• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

satellite dish help

So hockey is here and unfortunately here in the states NHL hockey rates just above college softball. That means even though I live in Seattle I can't watch canadian (British Columbia) sports. I currently use Dish network for the home but I would like to figure out how to get TSN and SPORTSNET locally. I know it can be done. I just don't know the ins and outs of the secondary sattelite market. Anybody have experiance with this?

Why don't you use a slingbox?

I think you still need the programming in order to use the slingbox. The sling device lets you remotely watch your tv anywhere. The problem I'm having is that there is no local carriers (that i know of) which carry canadian programming. Thats why i'm looking to purchase a secondary sattelite system. I just don't know the satellite market.

Sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought you already had the programming elsewhere. Know anyone in Canada? Lol

I think a google for Canadian satellite service would yield a good start. Dish network has a partner or subsidiary for the Canadian market Bell Express. I believe what would be needed is a dish aimed at the right satellite, a box that works with Canadian service and subscription. I believe the Canadian equivalent of the FCC does not bar receiving outside Canada like the FCC does for American satellite service. Since Seattle is pretty darn close to the southern border, issues of satellite signal should not be an issue.

Last edited:
yeah i tried center ice but half of the games are in standard definition. If you have ever watched a sporting event in SD after being spoiled with HD... well.....its like going back to the early 90s. Not so great. I have tried center ice as well.. thats much better but the only downfall is its for mobile devices only.

This is the answer for anyone without cable/satellite, or people who live in blackout areas who want to see HD NHL or NBA games on their TV.

Get a Roku 3. On your PC google the site Hockey Streams (they also have an NBA site called Ball Streams). You give a "donation" and you can watch every hockey game (you can watch every game live, and they archive them so you can watch replays of any game at any time) in HD on your TV through their Roku app. Its not 100% equal to a direct HD feed from a cable/satelite provider, but I did it last year with their basketball streams (Ball Streams) and it always worked and was pretty close to HD broadcast quality (720, like 98% as good as a Comcast feed).

The only downside is they sometimes only had one feed, so a few times I watched my Blazer games but they were the feeds for the other team. Not a big deal to me.

I think I get a referral bonus so if anyone wants my info just PM me. Its not a huge bonus though so don't worry about it if you don't want to.

• Live NHL Pre-Season Games
  • Live NHL, AHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL and more Regular Season Games
  • Live NHL, AHL, OHL, QMJHL, WHL and more Post Season Games
  • Live NHL© All-Star Game
  • Live NHL© Draft
  • Live NHL© Player Awards
  • Live Olympics
  • Memorial Cup
  • On-demand Games (NHL, AHL, OHL, WHL, QMJHL)
  • Trade Deadline on multiple stations
  • Video is streamed on based on your internet connection. The maximum bitrate for our streams is 3200Kbps (3.2MB/s), and the minimum is 800Kbps (0.8MB/s).
  • Plus much, much, more!
Because we offer so much, and are utilizing so many resources; we ask for a donation in order to gain access to the best streaming service on the planet!

Donation amounts are: $7.49 for 1 Day
$12.99 for 1 Week
$17.99 for 1 Month
$47.99 for 3 Months
$69.99 for 6 Months
$109.99 for 1 Year

Last edited:
Back