• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S.O.S Turbo Track Day !!!!

:biggrin: Science of Speed has allowed me to love my NSX again ! the turbo install and complete engine rebuild as well as many other upgrades completed by them is outstanding. The complete professionalism and attention to the details is incredible. I have returned from a track day with it and a 427 cobra project I am completing and can't tell you how much fun the NSX was.
This NSX is fast, strong, and tight on the track, I still have 200 miles before w.o.t. and short shifting at 5000 rpms but it still killed everyone on the track both Friday and Saturday, on the street it is just crazy !!!
12 pounds of boost over 500 hp. stoptechs and Toyo R888's fantastic combination !!! Great call Chris as usual. The Toyos make a huge differance, no push.
Thanks again Chris and Science of Speed I handed you a mess and a pile of parts and you gave me one hell of a ride.
Chris feel free to post the Dyno sheets and any thing else you would like to share. you guys are the best.

Attachments

• DSCF0718.jpg
    DSCF0718.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCF0716.jpg
    DSCF0716.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_3042.jpg
    IMG_3042.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 314
Beautiful car, I couldn't even imagine driving a 500+whp nsx, must be a blast!

:biggrin: Science of Speed has allowed me to love my NSX again ! the turbo install and complete engine rebuild as well as many other upgrades completed by them is outstanding. The complete professionalism and attention to the details is incredible. I have returned from a track day with it and a 427 cobra project I am completing and can't tell you how much fun the NSX was.
This NSX is fast, strong, and tight on the track, I still have 200 miles before w.o.t. and short shifting at 5000 rpms but it still killed everyone on the track both Friday and Saturday, on the street it is just crazy !!!
12 pounds of boost over 500 hp. stoptechs and Toyo R888's fantastic combination !!! Great call Chris as usual. The Toyos make a huge differance, no push.
Thanks again Chris and Science of Speed I handed you a mess and a pile of parts and you gave me one hell of a ride.
Chris feel free to post the Dyno sheets and any thing else you would like to share. you guys are the best.

Hey where'd you get those front canards? Those are sweet!

yep its a blast
front conards came with tyteck front end, not sure how to spell it, Chris from SOS can get them.
turbo is a gt 35 ball bearing, spools very quickly.
more pix, will get some of turbo setup soon

Attachments

• DSCF0714.jpg
    DSCF0714.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 216
  • DSCF0748.jpg
    DSCF0748.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN5310.jpg
    DSCN5310.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN5329.jpg
    DSCN5329.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN5322.jpg
    DSCN5322.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 139
pix of set up

Attachments

• DSCN5731.jpg
    DSCN5731.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN5732.jpg
    DSCN5732.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN5733.jpg
    DSCN5733.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN5738.jpg
    DSCN5738.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN5739.jpg
    DSCN5739.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN5741.jpg
    DSCN5741.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN5742.jpg
    DSCN5742.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCN5744.jpg
    DSCN5744.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN5745.jpg
    DSCN5745.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN5736.jpg
    DSCN5736.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN5737.jpg
    DSCN5737.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 137
Get some racing seats that fit you well and you will notice a dramatic improvement in how you feel in the car.

I was running the stock seats with the Dali seat cushion to allow a 5pt with sub belt. I now have OMP Carbon Kevlars with 6pts, and the difference between the racing seat set up and the stock seat set up has made a big difference, for me, with how connected I feel to the car.

HOLY CRAP!! that must be one fun ride. What track is that?

+1 on what Dave said - get a racing seat.

Yep seats have been on the list for a while, medical bills for my son put them on the back burner, "long story", I have a kirkland coming for my cobra, its nice to be very light on the steering and pedals with a great racing seat.
the body parts are Front end, rear wing and diffuser by Tyteck "not sure of spelling" side skirts are Marga hills All parts still need final fitting and painting, that will be done soon I hope. S.O.S can get them for you.
Track is Gainsville, in Florida, More of a training track but still a blast.
Seabring and Robling Road are much more fun.

Glad to see you having fun with the car Joe. Joe's car got pretty beat up from two other shops now out of business (including backing the door into the dyno). It took a lot of sorting out and replacing of lots of missing/damaged hardware, but it's good to see it back on the track!

Cheers,
-- Chris

NetViper The track is part of the Gainsville drag strip park, not very many people know about it, it is way in the back behind the first parking area for the drag strip. small wood sign saying road course turn here. I will try and find more info for you, If we rent it again I could let you know. go there 3 or 4 times a year.

Chris, you are way to kind, My car was a mess !!!!!!. missing more parts then I could count, the parts I purchased over and over again, sending block to cali, sleeves that didnt work, crank replaced because of others mistakes, haphazard care by many, the door damaged, the lights damaged, interior damage, keys lost, I can't remember how many rods and pistons coated and couldn't be reused aaaarrrrrr.
I looked closer at the engine today and am amazed at the work, I find something new you guys did that is outstanding over and over again, not a leak not a missing nut or bolt. I know you didnt charge me for all the stuff you did. I has not gone unnoticed.
It costs me thousands of dollars just to transport my car to SOS, you will never here me complain. It has been soooooo worth it.
You guys always answered all my many questions, never complained. kept me in the loop every step of the way. without me calling first ??? unheard of.
remember when you told me I needed a new block and I said we should just go to stage 3, you convinced me to let you build it your way, You reminded me when I told you what I wanted to do with my car, you could have billed me for a lot of work I didn't need. WOW.
Ok enough already, just plain "Thank You Very Much"
Hope you can make it to PRI this weekend I would love to meet you in person and take you and your staff out for steaks and drinks.

There is a new track in Starke, adjacent to the airport...have you been out there yet? I went to the first open track day and it has definate promise. www.gorally.com is the website. would love to have a regional NSX meeting there one day. We can arrange a private session or go in on a Corp membership. Let me know your thoughts.

There is a new track in Starke, adjacent to the airport...have you been out there yet? I went to the first open track day and it has definate promise. www.gorally.com is the website. would love to have a regional NSX meeting there one day. We can arrange a private session or go in on a Corp membership. Let me know your thoughts.

That sounds like a great idea.

I talked to several people at the latest Jax Cars and Coffee and they were all interested in learning more about a track day at Starke.

Next open track days at Starke are Sunday December 28 and Saturday January 24.

Back