• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

replacing stolen front emblem

Some one stole my front emblem. They only popped off the "A" but the metal backing is still there. Can i replace the "A" part and use the existing metal backing? Can i just use one from a local speed shop or do i need to get the one from the dealer? Is our emblem a special size?

------------------
92 Red/Blk

You can't replace just the "A" in the emblem. If the metal piece is still on there, you'll have to remove it and put on a new emblem.

I would recommend buying an emblem on ebay, since they go for pretty cheap, and in various colors to match your car. These are held on with double sided tape, and if it's stolen again, at least it wouldn't be an expensive loss. I've replaced mine with a "red" Acura emblem, and it looks great.

Like mentioned above, another option is to remove it completely, cover the holes, and repaint. I'm not into repainting body parts, so I won't go that route, regardless if my emblem is stolen or not.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Is it difficult to take off the original one? Since i still got the metal part left. What color to get is now the question. My car is red so i don't know about a red one, maybe i will just stick with a grey or black one.

------------------
92 Red/Blk

I always thought that the later simple chrome Acura 'A', like what you see on the 2001 TL and CL would look nice up front on red. However, I have no idea if they fit.

Back