• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reviews on Dali Racing's Forward Ceiling Mount for Valentine 1 Radar?

I just saw Dali Racing's forward ceiling mount for the Valantine 1 radar on the Dali web site, and it looks like it might work better and look better than most other installs that I've seen.

Does anyone have this install in their NSX and an opinion on its function?

How difficult/expensive was the install at this position?

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

I'm also curious about this mount. I just bought the V1 and plan on purchasing the car to accompany it within the next week or 2. I want a mounting system that's aesthetically pleasing, but I don't have the technical prowess needed to build a rear shelf... I'm sure someone has bought this mount by now? Anyone? Does anyone know if this mount will work with a Targa? (It looks from the pictures on the dali site that it will only work on coupes...)

Actually I was looking at it and wondering why it is mounted so high. The V1 manual says not to put it up near the darkened portion of the windshield as it reduces the effectiveness of the Radar Detector, yet the Dali V-1 mount is right there up where the windshield is dark...

Originally posted by Edo:
Actually I was looking at it and wondering why it is mounted so high. The V1 manual says not to put it up near the darkened portion of the windshield as it reduces the effectiveness of the Radar Detector, yet the Dali V-1 mount is right there up where the windshield is dark...

tinted windows do not reduce the effectiveness of the V1 (radar) unless the "tint" is metallic. Mounting it too low in a car that is low already is worse. Tinting affects the Laser range the most.
http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt1.asp

Mounting info from V1: http://www.valentine1.com/moreinfo/Mount.asp

if you read it there is one pertinent paragraph to this discussion:

"When properly mounted, the front antenna will look forward through the glass. It must have an unobstructed view. Don't put it behind the windshield wipers, or in-glass antenna. Don't position it so that it "looks" into the rearview window."

the mount is designed so that it "looks" out between the top of the rearview mirror and below the roof line. And seems to work fine in that position in my car.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

SigEpUCI and others interested:

It remains to be determined whether the existing Dali mount for the V1 will work in a T-top, because Mark at Dali Racing has not yet installed a V1 mount in a T-top. The existing Dali mount does work in the coupe.

So Mark and I are using my 95 NSX-T as a guinea pig. If the current mount doesn't work, Mark will engineer a new one that does, or at least that's the plan. I ordered my V1, which will arrive in about a week, and we'll get to work. I'll report back when it's done.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

smile.gif
I LOVE MY V1 !!!!!

Damn thing works great. I've been on several short road trips with it and drive on the turnpike and expressways all the time. I enjoy pressing the pedal down a little
smile.gif
and with the V1 never worry.

That said, if you can come up with a mount for a 'T I would be very interested. Right now I just use the window mount and plug into the lighter. I would love the 'built in' look with it hardwired if that was possible
smile.gif

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

So NSXY, did you ever get around to trying the install? Im very interested in the feedback
smile.gif

------------------
-------
95 T bl/bl @ 35K

I hard wired my V1 with the concealed display mounted onto the steering column. I have the V1 mounted to the windshield just behind and to the right side of the rearview mirror with the suction cups. It has full visibility to the rear and is below the tint strip. I haven't seen the Dali mount but I personally feel that my setup is more than adequate.

How would I got about burying the power cord to the unit? I'm assuming you needed to concel some cables? I have a targa, and it doesnt look like theres anyplace you could stuff the wires....

Back