• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replaced 15A fuse and now Check Engine light is on

I noticed that my rear lights were out, so I decided to check the fuse box and sure enough, the 15A fuse for the rear lights was out. So I took one of the spare fuses from the in-cabin fuse box and plugged it into the proper slot for the rear lights.

I started the car up and the rear lights were working again, so that made me happy.

I did all this right before I had to catch a flight, so I immediately drove to the airport and on the way, the check engine light went on.

I had just driven the NSX about 1,000 miles during the weekend which went just fine, so it's weird that the check engine light didn't go on during my normal driving on Monday, but yet after I change the fuse, it does go on.

I find this coincidental, so I wanted to know if this rings a bell to anyone after replacing a fuse like I did.

Are you sure you pulled a spare fuse and not a live/hot one? It can be easy to do if you look at the diagram wrong. If you truly pulled a spare it could just be a coincidence.

Last edited:
Pull the code(s). Links on Prime and the shop manual tell you how to do that.

I've lost 2 O2 sensors in the past 2 years (heater failure in both cases.) One happened a few days after I replaced the timing belt, the other during an NSX club drive. Both happened during some "spirited" acceleration, but the one right after timing belt replacement was a heart-stopper.:eek:

Your problem could be anything, but unless you removed a working fuse as EdinKali hinted, it probably is a coincidence. Again, pull the code(s).

Back