• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Science of Speed Budget Hood

Do you mean the Vis NSX-R hood? If so it is a good product but I would not say great there is nothing the matter with it but compared to say the Procar hood it is second rate, but hey you get what you pay for.
When lining mine up I could only get 3 bolts on the hinges so 2 on one side 1 on the other and then some minor adjustments to the light covers to make it all line up. Otherwise it still looks good and does the job.

My VIS NA1 Type R hood fits almost perfect. Slightly better than PhiApha44's Downforce hood and 10x better than CURTSR's DF hood (which they said they would replace and NEVER did). Those guys did NOT get what they paid for since it was 4x more $.

485218_3464613744725_1552456860_2897954_1535395121_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had both the VIS (SoS) and DF hoods. The VIS had better fitment but wasn't as high quality. The DF wasn't a perfect fit, but the construction was much better. Additionally, the vent on the VIS hood doesn't go as deep (so that the spare tire will still fit).

I had both the VIS (SoS) and DF hoods. The VIS had better fitment but wasn't as high quality. The DF wasn't a perfect fit, but the construction was much better. Additionally, the vent on the VIS hood doesn't go as deep (so that the spare tire will still fit).

Agreed. But the DF is 4x the $ and some fit great and some not so much just like the VIS. But what's the point of a high quality hood that fits like crap?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed. But the DF is 4x the $ and some fit great and some not so much just like the VIS. But what's the point of a high quality hood that fits like crap?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I was lucky then. I got mine for a song from DF as it had one minor ding in it. They also covered the costs from the body shop to repair the ding. The curvature on the right fender was slightly off and the body shop corrected it by putting a small shim under the fender. Now it's all flush.

I actually bought audax's VIS hood. Outstanding fitment, however if you are looking for a 100% functional hood (where a radiator duct would seal against) then your best bet is with DF. I don't track my car and still carry my spare (until i get stoptechs :wink:) so I'm perfectly happy with my purchase :)

db93e8ed.jpg

64893_383152511695800_3306825669427.jpg

IMG_5891.jpg

Wow, that is great fitment on both red cars. Mine fit well, but not like in the pics here. Maybe I should've bought a red car!

Wow, that is great fitment on both red cars. Mine fit well, but not like in the pics here. Maybe I should've bought a red car!

I initially had a very small gap in the front, but was fixed easily by adjusting the latch.

Just for the record, I have had a genII downforce hood for 3-4 years now. It has perfect fitment (as good as my OEM), has not warped, changed color, or shown any signs of wear in the sun or cold.

Back