• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RED or WHITE!?

Red Seat/White Frame or White Seat/White Frame!?

• Red Seat/White Frame

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • White Seat/White Frame

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
Around August, my wife and I have finally moved into our new apartment from which I designed and it took a whole year to renovate.

Ever since early planning stages, I already had a goal to create my ultimate GT5 setup (65" Plasma, 9.2 Channel Network A/V Receiver, Thrustmaster T500RS Steering Wheel, Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter, etc...) but an ideal gaming seat has always been a missing piece of the puzzle.

Although as some of you may know, there are already Playseat and Apiga in the market and given all pros and cons, none of them is close to perfect. Hence I chose to wait for the right rig that fully support both Thrustmaster Products (especially the TH8RS, which just came out couple of months ago).

Glad that I waited because an independent company (www.rseat.net) in Gabrovo, heart of Bulgaria with manufacturing facility has made the seat (RS EVO V3) that I desire.

FYI, below is a video review of RS EVO V2:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/oqzENLhNNMU?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/oqzENLhNNMU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Then, I have this dilemma in which I can't choose between:

Red Seat/White Frame:

attachment.php

-Or-

White Seat/White Frame:

attachment.php

Please keep in mind that when I designed my place, the interior is white oriented and I don't want to add too much black into the equation hence Black Seat or any colored seat with Black Frame will not be considered.

I would love to have a White Seat but worried it will get too dirty too fast. I know I'm already leaning towards the Red Seat as it reminds me of an NSX-R but it may be too much for my color scheme.

Any thoughts guys?

Attachments

• RS EVO V3 (RW).jpg
    RS EVO V3 (RW).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 331
  • RS EVO V3 (WW).jpg
    RS EVO V3 (WW).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 326
White.............:cool:

I think the white looks kick ass but it'll be a nightmare to keep clean

Might want to check out this new wheel, suppose to be better than the Thrustmaster T500RS.

http://www.gtplanet.net/fanatec-csr-elite-review/http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=234862

Thanks for the link, Captain, appreciate it.

I have checked out FANATEC Products in the past, before the CSRE came out so to speak and never became a fan because they have way too many variations that made my head spin. The fact that they are such Porsche fanboys made me backed off even more.

Objectively speaking, the CSRE seems promising but being belt driven still, I doubt it can totally surpass the T500 RS. However, I do believe it is just a matter of time before FANATEC will overcome Thrustmaster in this segment. After all, they are a single purpose company in creating racing similation products.

Hence at this time and day, the T500 RS and TH8RS are still my primary choices but hey, I haven't made any purchases yet so the future is still unset. :wink:

Just wanna thank everyone for your input.

I didn't expect the White Seat to receive so many praises and honestly, I am getting even more confused than before, LOL.

I know it all comes down to my personal preference at the end of the day and I won't lose on either choices but just let me say, I hate dilemmas. :tongue:

Thanks again and hereby, I would like to wish you all and your families mighty good health and a Merry Christmas.

Cheers~

Back