• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rowan Atkinson NSX - Top gear

According to Clarkson:

"If you want to argue that The Best Car in the World is a supercar, go ahead. But there is only one that makes the grade. Only one that's built properly. Gordon Murray knows. Rowan Atkinson knows. It's the Honda NSX."

Sig worthy! Though I'm not so sure about the Mr. Bean part.

Mr Bean is the fastest "Star in a reasonably priced car" so his endorsement means something. Plus people know he's into cars and racing over there. He's had one for 14 years now... pretty cool.

I actually enjoyed that segment because i knew who the star was, lol.

he didn't seem too excited about the nsx.

Clarkson: "So I hear you are a big fan of the NSX"
Atkinson: "Well I owned one"

or something along those lines. It appears Clarkson likes it though. Wonder why he brought it up in this interview.

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7g3g8NZ6H84" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't Rowan crash his F1? He has good taste in cars. He didn't say how long he's owned the NSX. He's owned the F1 for 14 years and put 37k miles on it. I've owned my NSX for 17 years and put 39k km on it.

Last edited:
I love Top Gear. What a great show. My stupid cable company does not carry BBC America so I'm stuck. I've been buying the seasons on DVD. Nice interview of Rowan.

or something along those lines. It appears Clarkson likes it though. Wonder why he brought it up in this interview.

IMO this was subtle British irony. It's British humor. Clarkson runs through his uber resume. And then says "but lets talk about the NSX" Atkinson makes a face like "whaaaaa??" as if he's ego bruised, but we know he isnt b/c he's not a jackass and has nothing to prove since he's a legend in comedy already.

They then go on to have a serious conversation about the car. When he says "yes, I have owned one", thats a bit of a gag on his part too because it is so well known that he is a big fan. The fact that he owns an NSX is actually in his Wiki entry (along with his other cars - he's a "car guy")

Would be like saying to Jerry Seinfeld "so... I hear you like Porsches!" and he were to say 'well... I do own one or two"

IMO this was subtle British irony. It's British humor. Clarkson runs through his uber resume. And then says "but lets talk about the NSX" Atkinson makes a face like "whaaaaa??" as if he's ego bruised, but we know he isnt b/c he's not a jackass and has nothing to prove since he's a legend in comedy already.

They then go on to have a serious conversation about the car. When he says "yes, I have owned one", thats a bit of a gag on his part too because it is so well known that he is a big fan. The fact that he owns an NSX is actually in his Wiki entry (along with his other cars - he's a "car guy")

Would be like saying to Jerry Seinfeld "so... I hear you like Porsches!" and he were to say 'well... I do own one or two"

Clarkson brings up the NSX because Rowan actually cut him off a few months back when he was driving his merc.

ahhh, gotcha

Clarkson: "May we begin by talking, if you don't mind, about the Honda NSX. [Atkinson makes a face] You are a fan, I believe, of the Hon.."

Atkinson: "I owned one, yes."

Clarkson: "And why did you find that..."

Atkinson: "Well, I liked it's sort of modesty. I liked its sort of understatedness. I liked the fact that it was a very good...a very good car and yet it didn't shout itself and it was sort of image free and that's what I liked about it."

I think Atkinson made a face when Clarkson brought up the NSX because he was afraid the conversation was headed toward the incedent when Atkinson cut clarkson off while driving the NSX.

I love Top Gear. What a great show. My stupid cable company does not carry BBC America so I'm stuck. I've been buying the seasons on DVD. Nice interview of Rowan.
FYI .. I'm on Netflix in Canada and UK Top Gear episodes just showed up as available. I believe they have seasons 1 to 15 .. or maybe 16.

Back