• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ride the Rockies 2008 (September)

Ride the Rockies 2008 (September 13-14)

September 13-14 has won the popularity contest, so that date has been picked for RTR. Thanks for your input.

Now it's time to sign up. Since we'll be staying in 2 to 4-room units Will and I think it will work best to collect the money for lodging up-front (surplus will be returned at lunch on Sunday). That will save a lot of hassle checking in, reserving rooms, and insure against dropouts at the last minute increasing costs for everyone else. That is how Jeff B did it when organizing the first RTR and worked well.

So, to sign up this year of send me $100 via check or $103.20 via PayPal (to [email protected], extra $3.20 is to cover paypal fees). To get my mailing address, if you're not on the NSXCO email list, email me (NSX-related folk) or email Will (S2K-related folk). If you're only joing for one day (no overnight), this obviously isn't necessary.

As I receive your deposits I'll reserve the appropriate number and size of units. Most 4-room units have 1 king, 2 queen, and 2-twin beds...so if you're going to be doing RTR alone and don't mind sharing a room to save on room cost (or if you want a separate bed from the person accompanying you) let me know and I'll try to make things work out there (i.e. get you in a room with twin).

We're staying here (Champaign Lodge at Trappeurs Crossing Resort):
http://www.resortqueststeamboat.com/trappeurs-crossing-resort/

Photo of common area of 4-bedroom unit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1494503...7605038233162/

I haven't finished the route and Will hasn't finished the meal planning, but wanted to get the info about date, lodging, and sign-up out so peopls could plan.

If you don't know what RTR is it's essentially a two-day group drive through part of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The following posts have info from 2007 and 2006. It's not exclusive to NSXs - we explicitly invite the S2000 club, friends with fun cars, people with Integra Type-Rs who never drive them, etc.

Based on the feedback from last year I think 2007's version is a good template for this year's RTR, with some tweaking (per the same feedback).

Rough Cost Estimates:
  • $100 for gas (600 miles / 25 MPG x $4.20/gal)
  • $80-100 for lodging per bedroom (paid from your deposit to me)
  • $40-120 for food per person (varies depending on each individual's choices)

S2kCA Thread

Last edited:
Some photos to get us in the mood...
attachment.php

NSX_TrailRidge_Small.jpg

101-071616.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

101-061612.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

101-051604.jpg

101-1559.jpg

101-031558.jpg

101-1560.jpg

Looks like a great event. Would anyone mind if I can only join for a day? I have a baby at home and it might be difficult to get away for the weekend. The first 3 weekends work for me.

Craig, I may join RTR 2008 (weather permitting) if the NSX members don't mind a Gallardo Spyder in the mix.

It is my understanding that there is some 30-car Ferrari gathering the same weekend (extended weekend, 12-15, "Ferrari Fall Foilage Tour") that has a night or two in Steamboat (at the Steamboat Grand Lodge) so we may see some other pretty cars out and about that weekend.

***Attendee List***
Please help me keep this accurate.

Both Days (deposit received)
  • Craig & Aimee (NSX)
  • Will (NSX) & Kyle (s2000)
  • Jim & Joyce (NSX)
  • Jeff T (NSX)
  • Dale & Pam (NSX)
  • Roger & Kathy (ZR1)
  • Denver (s2000 or EVO) and Chris (s2000 CR)
  • Alan (s2000)
  • Bigsakius (s2000, planning own lodging so no deposit, etc)

First Day Only
  • Jaraef (NSX)
  • Phil? (NSX)
  • Todd? (NSX)

Last edited:
Will and I have pretty much finalized the route, rooms (2 4-bedroom units) are booked and confirmed. If you are coming and not listed in the above post, please let me know (if for overnight, call ASAP).

We'll be gathering in Fort Collins at 9:30am, departing at 10am. Please map from your house to JJ's Corner (a gas station) so you have an idea how early you need to leave to arrive on time (and how to get there).

If you have an FRS radio, bring it as we'll use such for car-to-car communications. If you have one you likely have two (a pair) - please bring both so the extra can be loaned to those without.

My phone number is 970.227.7444 if you need to reach me, or [email protected] if a reply within 12-24 hours is OK.

Really looking forward to the drive!:biggrin:

Can you guys provide some details on the first day route so that those of us who can only make that day can figure out when and where would be best to turn back.

thanks, Eric

Routes (click "Day 1" or "Day 2" to see map)...

Day 1

Obvious leave-the-herd locations are:
- Where 125 and 40 intersect.
- Where 40 and 9 intersect.
- Where 134 and 131 intersect.

Day 2

Please make suggestions for an specific ending location (scenic location or place easy to park and say "see ya") in Boulder.

Last edited:
Back