• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ryans #28 LBB questions??

Ok, so as some of you know, I almost bought this car about a month ago before I found out about the accident that it had been in. I've tried to PM Ryan to get the details on the accident/damage, but he hasn't gotten back to me. If some of you know him, or are familiar with this car please give me a hand. I saw the pics of the damage, and it didn't look that bad. I'm trying to fin out if the damage was purely cosmetic or if there was frame damage. I'm not going to spend that type of money on a car that's been straightened. I'm assuming the exterior pieces were replaced with brand new OEM ones so I'm not overly concerned with that. I'm interested to know what what was going on underneath, as I still may consider purchasing. The owner of the dealership knows that I'm aware of the incident and I think I may be able to use it as a bargaining chip.

I know the price of his car is tempting, but for what its worth I've been watching that specific car being sold at the Manheim auto auctions and then being placed on Autotrader by different dealerships who think they could sell it. I don't know the details but I think that if a dealership can't get rid of the car it just goes back to auction again. If I even remember right the engine might have a blown cylinder.

That's not positive. The owner's offered it to me for $55k. He even said I could take it to an Acura dealer to have it checked out. A blown cyliner is a whole different issue. I wasn't aware of that.

i remember that i read the entire thread....and in other ones where Ryan as talked about the incident, and never anything about the engine was mentioned....in fact, the very first time was here...now...by MashimaroNSX

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I believe the one with the issue of the wiped bearing is in Tennesee and not this particular LBB car. I think it has a new short block and the only issue is something about matching numbers. They are asking 65k. I am sure they would not offer to let you take it to an Acura dealer if it has a blown cylinder....

Actually it may have been a different LBB that I was thinking of, sorry for the confusion.

The Kid saw this car at auction, says it has frame damage, not visable, whatever that means. That is what scared me off the car, i know it well only live 5 miles from Di Ciccos

i saw Ryan's photos... by what i could see from the photos...it's hard to believe in any frame damage...but you guys can/have see it in person...so..you guys know better...

I am 99% positive that Ryan told me there was frame damage, but I don't remember how long it had to be on the frame machine.
I drove the car with Ryan after it was fixed and I didn't feel that there were any issues with the way the car performed.
It is important for me to bring up that the car's paint did NOT match. It is a good attempt and looks decent from far away, but up close it is different shades of blue.

I forwarded this link to Ryan, but haven't spoken to him yet and I'm sure he's pretty busy.

Do not know buyer, quess he did not do his homework! This dealer is real a wheeler dealer if you know what I mean. He paid 47.5k at auction!

Back