• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run Out East IX, Saturday May 14, 2011

• WHAT: "Run Out East IX" (cars...friends…food...wine...music)

• WHERE: PINDAR Vineyards, 37645 Main Road, Peconic , NY 11958
(631) 734-6200
Pindar | Pindar Vineyards (directions)

• WHEN: SATURDAY, May 14th, 2011, 11:00AM-3:00PM (Rain Date, Sunday, May 15th)

• HOW: price per person…

1) $40.00 IF YOU ARE ENTERING A CAR IN THE CONCOURS. (NOTE: You may also opt to display car for free.) Includes eligibility for trophies & door prizes, the annual ROE hat, a glass of wine, and lunch.

2) $30.00 LUNCH only. Includes a glass of wine and lunch.

3) Spectators, and/or display only of your sports, special interest or exotic car: FREE

Sponsored in part by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island

Now, the full story:

On Saturday, May 14th, 2011, dozens of automobile enthusiasts will get together to share their enthusiasm and appreciation for cars. The gathering is the Run Out East (ROE) 9. The venue is Long Island's beautiful East End and the famous Pindar Vineyards in Peconic.

SCHEDULE

1) 9:00 AM. Optional for those who would like to drive out together.

Meet at Autosport Designs, Inc./Lotus Motorcars of Long Island
203 West Hills Road
Huntington Station, NY 11746
Tel: (631) 425-1555

Coffee and pastries provided by Autosport Designs/Lotus Motorcars of Long Island. Meet up with fellow ROE participants and tour their facility (always great cars on hand).

2) 11:00am Arrive at Pindar and display cars

3) 11- 12:30 Vote for People’s Choice Concours

4) 12:30 Announcement of Door Prizes and Concours Winners

5) 1:00- 3:00 Lunch.

RSVP: [email protected] at least one week ahead, so we can advise the caterer accordingly. We WILL accept payment at the "door" as long as we have capacity!

PLEASE INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER OR E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WILL ENABLE US TO CONTACT YOU THE DAY BEFORE, OR THE DAY OF, THE EVENT IN CASE THE EVENT IS CANCELLED (due to rain)!

PAYMENT: best way to pay is via Paypal. Use payor ID [email protected]; in the comments put “ROE 9”, your name and what you are paying for (eg., 1 car entry, plus one lunch, etc.)

To send a check, e-mail Sam Germana for address: [email protected]

Thanks very much, and hope to see you there!!
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

• ROE 9.jpg
    ROE 9.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Hi Randy,

Thanks for posting this info again this year! It was a fun event. I have a wedding in the afternoon so I may join the drive out and leave early.

Simon:smile:

I've already paypal'd Sam, this will be my 6th ROE, a really nice day!!!
I've promised that I'd take the GT, so bring some NSX's out so I don't feel bad!!!!

Great to hear you guys are coming again! The more the merrier!

Simon, definitely come even if it's only for the meet at Autosport and the drive out east.

Promises to be a great event, just be careful, the police all know when this event occurs and they will be out in force raising revenue for their starving "coffers", do NOT contribute to this. I do not plan on going to Autosport as I don't want to "caravan" on this journey. No offense intended, I feel that I draw enough attention as it is, whether it's in the NSX or the GT. Please everyone that plans on attending, do not be stupid, go and enjoy the day, if you start at Autosport, that's great, just don't get into any trouble on the way out to Pindar!

Promises to be a great event, just be careful, the police all know when this event occurs and they will be out in force raising revenue for their starving "coffers", do NOT contribute to this. I do not plan on going to Autosport as I don't want to "caravan" on this journey. No offense intended, I feel that I draw enough attention as it is, whether it's in the NSX or the GT. Please everyone that plans on attending, do not be stupid, go and enjoy the day, if you start at Autosport, that's great, just don't get into any trouble on the way out to Pindar!

No offense taken, and just so you know, the group driving out last year was entirely well behaved! No pull-overs, let alone tickets were given out.

As you know, this event skews to the older/wiser/not-out-to-prove-our-cars-are-as-fast-as-they-are crowd, so it's not quite as worrisome as certain other area rallies. That said, it's still sage advice for those of us who'll be driving out together.

We'll see you there, unless you reconsider and join us at Autosport (which I hope you do)!

Last edited:
No offense taken, and just so you know, the group driving out last year was entirely well behaved! No pull-overs, let alone tickets were given out.

As you know, this event skews to the older/wiser/not-out-to-prove-our-cars-are-as-fast-as-they-are crowd, so it's not quite as worrisome as certain other area rallies. That said, it's still sage advice for those of us who'll be driving out together.

We'll see you there, unless you reconsider and join us at Autosport (which I hope you do)!
Are you calling me "older"?:eek::wink:
Don't worry, no offense taken here either!!!:biggrin:

+1
Randy's right. I drove with them from Lotus and we were all well behaved w/o incident. There were no bright yellow or cars with racing stripes in our group that morning! :biggrin:

Just the same ............. be careful out there.

+1
Randy's right. I drove with them from Lotus and we were all well behaved w/o incident. There were no bright yellow or cars with racing stripes in our group that morning! :biggrin:

Just the same ............. be careful out there.

Thanks for the +1, Rich. Will you and your wife be joining us again this year, I hope?

Thanks for the +1, Rich. Will you and your wife be joining us again this year, I hope?

Randy,

Would love to go but I'll be down South on a golf trip and will miss it. Have fun and I'm sure you will have a great turnout if the weather cooperates. :smile:

Thanks
-Rich

Just a FYI for everyone, Sam Germana who organizes this event each year, does just like Alan Ofsey does for the event in NJ, he guarantees good weather, so even if you haven't signed up yet, plan on making the run!!!!

Weather has been a bit of a concern but it is looking like it will hold up on Saturday. So as of now, it's a go!

See you in the morning!...

Reminder that anyone coming from points west, please come and join us at the morning meeting spot - Autosport Designs, 203 West Hills Road, Huntington Station - anytime from 8:30am on.

Like last year, we'll hang there until 10:30 then rally out together to Pindar. Cars & coffee before wine & concours... :cool:

Great time out at Pindar, no NSX's made the trip, Hilly brought a couple of neat cars out, this is an event that more of you need to try and make!!!

Great time out at Pindar, no NSX's made the trip, Hilly brought a couple of neat cars out, this is an event that more of you need to try and make!!!

Indeed, it was a good time, as usual, and pretty much becoming the official start of summer for me. Glad the rain held off.

Roger, I'm really sorry I didn't catch you to say 'hello' before you left. I realized who you were when you won the door prize and lost track for a moment after the awards were handed out. Next thing I realized you were getting in the car and pulling away. I almost ran after you but thought that would be behavior unbecoming for such a dignified affair!:biggrin:

Anyway, your FGT is beyond gorgeous and I'm at least glad I got to see it, if not meet you! Next year for X, I guess!

Back