• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive on 4-13

LMR

Legendary Member
Our next drive will be on Saturday April 13th. Nick (9doors) has planned us an awesome route. We will be starting in Banning and taking Hwy 243 to Idyllwild and continuing on Hwy 74 to Hemet and then heading south to Temecula for lunch. The route will take us on mountain roads with some awesome views, then a twisty drop on Hwy 74 towards Hemet and a fun drive down to Temecula. I wanted to do this drive last year but could not fit it in so I wanted to make sure we did it this year.

We will be meeting in Banning at 9:30. The meeting spot will be at Rite Aid at 806 Ramsey St. Banning Ca. 92220. Exit from I-10 at 8th St (Hwy 243) and turn left. Go under freeway and it will be on the left at the first street corner. There is a Gas station across the street and I recommend that you fill up there.

Post if you can go and I will add you to the list. As always we need your name and name of your passenger if you have one.

UPDATE

For those that feel after lunch the need for more fun driving, Mt Palomar is not far away. We can make a quick run up and down the mountain.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. 9doors (Nick)
3. Patty
4. Kyras (Patty)
5. racer9x (Javier & Claudia)
6. Gansan (Glen)
7. nsxnemo (Nemo & ?)
8. dustthisnsx (Paul & Carol)
9. GO KRT (Alan)
10. liftnot (Tim & Rocco)
11. bboxer (Tino & Chery)
12. DSTNSX (Danny & Shirley)
13. GruppeMUSA (Alex)
14. Track Addict (Jonathan & Kyle)

Last edited:
Honored to plan the route with ya. Patty (not Kyras) is in, either as my passenger or driving her S2K.

Damn! I know this route and it is some pretty scenery. Can't make it though. I'm out of state and will probably have my arm in a sling for some time. You guys and gals enjoy yourselves. I'll just turn on some past videos of our drives to tide me over until the next one. You go Les!

No go for me... :( Will be spening that weekend in Pahrump :)
I've done this route several times with other car forum members.
Def. one of my favorites!!! Have fun and be safe!!!

Damn! I know this route and it is some pretty scenery. Can't make it though. I'm out of state and will probably have my arm in a sling for some time. You guys and gals enjoy yourselves. I'll just turn on some past videos of our drives to tide me over until the next one. You go Les!

I can exercise those turbos for you during your recovery ;)

ps I'm in + Carol but can't guarantee the car will be clean as it'll be fresh off buttonwillow ...

See update on first post.

Decisions decisions. Do I go to the San Diego Miata Club annual meeting at the auto museum in Balboa Park and SIT there or do I take the "X" out for a run ? This might be the first year I miss a meeting. Sign me up Scotty (I mean Les)

Sorry guys... wish I could attend but looks like I'll be in Vegas that weekend. :frown::smile:

Damn! That's two drives in a row that I will have missed. :mad:

You are all in great hands with Nick and Les... should be an epic drive!

-Steve

Sorry guys... wish I could attend but looks like I'll be in Vegas that weekend. :frown::smile:

Damn! That's two drives in a row that I will have missed. :mad:

You are all in great hands with Nick and Les... should be an epic drive!

-Steve

Do you really work or are you on permanent vacation.

Decisions decisions. Do I go to the San Diego Miata Club annual meeting at the auto museum in Balboa Park and SIT there or do I take the "X" out for a run ? This might be the first year I miss a meeting. Sign me up Scotty (I mean Les)
I knew you are smart guy, Alan. :biggrin:

Some co-workers of yours say they never see you at work any more.

Come on Les, you know the deal.... working hard on playing hard:wink: LOL
Fixed:biggrin:

More people would go to meets if they started later. I just go once every 2 years to a meets because I like to sleep in on Saturdays.

More people would go to meets if they started later. I just go once every 2 years to a meets because I like to sleep in on Saturdays.
Yeah, but it takes the fun out of a drive when we get stuck with slow drivers who won't pull over and the odds for that go up the later we drive. I love to sleep in too but make the exception for a drive. It's worth it once you get going. :)

Yeah, but it takes the fun out of a drive when we get stuck with slow drivers who won't pull over and the odds for that go up the later we drive. I love to sleep in too but make the exception for a drive. It's worth it once you get going. :)

Majority of the last driveways stuck behind a bike or car :p.

i won't make it, everyone can breath easy....literally. Getting everything set up in my casa :)

Back