• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Red's Yellow 03

Red

Legendary Member
Here's picts of my new toy!

Stu

Attachments

• 11743.jpg
    11743.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 936
  • 11743(2).jpg
    11743(2).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 951
  • 11743(3).jpg
    11743(3).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 941
  • 11743(4).jpg
    11743(4).jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 947
  • 11743(5).jpg
    11743(5).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 934
Now that's..........yellow!!! :cool:

looks even better in person....

Beautiful car, great choice of color, now maybe you should change your name!!! JK :biggrin:

Wow... Nice car nice yellow exterior.... however, I am not sure about the interior thou.... Just seems too much... at least for my preference. What u guys think?

I thought so too when I was considering mine. Its really grown on me and if I could do it over again I am not certain Id take black instead. I may, but the yellow seats are awesome - the yellow carpet gets dirty easily. You dont really see any yellow when youre sitting in it, but from the outside it looks sharp IMO

NA1R said:
Wow... Nice car nice yellow exterior.... however, I am not sure about the interior thou.... Just seems too much... at least for my preference. What u guys think?

Remeber: Yellow=Fast. :biggrin:

Like it tho.. great car.
icon14.gif

Red: was this car orginally from Miami Beach. Florida? And would this be your VIN?
JH4NA12622T000009

NA1R said:
Red: was this car orginally from Miami Beach. Florida? And would this be your VIN?
JH4NA12622T000009

Nope, its from NY, and the vin is 3T000059 (off the top of my head)

Re - colour, I have two set of mats, grey/black (you can see them in the trunk) and yellow, I'm running the dark mats and prefer it, Sitting in the car you are not that aware of the yellow (which looks rich and deep, not as bright as the photos) but walking to the car it is HOT!

Also, the black interior is boring since it is all monochromatic, whereas yellow gives you a two tone, yellow low, black up top, that is a little more exotic - IMO, IMFOFO (In my Ferrari owning friends' opinions!)

RPM217 said:
Beautiful car, great choice of color, now maybe you should change your name!!! JK :biggrin:

Check out my personal page - it will all make sense! (sorry photo downsampled funny, my forhead is smother than that - I had the bondo buffed and painted :biggrin: :biggrin: :wink:

BTW - this is us standing in the winners circle at watkins glen last year - and yes, we came in first!

Attachments

• Aidan WGI2.jpg
    Aidan WGI2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 632
NA1R said:

I think the the yellow seats with full black carpet would look great. IMO.

-j-

Red said:
Nope, its from NY, and the vin is 3T000059 (off the top of my head)

Re - colour, I have two set of mats, grey/black (you can see them in the trunk) and yellow, I'm running the dark mats and prefer it, Sitting in the car you are not that aware of the yellow (which looks rich and deep, not as bright as the photos) but walking to the car it is HOT!

Also, the black interior is boring since it is all monochromatic, whereas yellow gives you a two tone, yellow low, black up top, that is a little more exotic - IMO, IMFOFO (In my Ferrari owning friends' opinions!)

Hey Red,

That's a CLEAN CAR !!!!! I helped inspect this car when I worked @ Tischer Acura is Laurel, MD. You did buy it from Tischer right ? The owner bought it for his personal car and decided he wanted red or black instead. He is too conservative for yellow. I tried to convince him to keep it because I own a yellow one too, only my yellow is darker (Rio Yellow). Anyways congrats on the car and you definitely bought a fine example.

SPA_S2000 said:
I thought so too when I was considering mine. Its really grown on me and if I could do it over again I am not certain Id take black instead. I may, but the yellow seats are awesome - the yellow carpet gets dirty easily. You dont really see any yellow when youre sitting in it, but from the outside it looks sharp IMO
Totally agree!!!

Red said:
Here's picts of my new toy!

Stu
Nice color Stu :biggrin:

Question? is that a Rio or a Spa yellow?

brandonson said:
Hey Red,

That's a CLEAN CAR !!!!! I helped inspect this car when I worked @ Tischer Acura is Laurel, MD. You did buy it from Tischer right ? The owner bought it for his personal car and decided he wanted red or black instead. He is too conservative for yellow. I tried to convince him to keep it because I own a yellow one too, only my yellow is darker (Rio Yellow). Anyways congrats on the car and you definitely bought a fine example.

Yes! This is the Tischer car.

Of course I saw pictures and it looked super clean, but when I got to MD and opened the engine bay, hood, and trunk I couldn't believe I was looking at a used car - the thing was spotless. I can actually list the three marks that make it not "Brand New" - which in my mind is unbelieveable, With my Turbo there are little chips, scratches & marks sprinkled around, just from using it.

PS - I'm blown away that someone identified the car and knows it! :biggrin: Makes me feel like I'm a family member!

amgnsx said:
Totally agree!!!

Nice color Stu :biggrin:

Question? is that a Rio or a Spa yellow?

OK, I am a yellow owner, but not a Yellow Expert!

Here's what I think is right:

Rio Yellow is the "older" yellow (up to 97 or 99 or 02?) and then they stopped making it and replaced it with SPA Yellow - which is brighter.

I am pretty certain that the Yellow interior is an 02+ thing and all yellow cars 01 and minus have black interiors, and all 02+'s had the option of yellow or black.

Am I right?

Kerrop said:
How much was the car?

I paid $68k, which, IMO, I was overpaying by $2-3k, BUT I was happy to overpay becasue:
1) It came from an Acura Dealer, which meant I was getting a car that must be an excellent example or they wouldn't have kept it around
2) I could get them to (and did) declare that car had no frame damage - which was important to me, especially since I was buying from a distance
3) It came with Acura Extended Warranty (until 2009!!!)
4) (and this is BIG) they had a yellow car and I wanted a low milage Yellow car NOW and it was there and nowhere else in the East.

Stu - I think that you will find that becauase there are so few NSX's around, and because PRIME is full of people with NSX fettishes, that most of the good cars are known by PRIME or associated with PRIME in one way or another.

From your post above.

I think SPA is actually the older color, and I think that during the later years they offered both. Ive got SPA and yes it is brighter. Ive never seen a RIO NSX myself, but Ariel has one (AMGNSX). You can see RIO driving around TO though on 04+ S2000s. Its a very nice color - richer and deeper than our SPA.

Yes on the interior - color matching to the car is an 02+ thing. There are orange interiors, blue interiors, red, silver.......

Red said:
OK, I am a yellow owner, but not a Yellow Expert!

Here's what I think is right:

Rio Yellow is the "older" yellow (up to 97 or 99 or 02?) and then they stopped making it and replaced it with SPA Yellow - which is brighter.

I am pretty certain that the Yellow interior is an 02+ thing and all yellow cars 01 and minus have black interiors, and all 02+'s had the option of yellow or black.

Am I right?

u are correct on the Int opt. (blk/ylw)
exept for the Rio&Spa part.
The NSX yellow was avail in spa yellow for previous years not sure what year it actually was first avail.
Then the rio came later mine was o4, i know that spa was up to 02 not sure about 03 so i take that 03 was a spa :smile:
Case solved :smile:
(hint: look at my signature color :tongue: )

Take care of that int carpet. man they get so dirty sooooooo FFFFaasssttt
ZERO to Dirt in: 2.0sec :biggrin:

cheers:

amgnsx said:
u are correct on the Int opt. (blk/ylw)
exept for the Rio&Spa part.
The NSX yellow was avail in spa yellow for previous years not sure what year it actually was first avail.
Then the rio came later mine was o4, i know that spa was up to 02 not sure about 03 so i take that 03 was a spa :smile:

Actually I don't know! I've never had my car beside Dave's (SPA_2000) and although I've seen his car, it was underground and the lighting wasn't perfect.
Lets settle this!
My 03's paint code is Y-52P
Interior colour is #3

amgnsx said:
Take care of that int carpet. man they get so dirty sooooooo FFFFaasssttt
ZERO to Dirt in: 2.0sec :biggrin:

I swapped to grey/black carpet (crappy pict attached) and don't have the dirt issues, I prefer it, not too bright - like me! :wink:

Attachments

• 9137346_30061687_0.jpeg
    9137346_30061687_0.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 386
Your Yellow looks like my Yellow!

One of us HAS to be wrong!

Pls check your paint code (driver's side door pillar)

Back