• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Red Key

What the hell is this red key in the plastic case for?

The dealership sent it to me, said it was something special.

But reading the back of the case, I can't figure out what the hell it is for.

Anyone know?

Apparently it is a "learning" key for your ignition- you need it if you want to get new keys made. Find more topics and read about it HERE

I did a search... :biggrin:

Philip

SilverStone05 said:
What the hell is this red key in the plastic case for?

The dealership sent it to me, said it was something special.

But reading the back of the case, I can't figure out what the hell it is for.

Anyone know?

92NSX said:
Me neither. What year car BTW?

I would assume by his username that he owns a SilverStone05 :biggrin:

92NSX said:
What year car BTW?
Well, the sig on his post says it's a 2005, and his username is SilverStone05. Let me think about it, I'm sure I can come up with a good guess if I put my mind to it... :D

It's a "learning key" that you'll need if you ever want to register replacement keys with the cars' immoblizer system (if you need to replace lost/stolen ones, etc).

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to start your car with the red key. According to Honda, it'll wreck all kinds of havoc on the immoblizer system, right up to needing to replace the immoblizer system hardware. None of our customers have done this yet, and we're not too willing to try it just to find out what happens :wink:

Thanks...i'm not going to touch the thing....I put it in the glovebox because thats about the only thing that will fit in there. :wink:

I don't think I would store it in the glove box.......to tempting for someone at sometime to put it in the ignition to see what happens. I would keep it at home in your organized, tabbed out, car file-folder. Everyone has one of those right??????

Cairo94507 said:
I don't think I would store it in the glove box.......to tempting for someone at sometime to put it in the ignition to see what happens. I would keep it at home in your organized, tabbed out, car file-folder. Everyone has one of those right??????

Well...I'm the only person who drives my NSX, so I don't think that mistake will be made. Hell, i'll barely let anyone in there with me. Ha, I make girls take off their shoes when they want me to take it out.

What about the thief who breaks into your car when parked, happily finds the key in the glove box, then of course tries to start the car with it (succeeding in possibly stealing it or ruining the immobilizer system, or maybe even both!).

Chip

SilverStone05 said:
I make girls take off their shoes when they want me to take it out.

To which Grouco Marx asked;

"What do they take off when they want you to put it in?"

Can't resist a good straight line. :biggrin:

SilverStone05 said:
Well...I'm the only person who drives my NSX, so I don't think that mistake will be made. Hell, i'll barely let anyone in there with me. Ha, I make girls take off their shoes when they want me to take it out.

LOL... I do the same with the boys that wanna ride in it. But I did have my sister's little son shift yesterday. Hey, he's 10 and he did it great! Future race car driver ????? :tongue:

pbassjo said:

Oh, Lordie...... :tongue:

calexand said:
What about the thief who breaks into your car when parked, happily finds the key in the glove box, then of course tries to start the car with it (succeeding in possibly stealing it or ruining the immobilizer system, or maybe even both!).

Chip

yea, maybe i'll keep it in the house.

pbassjo said:

BWAHAHAHAHA.....well said, my friend.

calexand said:

Chip

UGH! THAT Is a ScarY thought*~!@! Lo-Jack . Well, actually, I have this system it's called ONGUARD. Satellite blessed.

Cairo94507 said:
I would keep it at home in your organized, tabbed out, car file-folder. Everyone has one of those right??????

I need to get one of Those.... :)

Back