• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Sacramento, CA to Durango, CO & Back - Sports Car Run 9/6-13/08

Just completed an 8 day run from Sacramento, CA to Durango, CO. Had to take my 300ZX but will take the NSX next year, thats for sure. So come along for the ride and enjoy the pics. A few NSXs sure would be cool.

First Day Out - Saturday, 9/6 - Meeting, then heading across Highway 50 (The Loneliest Road in America). Lunch stop at Middlegate Station, checking out the Shoetree, Austin and Eureka, Nevada. Eventually staying in Ely, Nevada overnight.

Next week I'll post pictures from Day 2 - Ely, Nevada to Moab, Utah
Jack

Last edited:
You definitely have a cool rear end on your white Z! I was expecting to see the black one! You make me want to have you put my nsx under your knife lol.

BTW, someone dropped their goldwing it looks like?

You definitely have a cool rear end on your white Z! I was expecting to see the black one! You make me want to have you put my nsx under your knife lol.

BTW, someone dropped their goldwing it looks like?

I was just looking up the street in Austin NV and the guy was pulling away from pump and he slid on some loose gravel and over he went. Messed up the side pretty good. His buddies came to his rescue.
Hummm! An NSX with a shaved rear bumper, hadn't thought of that.:wink: Thanks David!

So Roy went with you guys in his new GTR too.:smile:

So Roy went with you guys in his new GTR too.:smile:
Not only did Roy participate on the 2500 mile run, he was kind enough to let me drive his GT-R 150 miles from Salina, Utah on I-70 to Moab, Utah. I must say that after just a few minutes in the car, I was doing bursts from 70 to 140 in what seemed like a blink of an eye. The really amazing part is the car is extremely stable and seemed like it was glued to the road. I've never come close to doing anything like that in my NSX where we live in the Bay Area. What a thrill.:smile:

I was just looking up the street in Austin NV and the guy was pulling away from pump and he slid on some loose gravel and over he went. Messed up the side pretty good. His buddies came to his rescue.
Hummm! An NSX with a shaved rear bumper, hadn't thought of that.:wink: Thanks David!

Ah sheesh, the Mrs is gonna be hating me now! LoL seriously, I might be moving over the hill to Pacifica or the surrounding area for college next fall. I should have some spare cash and possibly still the nsx. I'd be interested in seeing what you can do to the car.....

What did you guys do once you made it to Durango? Did you take the drive up to Silverton? Either the drive or riding the train from Durango to Silverton is an AWESOME experience!

Not only did Roy participate on the 2500 mile run, he was kind enough to let me drive his GT-R 150 miles from Salina, Utah on I-70 to Moab, Utah. I must say that after just a few minutes in the car, I was doing bursts from 70 to 140 in what seemed like a blink of an eye. The really amazing part is the car is extremely stable and seemed like it was glued to the road. I've never come close to doing anything like that in my NSX where we live in the Bay Area. What a thrill.:smile:
Are you on Twinturbo.net too?
Nice ZX...
I'm Fly-Surf (license plate) over there.

What did you guys do once you made it to Durango? Did you take the drive up to Silverton? Either the drive or riding the train from Durango to Silverton is an AWESOME experience!

Driving the backroads of Nevada, Utah and Colorado was totally AWESOME,especially driving in formation and turning heads. How can anyone go to Durango and not take that train? Check back later on the day five recap. In the mean time, pictures of [days 2 and three] the drive along the San Rafael Reef, a section of I-70 in central Utah and the sports car tour of Arches N.P. are enough to blow your car picture tak'in mind.:smile: STAY TUNED!:wink:

Are you on Twinturbo.net too?
Nice ZX...
I'm Fly-Surf (license plate) over there.
NO!
Those guys on Twin Turbo don't perticularly like radical bodies or non-recognizable stuff from what I've heard. The ZX your talking about is tame compared to the widebody I didn't take. Ever see 345s on 19x13s on a 300zx? A convertible yet.:wink:

NO!
Those guys on Twin Turbo don't perticularly like radical bodies or non-recognizable stuff from what I've heard. The ZX your talking about is tame compared to the widebody I didn't take. Ever see 345s on 19x13s on a 300zx? A convertible yet.:wink:

WOW!!!!
You are serious!
I like to see it all!
How many cars do you have?
How do you garage them all...I'm already "stacking".

Oh you should see his cars in person. The pictures don't do the cars justice. Custom carbon fiber handbuilt parts done in his home by him alone. Talk about passion for the art!

Day 2 - Ely, Nevada to Moab, Utah

Last edited:
Back