• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*** SOLD*** '92 GPW NSX for sale in Houston, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has seen or knows about this one yet, but if you're looking for, or know someone who is wanting one, here's a one owner, basically bone stock / unmodified, nearly pristine '92 GPW NSX with 5-speed manual for sale in the Houston area.

It's never been wrecked, has approx. 61,500 miles on it, and the seller is only asking $82,000.

Note: the radio has apparently been changed out, it has a Borla exhaust, and "60 Fikes 17" wheels, but is currently riding on the original "fat 5" stock wheels...and the driver's upper door edge has a slight "oppsie" damage from the owner's wife backing the car out of the garage, and lightly clipping the garage door rail!

Personally, it doesn't look too bad, and probably can be easily repaired without replacing the entire driver's door. LMK is you know of anyone that might be looking...

NO, it's NOT MY NSX...LOL!

I am not the seller, but I can put someone in touch with the seller. I plan to go inspect it in the next few days, just to see & verify if it is as it's stated, in case anyone out-of-town wants a persona; inspection report on it.

I have NOTHING FINANCIALLY TO GAIN in helping this NSX "unicorn" find a new caretaker, except the satisfaction of seeing it go to a good new home.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 163
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 143
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 148
Very interested. Been looking for a white one for a while. You can PM me at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

@GBL1 can you please update this ad using the template, and be sure to note that you are listing it for the seller, who is not on Prime. Thanks!

@GBL1 can you please update this ad using the template, and be sure to note that you are listing it for the seller, who is not on Prime. Thanks!
Honcho,

Sorry about that...link to the proper template? Honestly, much has changed on this site over time, and I'm a little lost as far as posting an actual NSX for sale. Posting parts for sale is still easy, but frankly I was shocked that the car sale template didn't come up, as in the one that requires the VIN, etc...which, BTW, I do not even have the VIN yet. All I can do is put interested parties in touch with the guy who originally listed the car for sale on a relatively obscure place that almost no NSX-interested buyer would likely ever even find it...so I'm helping his buyer search along!

If you are interested in finding out more about and/or buying this "unicorn" GPW '92 NSX, call Ramazan at (832) 732-2147 on his cell phone.

To all:

This NSX is located on Houston, TX. You can call Ramazan at (832) 732-2147 on his cell phone.

I am not buying it as I already own a '92 GPW NSX, but I am going to personally see the car myself, so I can at least report back to interested out-of-town buyers.

Good luck!

Honcho,

Sorry about that...link to the proper template? Honestly, much has changed on this site over time, and I'm a little lost as far as posting an actual NSX for sale. Posting parts for sale is still easy, but frankly I was shocked that the car sale template didn't come up, as in the one that requires the VIN, etc...which, BTW, I do not even have the VIN yet. All I can do is put interested parties in touch with the guy who originally listed the car for sale on a relatively obscure place that almost no NSX-interested buyer would likely ever even find it...so I'm helping his buyer search along!

If you are interested in finding out more about and/or buying this "unicorn" GPW '92 NSX, call Ramazan at (832) 732-2147 on his cell phone.
Hi George-

It's here:

Fill in as much as you can and you can edit as you get info.

Looks kinda rough. IDK.....

Nice try Batman...at haggling the price down by picking apart the car BUT...

A. The price is very fair for what the car is

B. It is a Grand Prix White '92 NSX
(first year of that color offering, and the last year of the original inception of the NSX...before they started screwing with & changing the car all up: '93 gained a passenger side airbag, '94 they screwed with the rear toe-in, '95 got open-top, etc...)

C. It is a one-owner

D. It has pretty low miles...but not too stupid low

E. It IS a 31 year old car

F. It is pretty much nearly 'virgin' / 'unmolested'...and EVERYBODY wants a 'virgin'!

G. I have seen far 'rougher' NSXs go for MUCH higher $$$

Anyone else want to try beating up this beauty in vain attempt to swipe it to flip it?

:)

Again, I am not interested in buying it because I already own a one-owner, never wrecked, unmolested '92 GPW NSX. I stand to gain nothing from posting about this. I'm only trying to help this car find a new enthusiastic care taker...

Hi George-

It's here:

Fill in as much as you can and you can edit as you get info.
Let me reach out and try to see if if I can get the VIN...thank you! (sorry I was 'drinking & surfing' when I posted this up late last night...LOL!!!

To all…update about this unique & prized NSX that is being offered for sale:

As things turn out, the individual that I originally discovered posting a “for sale” ad for it is actually a great guy that randomly stumbled across finding the car, and upon inquiring, learned that the current owner is interested in selling his NSX, due to, according to the actual owner’s own words, “I feel that I have reached an age, in my 60’s, where it has become too difficult to get in & out of the car, I no longer drive it often enough, and I would like to sell it and buy a Tesla.”

I also discovered, during a phone conversation today, with the owner, that he actually bought this NSX from the original purchaser, his doctor, now meaning that this is not truly a “one-owner car”, back in the ‘mid-‘90’s”, so he has at least owned and cared for the car for the majority of its existence. Fair enough, no worries there.
Anyway, I have spoken directly with the owner, and we scheduled for me to go meet him at his home on this coming Saturday morning, to personally inspect his NSX. I will take lots of pictures, get the VIN, and check out the 5-speed manual transmission case serial number, so we can all determine if this car is within the well documented and discussed snap-ring range.

I will afterwards report back to all with my personal opinion of the car’s current condition, as well as what extent of maintenance records he has, how current the maintenance is up to date, when the last major items were attended to (timing belt, clutch, etc…), overall body paint condition, how serious that driver’s side door edge damage actually is, how old the current tires are, and if the car has ever had any other sort of damage that a buyer should be aware of.

From speaking with the owner, he distinctly stated that he is not interested in fielding “a bunch of tire-kicker inquiries”, and is simply wanting to sell the car very soon…thus, the original person that learned of the location, and it’s “now available for sale” status, as well as myself now apparently, both of us standing to gain anything financially from this, nor either of us being any sort of “car-flippers”, are both simply attempting to help this “unicorn” find a new enthusiastic future caretaker home for it to be enjoyed as a car like this should be cared for and deserves.

I will post my seeing it ‘in-the-flesh’ findings this weekend…stay tuned!

I did go see & personally inspect this NSX last Saturday afternoon, September 16th. this afternoon. After checking it over, the unbiased facts I can report about it are:

Good:

It s rare and VERY highly sought after “unicorn” 1992 Grand Prix White w/ black interior NSX.

It only has 61,500 miles on it.

The overall body seems to be great, an doesn’t appear that the car has ever been repainted.

The current owner is this NSXs third owner.

It comes with both the factory stock “Fat 5” wheel rims, that it is currently riding on, but also includes a set out four 17” / 18” 60 Fikse “BBS style” looking wheel rims.

It has a Borla aftermarket exhaust system already installed on it.

The tires all have great remaining tread.

Regular basic oil change maintenance has been done on the car.

Carfax shows it as a clean car.

Bad:

The driver’s side upper door edge was damaged while backing the car out of the garage, and caught the garage door guide rail. It hit so hard that the rail on the garage frame needed to be replaced (!)

The front air dam is cracked up and touched up with brushed on touch-up paint, which currently looks bad.

The thin black front air dam lip spoiler needs to be re-installed, as it’s currently curled up in the trunk.

The entire tool kit, except the scissor jack, is missing, including the Styrofoam storage cradle and spare tire inflator. Trunk also has a “musty” odor to it.

The stock power antenna is up, and won’t go down.

The passenger side seat recline does not work. The fore / aft adjustment does operate, but makes a “grinding sound” when in motion.

The passenger side window does not currently go down. The driver’s side window works, but is currently very slow…like most of the original NSXs suffer from.

Both front fender top underside lip edges have a tiny “bend-out” due to the car being lowered, and too-large-the-properly-fit 17” rims were on the car for while. This very minor damage is easily very fixable, IMHO.

SRS & Anti-Lock Brake system dash lights are currently lit up.

The car could use new tires, as all four are date stamped as being manufactured in 2014.

The car is WAY OVERDUE for the very critically required timing belt service. The owner claims it’s never been done, and “isn’t due until 80k or even 90k miles” according to his “mechanic buddy”.

(I tried to explain that timing belt service is REQUIRED to be done performed by MILES OR BY AGE… the owner still claimed otherwise, but said he would allow a lowering his price allowance for such a service, if it’s genuinely needed…IT IS!)

I am very certain that this NSX IS IN SNAP-RING RANGE, based on the fact that his is only VIN is less than a dozen digit count different from my own 1992 GPW NSX, which was in snap-ring range, and did cough up its snap-ring a few years ago, costing me around $2,650, if I recall correctly.

The engine bay, and other areas, of this NSX could benefit from a good detail cleaning up.

The shock struts are very likely apparently aftermarket, or just plain bad, but the car now sits low, so much so that middle of the underside loudly scrapes when going over speed bumps any higher than only the very lowest of speed bumps found out there on public streets. I’ll bet there is some potentially concerning scrap damage currently present to the underside of this NSX.

When asked, the owner absolutely REFUSED ALLOWING ANY SORT OF PPI! He claimed, “I don’t have time for that.”

The car has almost zero maintenance records…at all.

In a nutshell, only in my personal opinion, the current owner simply doesn’t know much about the NSX, and if he does, he doesn’t know too much, he only bought this car for his self-admitted intention of driving a sports car with that “flash appeal” solely for the purpose of “picking up girls at the nightclubs.” Sad but true. He’s unfortunately an apathetic and neglectful NSX caretaker / owner. This car is not by far any sort of an unfit “goner”, it only needs some TLC in the capable hands of a new enthusiast owner.

Last words, if you’re a car-flipper, you’re taking a risk. If you are a non-NSX owner, in search of a truly, easily very awesome, and very envied by all who behold her beauty in person, without too much further cash outlay, in order to fully “correct her current issues”, that you then intend to cherish, enjoy, care for, and drive often, then THIS IS THE NSX FOR YOU!!!

Asking price is $82,000, but the owner states that he currently has two very interested parties who both have made solid offers of $72,000. He is waiting to see if wither of those offers becomes a finalized sale by next week, before he does anything further.

I’ll repeat what I said before- looks kinda rough. Now do you believe me?
I think rough condition is an understatement! I wouldn't consider paying even half the asking price for that car. Where is the VIN???

VIN & manual transmission case number...to check for snap-ring range issue.

"The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. These transmission numbers are limited to 1991 and 1992 model year vehicles. You cannot determine whether a car is in the range for possible failure by VIN number, you MUST check the TRANSMISSION NUMBER."

Attachments

• IMG_20230916_135812838.jpg
    IMG_20230916_135812838.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230916_141257191.jpg
    IMG_20230916_141257191.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 60
VIN & manual transmission case number...to check for snap-ring range issue.

"The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. These transmission numbers are limited to 1991 and 1992 model year vehicles. You cannot determine whether a car is in the range for possible failure by VIN number, you MUST check the TRANSMISSION NUMBER."
I'm sure you already know this... Not all transmission in this range will fail. Someone posted detail information about it decade ago..

I'm sure you already know this... Not all transmission in this range will fail. Someone posted detail information about it decade ago..
Yes, I am aware that the deciding factor of if a certain one will fail depends on how long the current cutting tool was being used. If the tool was fresh it might cut too wide, if not so fresh, it will cut more to exact specs...or vice-versa...LOL!!!

Either way, it is still a gamble as to if a certain transmission case will fail or not...but thank you for the reminder info, for those that might not have read all the background of this known issue.

:)

Not sure myself either, but from the last info I heard, it wasn't yet sold, the last leading potential buyer decided to pass on it as of yesterday, but I believe there is a "Plan B" buyer already next in line to likely buy it, but I don't think that has yet been done.

The FB post was likely taken down due to the selling owner feeling he has a now sufficient line of interested buyers lined up, and feels confident enough that his NSX will sell very soon.

This NSX has now been sold, as of today, and now has been claimed by it's new owner.

Thank you all for you interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back