• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recognize this 2017 NSX?

I am in the process of purchasing a 2017 NSX to rejoin the group. I miss my 2001 NSX-T which I sold about 2 years ago. I found a blue with gray interior. I wonder if anyone knows who owned this car. I believe it was out of Los Angeles or there about. The car has yellow finished calipers on ceramic disks. Also the car has a yellow pin stripe that is centered on the hood and also centered on the rear trunk. I am hoping someone will recognize the car. I would like to talk with the previous owner to learn more. So if anyone has an idea please share.Manny

Well I had the stripe removed and had to have that car. So now I am back in the NSX family. This is my third NSX. I just brought it home this evening. Ilusso Dealership in Costa Mesa off of Harbor Blvd and Victoria was a great place to purchase this car. Todd was a very knowledgeable exotic car Sales Manager. The NSX was probably the cheapest car he had to offer. They had a few cars that were above 2.75 million as well as a 4 million or so carbon fiber beauty. Great place to visit the cars. I was able to ascertain the previous owner last name is Huang in his 40s. He is now driving a McLaren 720s. The car was a one owner car very well taken care of. So I could not be any happier. The wife loves it as well.

Nope, have not tried launch control. I have watched it on YouTube. I got to figure out how to invoke it. I initially drove using sport and sport + and I think a couple of times EV mode. So I am really just figuring it all out. Got to read the manual...

Last edited:
Nope, have not tried launch control. I have watched it on YouTube. I got to figure out how to invoke it. I initially drove using sport and sport + and I think a couple of times EV mode. So I am really just figuring it all out. Got to read the manual...

Great color. Enjoy.

I only did launch control three times. You put it in "track" mode, step on the brake and gas at the same time, and then side step the brake pedal really fast and the car launches. It wasn't as explosive as I expected it to be compared to other cars I've done it in, hence I didn't do it much.

Hey John, thanks. I am as surprised as anyone. Having essentially retired, I did not think this car was in my future. But as is often the case, life continues to offer unexpected opportunities and challenges. The car is wider than the previous NSX and just fits into our garage. I back out the Volvo, fold in the passenger mirror on the NSX, then drive into the garage. I then follow with the Volvo. To exit, I remove the Volvo then climb into the NSX and backup, straighten out the passenger mirror and the replace the Volvo. Lot of work but worth the effort. The NSX also sits very low and is testing my leg muscles in ways that I have not experienced for some time. I am in heaven.

Back