• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RESCHEDULED: 2nd Annual N. Ga Mtn. drive & BBQ, 11/22/08

Reposted with new date!
All of the 11/15/08 participants have said that they would be fine with moving to 11/22/08 to pick up a few more drivers.

Hey Guys & Gals,

It's almost time for our annual (well, second) run through the mountains followed by a BBQ at my house in Marietta. The date is chosen to be after the leaf colors have faded so the roads will be quieter and the visibility better. This was what we did last year and all the drivers enjoyed it.
The plan will be detailed in PM's but will basically be the same as last year:

1. Meet up near the N. Ga Premium outlets http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,0.027637&z=15 Time: Meet at 11:00.
2. Drop off anyone who wants to shop instead of ride
3. Head North for a 3-4 hour run
4. Pick up shoppers
5. Head back to Marietta for BBQ @ my house by approx 3:00. I'll feed us. You don't need to bring anything (thanks for the offers though)
6. Goodbyes at 6:00 (I am picking up family at airport)

Route: to be announced (North)

You're welcome to join us for dinner, even if you can't make the ride!

Spread the word by emails to check this post, please.

If you can make it then PM me with your phone # and email after you post here.

Expected:
MT-Tank
ARFNSXTC
coldhammer
95gsrturbo
NSXNTOP
EIFFEL
2-Saw
rakster
ernie

Possible? I need to hear from you!
Dewain27

BBQ only
Dejathoris

Paul

Last edited:
I have a friend who drives a C6 vette who would like to come.

Are other cars welcome on the drive into the mountains?

Responsible drivers and capable machines are a good combination. So, yes, they are welcome as long as they remember the difference between 'spirited driving' and 'reckless driving'.

Paul

I really would like to go but i wont me home till the 26th. I know there is someone else in Newnan with one. dont know if there on here tho...

I can make the 22nd. Looking forward to seeing you there.:biggrin:

Well the original date, yesterday, would have been a rainout. The forecast for next Saturday looks good though.

I will be contacting you to get the final details.

Paul

For those of you who may check this tonight or in the AM early before you leave-

If you are in the Marietta area some freinds plan on possibly meeting at Cumberland mall and heading up 285 to 400N then hitting exit 10.

please call or text me in the AM at 770-310-1198 if you are interested so we can setup a morning time. most likely at 900 am to make the 930 meet time at Waffle hose off exit 10.

hope to see you soon, ya its 12:44 and im off to drop my car an inch or so right now!! haha

Thanks, Paul for coordinating a great event. Here are some pics from the drive.

Attachments

• SR348aw.gif
    SR348aw.gif
    93.1 KB · Views: 84
  • LoveFabw.gif
    LoveFabw.gif
    79.2 KB · Views: 78
  • BBw.gif
    BBw.gif
    81.3 KB · Views: 80
  • SR348NSXsw.jpg
    SR348NSXsw.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Suches-Lifew.gif
    Suches-Lifew.gif
    84.2 KB · Views: 100
I would also like to thank Paul and his wife for first putting this together and opening your home to us wild NSXers :wink:

Here are a few teaser photos from Eric, the photographer in my car. He will send me more over later.

NSX_003.jpg

NSX_005.jpg

Thanks, Paul. Very enjoyable event and special thanks to you and Angie for a very special bbq afterward.

A few pics for all to enjoy.

Attachments

• Usual_suspects1.jpg
    Usual_suspects1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 83
  • usual_suspects2.jpg
    usual_suspects2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 69
  • first_stop.jpg
    first_stop.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 87
  • last_stop.jpg
    last_stop.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 81
  • icicle.jpg
    icicle.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 110
Paul,

Thank you for coordinating this and hosting the BBQ afterwards. Although I could not make the drive, I enjoyed meeting everyone afterwards. You and your wife were great hosts, and the food was great!

As always it was a great drive and good fun. Many thanks to Paul and his wife for organizing this even again this year.

Ill post up some pics and that "spectacular" video once I get it off the camera.

^^ agreed - Paul thanks to you and your wife for opening up your home to us. It was a great day. Come to think of it, are you sure I crossed that double line? im thinking it was broken for a short bit..........

I've received many 'Thank You' PM's and you are all welcome. It was worth the effort and I enjoyed the company. I love watching a string of NSXes snaking along a curvy road, whether in the lead or at the tail. The effect is that of watching yourself and your own car, but from a different perspective.
Haven't had the time to watch the video yet, let alone edit it. "One of these days..." I'll be happy to mail the SD card to anyone who wants to edit it down to something reasonable, 5-10 min....

180? What are you talking about????

We just put a lake house in Jasper under contract so by next year I should have good ideas for a new route that ends there.

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_0437 resize.jpg
    IMG_0437 resize.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0435 edged resize.jpg
    IMG_0435 edged resize.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73
Back