• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Saturday Dinner at NSXPO 2002

The schedule of activities for NSXPO 2002 includes dinner as a group on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Saturday night, we are on our own to explore the many dining opportunities of the DFW Metroplex.

For a long time, I have wanted to go to the most famous restaurant in the area: the Restaurant at the Mansion on Turtle Creek, which features the Southwestern cuisine of Chef Dean Fearing and is housed within a mansion, with small, intimate dining areas. This restaurant has been acclaimed by food writers around the world.

I have taken the liberty of making a reservation at 8:30 pm on Saturday, November 9, with the hope that some of my NSX friends might be interested in joining me. I would like to finalize the headcount for the Saturday dinner at the Mansion by this Friday, October 25. If you would like to join us, please let me know in the next few days.

The restaurant can only seat up to 10 at a table on a Saturday evening, so we may or may not all be sitting in the same area. I will find out what they can do for us regarding parking arrangements for a bunch of NSXs, and I will let those attending know about this along with directions to get there.

This restaurant is not for the faint of heart. It is not inexpensive; for example, most appetizers are $14-23 and most entrees are $38-55, not including tax and tip, of course. Also, their dress policy specifies, "Coat required, tie recommended for men. No tennis shoes, jeans or shorts."

You can read more about the restaurant, and view sample menus, at its website here.

I'm looking forward to making this a special part of a great NSXPO 2002. Let me know if you'd like to join me there.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 26 October 2002).]

Some of the Northeasterners will be there as well. I have dined and stayed there previously and give it rave reviews. I already have a reservation for 7 under my name and would encourage anyone interested to take Ken up on his offer. As Ken indicated, if you are the type who gets "sticker shock" make sure you take note of the prices before you go.

Bob

I've discussed the dinner with Peter Mills and, depending on the number of folks we have, we may combine the two reservations (the Northeast group and mine) into one group.

That is in Dallas and a bit away. I would look at Reata downtown Fort Worth, less than 20 miles, or some of the other real nice places there. If you are going to goto Dallas, there are really better places than that to goto to, or maybe im spoiled.

I'll probably be grabbing a burger at the Southampton, PA McDonalds if anyone wants to stop by.
wink.gif

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

Originally posted by UrbanPilot:
That is in Dallas and a bit away. I would look at Reata downtown Fort Worth, less than 20 miles, or some of the other real nice places there. If you are going to goto Dallas, there are really better places than that to goto to, or maybe im spoiled.

If anyone would like to organize another dinner somewhere else, that's fine. There will be lots more people at NSXPO 2002 than will be able to be accommodated at any one restaurant. That's why Saturday night is open - so that people can have their choice of a variety of venues, cuisines, locations, etc. I'll stick with the Mansion, though.

Originally posted by Jimbo:
I'll probably be grabbing a burger at the Southampton, PA McDonalds if anyone wants to stop by.
wink.gif

Hey Jimbo, I can see it now - a "Mansion vs McDonald's" debate...
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 23 October 2002).]

The Mansion at Turtle Creek is only 40 miles away from the hotel. Considering that most people are driving a lot longer than that just to get to NSXPO in the first place, the drive to dinner may be the shortest trip we take all week.

Fine Dining in Fort Worth where it is all happening, is Del Friscos (also in NYC, Vegas, etc), Texas de Brazil, Pegasas, Reata (great food and know the owner), Joe T. Garcias (only for the margaritas and the food is 8/10, and many more. Dallas has there too but if you are like me and like a few glasses of water, that is not a drive to take. Ill have my father on call to get people out of jail; he is a criminal attorney of 44 or so years and can pull some strings as he just did for me. :)

------------------
8k RPM in a recliner!

Back