• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Royal Flush Rally for Wishes Charity Poker Run- June 21, 2008

It would be great to get the local group of NSX member to this charity event!

Royal Flush Rally for Wishes

RallyForWishesFINAL-small.jpg

Date: Saturday June 21st, 2008
Rain Date: Sunday June 22nd, 2008
Meeting Time: 8:00 AM
Departure: 8:30 AM SHARP

Participation Fee: $50.00 per car (Additional Donations Welcome)
Your Fee Includes: Donation, Car Decals, and Poker Cards (Fee Collected during Registration)
Charity Organization: Make-A-Wish Foundation
Event T-Shirts: $5.00 each- Elite Motors will be donating t-shirts for the rally. All sales will go to Make-A-Wish.

This years Poker Run will be starting at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall in the Sears and Macys parking lot near the entrance of the mall. Its very open so you will not miss it. You can view the spot here. You can visit their website for directions.

Rockaway Mall Directions

Th Rally for Wishes Charity Run will be sponsored by Elite Motors of New Jersey. This fantastic and reputable shop located in Bergen County is contributing a large amount of time and money to help make our run successful. Help give back to Elite Motors by visiting their website or giving them a call today!

www.elitemotorsnj.com
201-618-0909

"Your one stop shop for all of your automotive needs!"

"Share the Power of a Wish"

The mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength, and joy. All proceedings will contribute to making the dreams of these children come true. This event is totally nonprofit. You can visit the website and view the event calender @ Make-a-Wish

The Poker Run

On June 21st we will kick off the first Royal Flush Annual Charity Poker Run (Rain date: June 22nd). Car enthusiasts alike will organize for the purpose of raising money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation along with a fun filled day of cruising and meeting new new people.

Heres how the Poker Run works...

There will be five predetermined destination points during the course of the run. At each stop you will receive a poker card along with directions to the next rally point. The best five card hand at the end of the event wins. Cash Prizes/Gifts will be given away to the top three hands of the day. Co-Pilots are recommended! Mileage and Toll Amounts for each destination will be listed on your direction sheets.

Why are we hosting this event? Last year we participated in Keith's Charity Poker Run for the first time. The success of the event and the underlying purpose has motivated us to host our own event. It is our goal to spread the gift of charity and to offer car enthusiasts the chance to partake in a fun filled event.

The route will not be disclosed until the day of the event, although plan for an end location in Toms River. The final destination will be an Italian restaurant for lunch (donation does not include lunch). Most items on the lunch menu are under $10 dollars. Here we will determine the winners of the Poker Run as well as announce the grand total of donations. The total distance to our final location will be 91 miles. Total Toll Amount is under $5.00.

This event is open to ALL SPORTS CAR MODELS AND BIKES!! A wide variety of makes and models will be represented from BMW to Audi to exotics such as Porsche and Ferrari!! Don't miss the opportunity to see and drive with your favorite sports cars on the road!!

Here are some pictures from Keith's Charity Poker Run...

Keiths Poker Run Pictures

Here is a video that was also complied at last years run...

Last years Poker Run Video

Lets get this event going! Spread the words to your friends and fellow members. The more participants the more successful we can make this event! Due to limitations concerning parking we must limit the event to 75 cars; however we will accept donations from outside sources and nonparticipants more than happily.

If you plan to attend, please send me a private message, AIM message, or email with:

1. Name
2. Car you plan on attending with

After you RSVP your name will be put on the list below. There is no longer an RSVP deadline, you will be able to register and participate up to the day of the event as long as there is room avaiable. If you definitely plan to attend please RSVP to make things a little easier for organizational purposes.

Contact Information:

[email protected]
AIM: joeycuccaro
Cell: 973-670-7841

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all out there!

Things to Remember:

1. Full Tank of Gas Prior to Start
2. Radar Detectors
3. EZ-Pass or Change for Tolls
4. Two-Way Radios
5. Co-Pilot
6. Have Fun!

RSVP LIST

1. joeycuccaro- Audi S4
2. luv4mye36- BMW M3
3. viper7180- BMW M3
4. Retard Riot- Audi A6
5. FCars4Ever- BMW M3
6. SNAFU 4- Audi S4
7. boostted3- M3 Coupe
8. seeyalaterrr- BMW M3
9. RW Martin- Dodge Viper GTS / SL55 Renntech
10. Travis Lapicco -Audi 2001.5 S4
11. Anthony K- Audi S4
12. Openskye- Audi A3
13. Michael Nerlino- CLK 55 AMG / C6 Corvette / BMW 335
14. NJVETTEKID- C6 Corvette
15. Parikh1234- Audi RS4
16. Paul C- Audi S4
17. Dave- Audi S4
18. Steve- Dinan M3
19. sogood- BMW M3
20. Matt Kretlow- Subaru WRX
21. Keith - Dodge Viper RT/10 (tentative)
22. Dan - C6 Corvette Coupe
23. Topaz330- Maserati Gran Turismo
24. DominanceX- Lexus IS300
25. NickyBlack- BMW E60 M5
26. Philip- BMW 330i
27. Pk1spooled- BMW M3
28. Paul- Suzuki GSXR
29. Dane- Audi S4
30. Mark- Porsche Boxer
31. Bryan- Ferrari 328
32. Charles- Honda S2000
33. Brian- C6 Corvette
34. JeffAhn and John Lee Pettimore- Audi A4
35. Grey Phox- BMW 325i/ GSXR 750
36. Elias- Saab Viggen
37. Vik- BMW 335i (tentative)
38. Frank DeAngelis-C6 Corvette
39. Will Ford- Acura TL
40. Artie- Audi S4 / SVT Lightning
41. bointc- BMW 330ci
42. bimmerboi19- BMW M3
43. Mike Gries- Jeep SRT-8
44. Steven- BMW M3
45. John King- Audi S4
46. Jon- BMW M3
47. Roger- BMW M3
48. nicknoodles - e46 325Ci
49. Ed Son- Audi s4
50. George- BMW M3
51. Jeff- Porsche C4 Cab
52. Jorge- Porsche C4 S
53. Sammi- M Roadster
*54. Ahmed- Honda S2000
55. Chris Klimakhin- Mercedes-Benz S500
56. Thomas Millar- Audi S4
57. Ashish Patel- BMW Z4 M Coupe
*58. Andrew- Honda S2000
59. Andrew- BMW M3
60. Tony- C5 Corvette
61. Bobby- Pontiac Trans Am
62. Sean- BMW 335i
63. Hansen- EVO IX

Last edited:
Just to let you know that the reason you may not be getting any replies is that there is an NSX event scheduled for that weekend at Bridgewater Acura in NJ. I am sure the NSX Prime community would otherwise support your charity event. I know i would.

Regards,

Tytus

Just to let you know that the reason you may not be getting any replies is that there is an NSX event scheduled for that weekend at Bridgewater Acura in NJ. I am sure the NSX Prime community would otherwise support your charity event. I know i would.

Regards,

Tytus

Tytus,

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. Unfortunately its really hard to plan around each forums scheduled events. Perhaps we could still get some interest from the NSX community due the Bridgewater meet is on a Sunday. I hope you guys can squeeze this into your plans. Thanks so much everyone for even considering this event! Hope to see some of you out there!

Joey

"Your Fee Includes: Donation, Car Decals, and Poker Cards"

So figure decals are like $5, and poker cards $5, so 50 - 10 roughly $40..

Sami's an awesome guy, and everything he does, is with the highest level of sincerity. I don't know if you guys recall, but he did up my NSX.. and generated alot of interest with the side skirts he 'one-offed' for me..

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89407&highlight=nsxr2

Awesome guy, awesome company.. this should be a bangin' run.

-Joey

How much of the $50 entrance fee is being donated to Make a Wish?

Most, if not all of the $50 will be donated to the Make a Wish Foundation. Cards will be minimal. Decals as will run no more than $5 per car if anything depending on outside donations that might cover the cost. Hope to see you out there!

Joey

Joey, just so you know, here you are on a NSX board, you don't have a NSX (don't need one to participate on this forum), haven't participated on our site prior to your joining just recently, and want us to come and support an event, that you're promoting (maybe a worthy one, deserving of support). Every post that you have made on this site concerns your event. Most of us plan well in advance, I like to support many charities, this weekend we will be supporting a fundraiser for a longtime supporter of this community to raise money to fight cancer, will you be there supporting us? I think the reason that you're not getting any support is we don't know you, one person has vouched for the integrity of the organizer, but other than that........................................................................I hope you understand why you're not getting, nor should you expect to get any significant support from us. Be here, contribute, get to know a few of us at local events and gatherings, support the community and then maybe you can expect us to support you. JMHO

Joey, just so you know, here you are on a NSX board, you don't have a NSX (don't need one to participate on this forum), haven't participated on our site prior to your joining just recently, and want us to come and support an event, that you're promoting (maybe a worthy one, deserving of support). Every post that you have made on this site concerns your event. Most of us plan well in advance, I like to support many charities, this weekend we will be supporting a fundraiser for a longtime supporter of this community to raise money to fight cancer, will you be there supporting us? I think the reason that you're not getting any support is we don't know you, one person has vouched for the integrity of the organizer, but other than that........................................................................I hope you understand why you're not getting, nor should you expect to get any significant support from us. Be here, contribute, get to know a few of us at local events and gatherings, support the community and then maybe you can expect us to support you. JMHO

One has to start somewhere, no? I completely understand what you are saying and i appreciate your honest thoughts. This is our first event, so i expected it to be a little difficult to gain interest when, like you said, nobody really knows us. Hopefully this event will welcome us into many car enthusiast communities. We plan on supporting and benefiting many of the different car communities as a group in the future! Hope you all can make an attempt to come out!

Joey

Last edited:
RSVP Updated! Less than 2 weeks before the event! Please be aware that there are less than 30 spots left. RSVP before its too late!

RSVP Updated! Spots are filling up! Don't miss out!

Also we need to leave Rockaway NO LATER than 8:30. Please try to show up at 8am or a little earlier so we can get everyone checked in and ready to go in time. See you all on the 21st!

RSVP Updated! Spots are filling up! Don't miss out!

Also we need to leave Rockaway NO LATER than 8:30. Please try to show up at 8am or a little earlier so we can get everyone checked in and ready to go in time. See you all on the 21st!
I've got to give you credit, you're persistent, not a single NSX has posted on this thread saying that they're coming, I've seen you promote on a few other sites that I frequent as well. Just a friendly word of advice, get to know people on each of the threads, ask them to post on your behalf. Coming on numerous boards as a new comer and promoting an event (even for a good cause) will not endear you to the "group". Like I suggested earlier, participate and then you can promote. JMHO

PS Good Luck with your event, it's appears to be a worthy cause

Daily RSVP Update:

We got over ten reservations yesterday. There are only 25 spots left. Expect these spots to go quick with a little over a week left to sign up. Don't miss out, RSVP today!

Less than one week away! There are only 20 spots left for the rally. If you plan to attend or have friends tentative about attending, please register ASAP. The rest of the space will fill up fast this week. See you all on Saturday!!

Only 17 spots left! Three days till the rally! Please contact my ASAP if you plan to RSVP!
Phew, you have me worried, you hadn't checked in for a few days!:eek: :wink: :biggrin:

Tomorrow is the day! Don't miss this chance to come out and cruise the day in support charity! There are still a few spots for those of you who are still undecided. Please email me ASAP if you plan to attend. See you all in the morning!

Back