• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

REQUIRED READING

Given some recent threads, I think some people need to reacquiant themselves with the rules everyone agreed to when they signed up to paricipate in this message forum:

If you have a problem with another member or something they have posted, work it out with that user via PRIVATE e-mail or just ignore their posts. Flames and personal attacks on the message board will result in deletion of the offending messages and possibly revocation of posting priviliges without warning.

If you would like to copy me on the e-mail, feel free. If you feel there is a thread where this rule is being violated, please drop me an e-mail. I cannot watch every thread every hour of every day.

[This message has been edited by NSX Prime (edited 11 April 2002).]

Last year I set the system to disallow all the common "throw away" web-based e-mail accounts from registering.

I do not know of a reasonable way to verify that someone is using their real name so I don't know how to implement that one... Say someone registered as [email protected] and said his name was Chris Johnson. Maybe so, but I have no reasonable way to verify...

Agreed.

It's all so easy to act a certain way under the veil of anonymity.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

hey Jimbo, why don't you learn to spell, you dummy!

biggrin.gif

what was this thread about anyway?

NSXotic,

Did eye misspel sumthing?

-Jim

PS: You should always capitalize the first letter of every sentence, dummy!
wink.gif

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Why does anyone think that this will make a difference? Someone could just make up a name for themselves. How is Lud supposed to know if everyone is telling the truth? I enjoy my privacy, and would not post otherwise. The local NSX owners know who I am anyways.

This wasn't meant to stir anyone up just stating my opinion.

Back