• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Restaurant suggestion for San Francisco

I will be heading to SF for a business trip next Friday, but I will take my girl with me to stay over the weekend. I would like to get some recommendation for a Japanese, an Italian and a Chinese seafood restaurant.

We used to live in SF about 7-8 years ago and it's been quite a while since our last visit to the Bay Area. I used to be a regular of Osho in Millbrae, is it still good?

Thanks in advance :wink:

IMHO the only asian restaurant in Millbrae that was good was
Juban or Hong Kong Flower Lounge

try mine... :smile:
www.eossf.com we are fusion (california with asian flavors)
are you driving your NSX?

But if you are really set on Japanese or Chinese I can point you but you need more descriptions of what you are looking for...
-size (large or intimate)
-price range
-food quality level
-etc..

Post Trio I believe it is called. Great food. Was there last year and really enjoyed it.

nsxlover said:
Post Trio I believe it is called. Great food. Was there last year and really enjoyed it.

if you like...old school & tired :wink:

03 raw nsx said:
IMHO the only asian restaurant in Millbrae that was good was
Juban or Hong Kong Flower Lounge

try mine... :smile:
www.eossf.com we are fusion (california with asian flavors)
are you driving your NSX?

But if you are really set on Japanese or Chinese I can point you but you need more descriptions of what you are looking for...
-size (large or intimate)
-price range
-food quality level
-etc..

I have been to both restaurants you mentioned and they're both very good IMO. Osho always has a spot in my mind since I had my very first "great" Japanese meal there with my brother-in-law who like Japanese food. I was still in college back then.

I will be flying, not driving my NSX (that would be quite a drive) since I have to be in SF on Friday to inspect the SF Shopping Centre with my associate.

Your restaurant looks like a very nice place to hang out. I will see if we can stop by. :wink:

I am looking restaurants with intimate setting, maybe mid-sized is okay. My budget is ~$30-$40 per person (w/o wine), and the food has to be good :biggrin: . We might head north to the wine country...

bling said:
I will be heading to SF for a business trip next Friday, but I will take my girl with me to stay over the weekend. I would like to get some recommendation for a Japanese, an Italian and a Chinese seafood restaurant.

We used to live in SF about 7-8 years ago and it's been quite a while since our last visit to the Bay Area. I used to be a regular of Osho in Millbrae, is it still good?

Thanks in advance :wink:
kuleto's off of union square is my favorite italian restaurant in SF.
need reservations.
there is another kuletos near milbrae somewhere.

Every time I'm in San Fran. I make it a point to get to http://www.scomas.com/. Their blackened aged New York steak, my god! Melts in your mouth! Everything else is very good as well, and seafood is their specialty. Although I wouldn't know because I can't get myself to order any new:).

For Chinese food (Hunan) the absolute best place, IMHO, is Brandy Ho's on Columbus (in the city). It's just down the street from the City Lights Bookstore.

There's been times where I've eaten there every day during a biz trip.

It's not real fancy, but it's real good and traditional Hunan.

http://www.brandyhos.com/

-Jim

Back