• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

s2000 antenna installed

Ditto to Hapa88's post. I purchased and installed the "shark attack II" atenna and it is a bolt-on proposition. Reception seems fine in the mostly near-urban area I live in. It also looks better than the S2000 antenna and really blends in with the look of my black car. It looks like it should be the stock antenna

Hrant said:
Just curious because I am inclined to do this mode as well. How do you measure about 90% of OEM (the number could easily be 80% and I would have the same question)? Did you notice any loss in reception? It appears to me non of the aftermarket antennas ever made a claim of "better" than OEM; it always close to OEM. TIA.

I used that number to try and say that from my experience, I haven't noticed much loss in reception. I do argree, however that the OEM antenna does have better reception, but not enough for me to purchase a replacement mast which is over $60 (my motor is fine, but my mast wasn't extending all the way). I live in LA and with the new Shark Attack II antenna, reception is more than acceptable for me (I haven't noticed any stations cutting out unexpectedly).

I also installed the shark attack II antenna. (Infact, thats my car in the picture he posted)

Edit: Here is another picture of my car with the antenna
rznsx8.jpg

'pvmike' was kind enough to send me an ebay link this morning. I bought it and should get sometime next week.
I certainly want the plug-&-play type.

anybody tried something like the RSX antenna... i sold my rsx and it didn't have a 'visable' antenna, just a small box by the upper portion of the hatch... i never had a problem with radio reception in that and would love to have that over ANY visible antenna anyway

demigod said:
Thanks! Just ordered the Shark Attack II.. :biggrin:
Where did you find it on e-bay? I did a search and nothing.

I just bought the antenna on ebay, I was wondering where did you guys get the special tools for the install? im assuming its just the tool to remove the fastening nut for the stock antenna? is there any other way of removing it without a special tool? I'm just trying to figure out what else i'll need for the instal.

LastExile said:
I just bought the antenna on ebay, I was wondering where did you guys get the special tools for the install? im assuming its just the tool to remove the fastening nut for the stock antenna? is there any other way of removing it without a special tool? I'm just trying to figure out what else i'll need for the instal.

What part are you having problems with? I removed mine with the normal tools.

Back