• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sacramento Chapter Club Meeting

any thing going on this weekend?

RE: November NSXCA Club Meeting:

We would like to invite the Bay Area Chapter to come up, hang out and have lunch at Driving Ambition. We know you have your Hooter's meet the next day, but we would like to extend the invitation to our meeting on Saturday.

The meeting for November will be held at Driving Ambition. Shad has generously offered his shop as the location for the meeting. I'm sure there are some cool things to see at the shop these days!

What you need to know:

Date/Day: November 15th, Saturday
Time: 10:30am for us early risers. Around 11:30am for you party animals. Lunch at 12 noon.
2378 Gold River Road, Gold River, CA 95670
http://www.drivingambition.us/

We will either order pizza from a local place or order burritos from a place nearby - there is an Adalberto's nearby (bring cash; though you won't need too much). The goal for this meet/lunch is to make it as casual as possible before we all get into the craziness of the holidays.

What if it rains, you ask? The meeting will still be held as planned. Please still attend - feel free to bring another car if you don't plan to bring your NSX.

Hrant, Fritz, Steve, etc., etc., . . .

I will forever be at the NSX NorCal meetings in spirit, but can't find the cash to fuel up the jet (eheh, yeah, RIGHT) to fly out there for this month's meeting. Please let all who give a darn know that I miss you all and if you are ever in northwest Florida, you always will have a place to hang your hat. Don't leave your NSX keys too close, however. :D Miss you guys!!!

Our Annual Christmas dinner will be on Monday December 15, from 7:00 PM on at:

Scott's Seafood at Le Rivage (i.e., River ...)
4350B Riverside Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822
http://www.yelp.com/biz/scotts-seafood-on-the-river-sacramento

Per our Treasurer's post [Fritz aka nsx4fun on Prime] - here are the details.

There are two menu options (see below); one totals with tax and gratuity to $50 and the other $55 if you are not NSXCA-Sacramento Chapter member.

You can add your name to the list, but you aren't confirmed until Fritz received payment. Payment must be received by NLT Dec 3 as we have to give the restaurant the final head count and dinner selections. If you pay early, you can cancel up to the payment deadline of Dec 3. After that, no one can last minute add-on and no one can cancel.

Sorry to be a hard nose, but we have to play by the restaurants rules for final headcount.

Checks can be made out to: NSXCA-Sacramento [check with Fritz for mailing address].

Fitz must receive payment by Dec 3; post marks don't count. If using snail mail, please mail by Nov 29.

Paypal payments can be made by sending a payment with your full name to: [email protected]

Cheers.

The Menu:

DINNER BUFFETS
25 person minimum

OUR FAVORITE
Caesar Salad
asiago cheese and garlic croutons
Fresh Fruit Salad

Macadamia Nut Crusted Alaskan Halibut
brown butter

Marinated Skirt Steak
chimichurri pesto

Roasted Rosemary New Potatoes, Wild Rice Pilaf
Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
Bread and Rolls Display with Fresh Creamery Butter

Chef’s Dessert Selection
Coffee, Decaf or Selected Teas

37.00 per person - with gratuity and tax $50

A LITTLE SPECIAL
Field Greens
candied pecans, maytag blue cheese and orange basil vinaigrette
Waldorf Salad

Filet Mignon
port wine shallot butter, red wine veal jus

Hawaiian Swordfish
coconut plantain sauce and mango chutney

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Red Potatoes
Blue Lake Green Beans
Bread and Rolls Display with Fresh Creamery Butter

Chef’s Dessert Selection
Coffee, Decaf or Selected Teas

40.00 per person - with gratuity and tax $55

Per the notice above, today is the last day to sign-up with payment. We are at 39 already and may have a few more who are finalizing their scheduling details.

Now the real challenge is to see if we can meet and or surpass the Bay's count of 40 :tongue:

1 & 2 Calvin/Kathy Filet & Swordfish Paid
3 & 4 Gene/Linda two Filet Mignon Paid
5 & 6 Don W. & Guest two Filet Mignon Paid
7 Fritz Filet Mignon Paid
8 & 9 Hrant & Guest Filet Mignon & Skirt Steak - Paid
10 & 11 Don Templeton/Linda Templeton Filet Mignon/ Halibut Paid
12 & 13 Jeff & Kay Filet Mignon/ Halibut Paid
14 & 15 Nalesh & Lisa: Filet Mignon/Veggie selection Paid
16. Rob Filet Mignon Paid
17 & 18 Aaron & Casey - both Filet Mignon - Paid
19. Carl - Skirt steak. Paid
20 & 21 Mike & Annette, 2 swordfish, Paid
22 Larry Cao Filet Mignon Paid
23 & 24 Shad & Guest 2 Filet Mignons Paid
25 & 26 Lou & Julie One Skirt steak & one Filet Paid
27 & 28 Dave & Molly 2 Filet Mignon Paid
29 Kip Filet Mignon Paid
30 & 31 Steve & Guest 2 Filet Mignon Paid
32 & 33 Tony & Cai Filet Mignon Paid
34 & 35 Nick & Kiran 2 Halibut Paid
36 & 37 DeeAnn & Brad 2 Filets Paid
38 & 39 Armando & Justina - Filet Mignon and Halibut Paid

Last edited:
Have a great dinner and say hello to all, thank you bill.

+1 Have a great time and I look forward to our next joint event in the first quarter of 2009.

Mike

hi everyone, just want to say hi, first time posting, proud new owner of 99 nsx with 25600 mile. my dream car since high school, and finally parking in my garage yeah!!!!!!!. Was wondering where everyone is taking their car for service from simple oil change to major works.

thanks all.

anesthesia

You have a few choices and it depends on where you reside in greater Sacramento and what major work you want to be done (aftermarket or OEM).

Niello Acura has been a sponsor and supporter of our club so that is one choice. They give 25% off on parts and 10% off on labor for NSXCA members in good standing. Bruce Pettitt is their chief NSX tech there. Ask for Chuck Towle, the service manager, before you go in to make sure your needs will be met. www.nielloacura.com

Driving Ambition in Gold River is another sponsor and supporter of our club. Besides the regular maintenance issues, they also specialize in aftermarket stuff as well as custom requests. They handle pretty much all the tracked cars in the area, and receive cars from other parts of the state/out of state. Shad the owner is one of the gurus in the NSX community. Ask for Bob to discuss your needs. www.drivingambition.com

Kay's Auto Performance in Roseville (916 781-2663); the owner Tony has an NSX and services quite a few of the local NSXs. Many of us take our other cars to Tony for service.

Yet another is Elk Grove Honda, which has serviced NSXs but I am not familiar with their service.

HTH.

You have a few choices and it depends on where you reside in greater Sacramento and what major work you want to be done (aftermarket or OEM).

Niello Acura has been a sponsor and supporter of our club so that is one choice. They give 25% off on parts and 10% off on labor for NSXCA members in good standing. Bruce Pettitt is their chief NSX tech there. Ask for Chuck Towle, the service manager, before you go in to make sure your needs will be met. www.nielloacura.com

Driving Ambition in Gold River is another sponsor and supporter of our club. Besides the regular maintenance issues, they also specialize in aftermarket stuff as well as custom requests. They handle pretty much all the tracked cars in the area, and receive cars from other parts of the state/out of state. Shad the owner is one of the gurus in the NSX community. Ask for Bob to discuss your needs. www.drivingambition.com

Kay's Auto Performance in Roseville (916 781-2663); the owner Tony has an NSX and services quite a few of the local NSXs. Many of us take our other cars to Tony for service.

Yet another is Elk Grove Honda, which has serviced NSXs but I am not familiar with their service.

HTH.

All very good my .02c is SHAD.......BILL

awesome, thanks all for the info, very helpful to know. hope one day to meet everyone at the next nsx gathering. thanks again

anesthesia

The upcoming club meeting will be held Tuesday, January 27th.

We will elect new officers and discuss future events and club direction. Bring your ideas and interests and the business your in. This year we want to further expand our efforts in supporting and backing events, whether it be track events, fun drives, car shows, or other functions, by promoting the businesses your are in. That is the spirit of club membership and support.

TIME: 7:00
EL PATRON BAR & GRILL
6601 Folsom blvd Sacramento Ca
(916) 455-8945

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...a=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=directions-to

CALVIN
CDNSX on Prime
www.stuckcaps.com

I'm going to try to make it to this meet. Hope to see all the usual faces.

J

Not sure if I need to, but this is just to confirm my attendance tonight.

J - still on 18/18

Not sure if I need to, but this is just to confirm my attendance tonight.

J - still on 18/18

Cool. It will be good to see you tonight. I'll be in my Integra GS-R. Coming straight from work. No time to go home for the NSX. :frown:

Sacramento NSXCA - April Meeting - Spring Fling!

We would like to invite the Bay Area Chapter to our April Spring Fling event/meeting. If you are NOT from the Sacramento Chapter and want to attend, please PM me directly and I'll get you on our list. See below for event details.

If you are in the Sacramento Chapter, you already get the email updates.

Mark your calendars for our April Spring Fling bash! Our April club meeting will be at Bridges On The River and we have lined up an awesome dinner event for everyone!

2125 Garden Hwy
Sacramento, CA 95833

Date: Tuesday, April 28th

Time: Meeting officially starts at 7pm but if you arrive early you get to take advantage of fun extras. What fun extras, you ask?
5:30-7pm: No host bar - and we get special pricing
5:30-7pm: Photographs of our NSXs - Those who arrive early will get pictures of their cars taken for our club website. Help us get the pictures taken - arrive early. Don't miss out on this!

Menu Choices:
Choose one entree. Includes all you can drink ice tea and soft drinks.

1. Pork Tenderloin w/ Apple brandy sauce, garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. Includes salad.

2. Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken w/ Tomatoes, basil and slivered garlic lightly sautéed in olive oil. Includes salad.

3. Fish and Chips w/ Delicate white fish in beer batter with fries and remoulade sauce. Includes salad.

4. Lobster served with potatoes and vegetables. Includes soup or salad.

All entrees include all you can drink ice tea and soft drinks.

We get all of this for a cost per person, including tax and tip for: $22.50. Payment will be collected at the event.

Let's make this a big event! Bring your spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other or friend. Make it a date night. :)

Back