct from ProDrive today.

Will post pics when I get them mounted!

If you haven't picked them up yet, I'll be selling my GC-07Cs. Just ordered the GC-05F set direct from ProDrive today.

Will post pics when I get them mounted!

Would you mind pming me the price? I love the 05's! Thanks.

Prodrive GC-05F pics?

They're here but haven't mounted them yet. Will post pics when it's done - hopefully in the next couple of days.

They look great!

Back