• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

satellite radio

I have XM installed. I find the sound to be poor, i.e. poorer than FM. Reception appears fine. Anyone else dissatisfied?

sdavies88 said:
I should mention that I am connected directly no FM modulation.
Then how is it connected?
Are you using OEM NSX audio equipment? If so what is method of connecting the XM?

Are you using the cassette adapter? If so, that sounds worse than the FM modulator which is marginally okay at best.

I still haven't found the time to do the Blitzsafe install with my MyFi XM reciever.

xm in the glove box,, works great. Out of sight... no issues.

I have a basic XM install with the factor blose system.... I found the tape adapter to be a 'bit' better than the built in FM modulator. I ran the wires, etc for the tape and power behind the center console, for a somewhat clean look. Either way, the XM sounds "ok" at best. I am somewhat of an audiophile and am gearing up for a new install overall.. This is to tie me over until then. I am generally disappointed with the XM sound quality. My iPod (With 192kb .aac files) blows it out of the water. I may let my XM subscription slide now that I have an iPod in the car.

Just my 2cents.

Attachments

• DSC00005b.jpg
    DSC00005b.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 63
For anyone considering (or has already installed) an XM system, please think about installing one of the available auxiliary interface systems that will integrate with the OEM system. You'll be much more satisfied with the results.
Blitzsafe is one consideration, expecially if you have a CD changer that you would like to keep (Blitz is the ONLY option for that). Will also work with a Smartenna too.

Back