• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement OEM keyless entry remote

If you need one of the two button remotes for your existing keyless entry system, here’s what you do:

1). Go to your Acura dealer. They will tell you the part is out of stock - which it is (to them).

2). Have them call Kenwood at 310-761-8802

3). When they get the automated system, DO NOT press 3 for “parts”. That will send them to a local rep who will also know nothing. (This step caused some frustration).

4). Tell them to press 6 for the operator and then ask for the in house parts department.

5). They will need your VIN and the number from your keyless entry system (the one on the back of the remote works).

6). Once Kenwood verifies the numbers jive, they will send an invoice and the dealer will have to send a company check (to prove it’s a dealer ordering). Kenwood will not send to you direct.

7). Once Kenwood receives payment they will program the remote and send it out.

8. When your dealer gets it, they will charge you at least a 30% markup - but you have a new remote that was previously unobtainable.

This is based on my experience after much frustration (and buying a remote on eBay) led to research, a bunch of trial and error and eventually a possible solution. I don’t have the new remote yet, so it’s still semi-hypothetical. But I left the Acura dealer today with a confirmation and estimated delivery date, so I’m optimistic. Once I have my new remotes, I’ll confirm for the group.

Bark up [MENTION=26875]Chase_acura[/MENTION] he can help with getting you remotes as well.
Yes I can get them, most dealers only know how to look at a parts catalog and will have no clue of this method.
It does take approximately a month to get them though

Yes I can get them, most dealers only know how to look at a parts catalog and will have no clue of this method.
It does take approximately a month to get them though

[MENTION=26875]Chase_acura[/MENTION] help me out. Called today and the folks on the phone had no idea. Said to call back tomorrow to talk to manager "John".

Back