• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remove metal sleeves in control arms / Poly bushings install

Hey

Im replacing one side rear lower control arms that were bent in the accident and doing the rear poly bushing upgrade while at it. The replacement control arm didn't come with metal bushings. How do you guys go about removing these metal sleeves? Pretty sure I can press them in carefully once they are out but Im not sure about heating up the aluminum control arms.

Also Im replacing all rear control arm bushings. Anyone has any insight on a complete bushing press tool that would fit the size of NSX rear control arm bushings? The poly bushing kit Im installing is Prothane. http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/8323

20171205_204903.jpg
20171205_204906.jpg
20171205_204910.jpg

Well it actually wasn't as bad as I thought. It's a simple two piece. I ended up grinding down a M12 bolt cause the hole is tapered and use it to push it out on the press. Without adequate press tool, I was able to press it out slightly then hammered it out on the vice.

Last edited:
I actually had the same questions about the metal bushings in the control arms and knuckles.

I would try to get in touch with Jeff@Carbon6 as they have experience with these.

Back