• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Renting an NSX - Insurance / Loss of Use Claims

Does anyone happen to know where one can rent an NSX? I'm working on a loss of use insurance claim and I need comparables for my car. The only place I've found for potentially renting an NA1/NA2 is on driveshare. I don't see anything on Turo (I believe it falls outside of their requirements) and I've been having trouble finding other places / exotic shops for rentals.

I know there are a few "car clubs" where there is some kind of vehicle share program, but I don't know much about them. Anyone happen to know of a place to rent one? I need some comparables as far as rentals go, and I'm seeing rental rates between $300-500 a day, depending on usage!

Last edited:
I'm in Los Angeles, so finding a late model NSX is not a problem. I'm dealing with State Farm, which is a solid company. I'm trying to find an equivalent car, because as soon as you move into "similar vehicle" territory, things get pretty hairy. They've been really great about things so far (unlike most companies), so I'm trying to find something reasonable. I'm sure when I throw them a list of NA2 comps, they will come back and throw some exotic rentals like a Porsche / Maserati / R8 from a place like Enterprise.

Just trying to get some comps - and generally Loss of Use comes after the repair is completed, which is why they try to get out of it. In certain states they owe it, and not in other, but luckily in California I'm owed it. Fun fact: if the other party doesn't contact their insurance company for 7 days, you're owed those 7 days in addition to the duration of your repair! I'm fairly certain an NA2 rental can be found for below $500 a day based on what I'm seeing on Driveshare. They may average a Driveshare rental and an Enterprise rental when it comes down to it. I'm just doing my best to find equivalents to establish fair value. A late model NSX wouldn't really be fair - they have almost 200hp more than mine, are way newer, and totally lack the sophistication of our cars. A new Evora would probably be a good case for a modern day equivalent.

Thanks for the heads up though! Some insurance companies actually end up making you file suit against the insured before they'll step in. Crazy stuff!

Back