• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Install Strategy for Valentine Radar in NSX-T?

Hey V1 Guys,

After reading all the great reviews available on the Valentine 1 radar system, I'm very interested in buying it. However, if the unit is installed on the dash or on the windshield, and I leave the car parked with the T-top off, anyone can just reach in and rip it off!! If I install it in the nose, I won't get good forward detection and will completely lose rearward detection.

So, what's your idea for installing the V1 in an NSX-T, if I want to keep the top off?

------------------
NSXY
1995 NSX-T 5 speed, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlap SP9000s

I personally would not take the chance of leaving my V1 anywhere that people can see it. The visor, windshield, console, etc..., there is really no safe place in the car, other than maybe locked in the glove box, that I would feel comfortable leaving the car unattended with the roof off and windows down.

Be careful, people will steal anything from anywhere This is a fact!

You just need to pull it down if your targa top is off. I usually throw my V1 in the glove box and lock it or sometimes in the trunk. I use the suction cup mount on the front windshield.

I suppose your right that the rearward detection is not as good, but I have had a couple of times where radar came up from the rear and I still received adequate warning and it was not noticably different from being in the visor mount position of my old '93 coupe.

Let us know if you come up with a better idea.

By reading the FAQ page, i see that some ppl install the unit between the seats close to the rear window...the only problem i see with that is ppl seeing the red lights flashing on and whatever when coming up behind u (how often does someone come up behind u anyways?) can the display be turned off when using the remote display or something? I guess this is the case...

I run the V-1 and love it. One write-up I read was from a NSX'r who mounted his unit on a small shelf he fabricated and mounted on the crossbar of his harness bars. He simply put black tape over the lights on the face of the main unit and mounted the optional remote display near his gauge cluster to provide the visual cues. Hope this helps!

If you use the concealed display, there are no lights visible from the rear. It is by the best radar detector available hands down. But I'm sure that you guys already know that!!

Back