• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ridiculous password requirement for the NSXCA website

Guys,
I had been a long time NSXCA member since 1999. Last time I tried to renew my membership, I encountered so many glitches on the website that I simply quit. Today, I tried to renew the membership and had to reset my password. I was prompted to make a password so I put a capital letter followed by 4 other lower case letters and then 3 numbers plus a special sign. It would not take and then I added a few more numbers and no luck. Come on guys, I am not signing on to launch a nuclear missile but to make a password that I can actually remember to sign on to renew my membership. What's up with such a painful procedure? My 401k password is simpler than this.
Steve

NSXCA website info

HI Steve
To keep the costs of membership low we use standard setups for the NSXCA website. I am sorry that the trend is to require crazy passwords. To make changes we have to pay a developer.

I share your frustration with the password and save the password in my browser so I don't have to remember it, but means I am "tied" to that computer to go to the site.
The board is aware of the website and member renewal challenges and we discuss the issues our members are experiencing each month on our calls. We appreciate your feedback and also appreciate your membership. At this time our Treasurer Chris Willson is the webmaster. I am sharing your feedback with Chris and the board.
Cindy Wisner, NSXCA Secretary

I agree that the password requirements are ridiculous. I just chose something like "The password requirements for this website is the stupidest forking thing I've ever seen in my life, including my career in the software development industry!!"

Then I pasted that string into a note on my phone so that I can retrieve it easily. Nobody who finds my phone will guess that that's a password, and if they do, they don't know for what site.

Guys,
I had been a long time NSXCA member since 1999. Last time I tried to renew my membership, I encountered so many glitches on the website that I simply quit. Today, I tried to renew the membership and had to reset my password. I was prompted to make a password so I put a capital letter followed by 4 other lower case letters and then 3 numbers plus a special sign. It would not take and then I added a few more numbers and no luck. Come on guys, I am not signing on to launch a nuclear missile but to make a password that I can actually remember to sign on to renew my membership. What's up with such a painful procedure? My 401k password is simpler than this.
Steve
I find it works fine if you stand on your head while facing East..

Back