• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Rednecks and Ricers

I went to our local race track (SIR) last Wednesday evening to do some drag racing. I was hoping I would not bump into anyone I know. :smile: I had never done it before and I learnt a few things and I must admit I had fun. The thing that surprised me was how friendly everyone was. Even the rednecks were getting along fine with the ricers and although there was some friendly rivalry there was also a lot of mutual respect and genuine interest in each others cars. I guess the reason I was so shocked at all this harmony is that when you read posts from the rabid “My American V8 is the only car ever built that’s worth driving and all Jap cars and Ferraris are crap” Or the versa visa crowd. You get the idea that people are really stupid. However I guess these guys deserve more credit because they are true enthusiasts and they are getting out there and doing it. Where as the “magazine racers” probably don’t even own the cars they are arguing about.

Regards,

Patrick

Last edited:
I agree with you there.
I have only been to the track a couple of times, not to race, and have noticed that everyone does get along real well. You hear very little trash talking amongst the competitors. Then again, I have only gone on test-and-tune nights so there isn't any $$$ or anything on the line either.

The reason for this is that people that take their cars to the track have enough respect for their own car to get it there, and if they have that type of respect for their own car then they usually have respect for other peoples cars. However every-once-in-awhile you get someone that starts talking out of his ass and then somebody with a 9 sec cars shuts him up :biggrin:

A lot of people on the forums are dreamers/whingers. Much easier than actually making an effort and getting out there to build/race/enjoy your respective cars.

As i always say, "Easier to bitch then build". :)

SugrueNSX said:
... when you read posts from the rabid “My American V8 is the only car ever built that’s worth driving and all Jap cars and Ferraris are crap”

Also, I've found that many of the people that post in this manner own neither.

ajnsx said:
A lot of people on the forums are dreamers/whingers. Much easier than actually making an effort and getting out there to build/race/enjoy your respective cars.

As i always say, "Easier to bitch then build". :)
Absolutely right. This was one of the comments about my driving from a guy on another board after watching my NSX/Enzo video from Hockenheim:

IMO he's not all that at driving. He kept on hitting the rumble strips on almost every turn...

Now that's what I call clueless... :biggrin:

Back