• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ScienceofSpeed AEM V2 (95-05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a new/unused AEM V2 Engine Management System with proper ScienceofSpeed harness

for 1995+ DBW NSX C30A/C32B

$1200 shipped SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

IMG_4470.jpg

Last edited:
bump to the top

bump to the top

bump to the top, price reduced $1500 shipped

price reduced $1350 shipped

bump to the top

Pm sent.

Let me know. Thank you.

RC-DEVIL. I would like a refund as, your add was very, very misleading. You listed the Aem V2 as brand new/unused, and never used. In good faith, I paid what you wanted and if, I knew it was used I would have paid a little bit more for a brand new Pnp Ecu. This Ecu has been used and opened up already. Upon further inspection, the screws was tampered with, and the warranty stickers on Ecu was missing on one side of the ecu. That’s how I knew it was opened already. I waited over 2 weeks to receive the item, and paid duties for snail mail. In these hard times $1200 USD is a lot to loose. I ask that you refund my money I sent you as a “GIFT” on Paypal to you. I will even expedite the ECU back to you. Lets not let this slide btw. 5F52E6A0-6DB2-4202-92A0-30C4C438BCAA.jpg2752D120-A6B1-4F69-9B01-1DC18A87C806.jpgB4733D52-8490-46CB-9BC2-E4FCCE84C5BE.jpgF5CEC29C-B2D3-46B0-8E09-1E1B6CB624F7.jpg

Hi Ravi,

as i explained via email. This was purchased second hand by me and also unused by me. it has never been installed in a car. The ecu was verified working before shipping and also when i bought it in 2018. This is why i dont like selling used electronics, there is always a bunch of "he said, she said".

I did not tamper with the warranty seals but i am not the first owner. I cannot offer a warranty or refund on this as it showed up as pictured, it works, its all there. I am not trying to rip you off.

there is no warranty on this from SOS (1 Year from purchase from the original owner) as it states in the .pdf manual i emailed you and I dont think AEM offers any warranty wither.
This is a 10+ year old car computer sold at a heavily discounted rate via private transaction. IF you are looking for something with warranty, support, etc there were options available to you for more than double this cost. The stickers mean nothing at this point, they didnt when i bought it in 2018, and they dont now in 2021. I am not sure what has happened in the time you have had the ecu (see marks on grey cable connector that were not present when shipped since it had never been in a car).

Im sorry you feel this way but I do not feel like i misrepresented anything. I have sold lots of items here and never had a single issue.

you know ironically i have a pic of the ecu when i bought it, im not sure what the significance of these stickers are but this unit is working fine (tested) and totally past any warranty they imply anyways. its 10+ years old. thats why it is not $2600+

this unit was new/unused in the box at least when it left here.

i believe the PO (the person i bought it from) had it 7+ years just sitting on a shelf.

42723091_240270619975577_1842478774562586624_n.jpg

You’re not making any sense right now. The point is, I ask you before I paid. Is it brand new, never used? You said yes. You stated, never installed. The principle of the sale was, being honest about Brand new/unused. I trusted your word and didn’t question you any further. I’d rather pay MORE for an Ecu that was not tampered with in the first place. I bought stuff on here, and ALL sellers came clean with me. Never had this kinda stuff happened before. Now you are saying you bought it off someone, and they used it? Then you said, you tried it out before you shipped it? The emails says otherwise!! It’s not about me getting a discount and blah, blah, blah about warranty expired and how much of a discount I am getting. Just to let you know. I don’t cheap out on my cars. You making it seem like I got a golden deal!!

Last edited:
Ravi? what is the actual problem here man?

yes. the ecu is new, has never been used on a car/installed. I simply tested it via a 12v lab power supply and usb cable to see if it would hook up to the AEM PC suite when i bought it(~2018). nothing has been tampered with, everything works fine and is included in new condition. The PO bought it new direct from SOS, he did not use it (sat unused). I bought it from him, it also sat unused in the same condition.

You are worrying about a sticker that has no significance. there is no warranty from anyone for this ECU, its 10+ years old. Everything works, everything shown in the pictures was included. It sounds like to me your tuner prefers to tune on a different setup or newer Infinity etc. and you have buyers remorse or something?

i believe just an AEM v2 bare for the NSX is like $1500 (if you can still buy this new even) and then you have to get a harness etc.

AEM: warranty: 12 months for original purchaser
https://www.aemelectronics.com/about-us/warranty-returns

SOS warranty: 1 year from date of purchase (as listed in the manual .pdf i sent you)

sorry man, i dont believe i have done anything wrong or tricked you.

Ravi? what is the actual problem here man?

yes. the ecu is new, has never been used on a car/installed. I simply tested it via a 12v lab power supply and usb cable to see if it would hook up to the AEM PC suite when i bought it(~2018). nothing has been tampered with, everything works fine and is included in new condition. The PO bought it new direct from SOS, he did not use it (sat unused). I bought it from him, it also sat unused in the same condition.

You are worrying about a sticker that has no significance. there is no warranty from anyone for this ECU, its 10+ years old. Everything works, everything shown in the pictures was included. It sounds like to me your tuner prefers to tune on a different setup or newer Infinity etc. and you have buyers remorse or something?

i believe just an AEM v2 bare for the NSX is like $1500 (if you can still buy this new even) and then you have to get a harness etc.

AEM: warranty: 12 months for original purchaser
https://www.aemelectronics.com/about-us/warranty-returns

SOS warranty: 1 year from date of purchase (as listed in the manual .pdf i sent you)

sorry man, i dont believe i have done anything wrong or tricked you.

I think his problem is that you solicited a fraudulent sale. Reading what you wrote and looking at all the pictures and writing I clearly see that you LIED something like this is inexcusable within a community of honest men and woman. We all take pride in our cars and work for our money. Lying to someone and then changing your story is a huge problem. Why don’t you see that?
He received a tampered with product and you obviously knew which is why you keep trying to point out why he’s mad about the sticker.

New/unused is an attempt to mislead especially reading now that you’re the second owner. There is obviously more to this story. I’m sorry but this is highly dishonest and someone in admin should intervene. This isn’t right.

I’m not understanding how you are not able to see the problem here. You left quite a bit off your sales ad, this supposedly sat on a shelf by previous owner for 7 years.

That’s definitely used. He has every right to be concerned about the sticker, it’s not just about voiding warranty it’s someone may have tampered with it. Your ad clearly says “New/unused” that’s clearly not new or unused even if it was not installed, that’s in poor condition even if it’s 10+ years old. Price is not relative if the sales ad is misleading.

We all know what the right move here is but it’s all up to you to make it right. If you can’t see the mislead here than there’s a bigger issue.

Last edited:
All I want is my money back at this time. I am not gonna let this slide. I can have the item delivered to your address I have, by a friend who lives in ATL, and you give him the money. or I can expedite it to you. Let me know as, this has gone to far, and I am not gonna loose my $1200. You decide how you want this to play out. Moderator would you please step in? Thanks.

Rk

Last edited:
Looks like you been having fun, with this brand new/unused never used, AemV2 ecu since 2018?

Attachments

• CDB184E0-0DAB-4A6B-BCC6-9D88871AE586.jpeg
    CDB184E0-0DAB-4A6B-BCC6-9D88871AE586.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
The ECU has never been installed in a car(new/not used), i bought it in 2018 from the PO as you see it here apparently he also did not use it (bought it new, sat it on a shelf)

I have never tampered with, opened this ECU, installed it in a car etc. its been sitting in that box since i bought it. When it left here it was functioning totally fine and im pretty sure the warranty sticker was only partially off but everything was in new/unused condition.

It's one thing if i claimed it in as new condition and everything had been installed/used/damaged/missing items.

its NOT. its all there, functioning, nothing has been used/on a car, all the parts/cables are there new, i didnt take off any warranty sticker but honestly i should have just to look inside (take pics of the board) the AEM since it doesnt matter anymore, the stickers have no significance now and there is no warranty on an item that has not been sold in YEARS. Even then it only applies to the original purchaser.

y'all are acting like i sold him a AEM and an ipod showed up. everything thats pictured in my ad showed up, functioning/complete.

Legit question here, if one of the 4 warranty stickers is missing wouldnt you have to remove the sticker on other side to actually open the ECU? (at least 2 stickers have to be off to even open the box from one side?). I think you are saying only one sticker is off?

Now im not sure what steps have been taken to power on the ECU, how it has been tested my your tuner, if it has ACTUALLY been tampered with, if its been fried, dropped, damaged idk now.

The email you sent me basically sounds like you have buyer remorse from buying from a private party instead of new from a retailer new with support. There is no support on this ecu from me as a private seller or the manufacturer because its 10+ years old. stickers or no stickers? thats why this 10 year old ecu is $1200 not $2600 like the current offering from SOS.

"that means the warranty will be void....that means i will not be able to send to SOS for any sort of warranty....I can get a brand new box for a couple hundred more with piece of mind".

I really dont think i ripped you off or have been dishonest. I reall
ort of warranty. I can get aw box for a couple hundred more aniee of mi

Last edited:
The ECU has never been installed in a car(new/not used), i bought it in 2018 from the PO as you see it here apparently he also did not use it (bought it new, sat it on a shelf)

I have never tampered with, opened this ECU, installed it in a car etc. its been sitting in that box since i bought it. When it left here it was functioning totally fine and im pretty sure the warranty sticker was only partially off but everything was in new/unused condition.

It's one thing if i claimed it in as new condition and everything had been installed/used/damaged/missing items.

its NOT. its all there, functioning, nothing has been used/on a car, all the parts/cables are there new, i didnt take off any warranty sticker but honestly i should have just to look inside (take pics of the board) the AEM since it doesnt matter anymore, the stickers have no significance now and there is no warranty on an item that has not been sold in YEARS. Even then it only applies to the original purchaser.

y'all are acting like i sold him a AEM and an ipod showed up. everything thats pictured in my ad showed up, functioning/complete.

Legit question here, if one of the 4 warranty stickers is missing wouldnt you have to remove the sticker on other side to actually open the ECU? (at least 2 stickers have to be off to even open the box from one side?). I think you are saying only one sticker is off?

Now im not sure what steps have been taken to power on the ECU, how it has been tested my your tuner, if it has ACTUALLY been tampered with, if its been fried, dropped, damaged idk now.

The email you sent me basically sounds like you have buyer remorse from buying from a private party instead of new from a retailer new with support. There is no support on this ecu from me as a private seller or the manufacturer because its 10+ years old. stickers or no stickers? thats why this 10 year old ecu is $1200 not $2600 like the current offering from SOS.

"that means the warranty will be void....that means i will not be able to send to SOS for any sort of warranty....I can get a brand new box for a couple hundred more with piece of mind".

I really dont think i ripped you off or have been dishonest. I reall

i

I reallThe sal on theear of the ecu is there but. That means the warranty will be void, if I ever need to send to to SOD for any sort of warranty. I can get a brand new box for a couple hundred more and piece of mind.

Your add said, brand new never used. My tuner said that the aem Ecu was open before. See the seal in the picture that is missing. The seal on the rear of the ecu is there but. That means the warranty will be void, if I ever need to send to to SOD for any sort of warranty. I can get aw box for a couple hundred more aniee of mi

How do you know this unit is functioning if you never tested it?

Lots of excuses by the Seller....it seems that his "Story" keep changing with every post.

The MOD's need to get in involved and help with a resolution.....we can't have this on Prime! This NOT Facebook

Bram

Last edited:
i just bench tested (12v power supply) and USB plugged into laptop and verfied the AEM suite would recognize it. There isnt much to test it, it either powers on and the suite recognizes it or it doesnt.

my "story" has never changed. read it again.

PO bought it new. never used/installed it. sold it to me (~2018) .I bench tested it i never used it/installed it.
stuck it in my basement till i decided i wanted to sell it. sold it in the exact same condition as pictured. it arrived in that same condition.

it functions perfectly fine. everything is included as new. its literally less than half price of what a current offer from a vendor is. You cannot even buy this kit "new" anymore.

the part that really blows my mind is the significance placed on the stickers. lets just assume that all the stickers are there.

its still 10+ years old, there is no warranty, even if there was it only applied to the original purchaser for 1 year from purchase date. If i had known all this i would have just taken off all the stickers and taken pics of the internal board in the sale ad. there is no warranty lol. there never will be. There never has been.

If this was a current Infinity system or something that is currently being sold/supported sure i could understand.

I bought this from the PO understanding all this. all i wanted was that it was totally functioning and complete. I thought this was understood here as well. If you wanted support/warranty etc you pay for it. thats why this was at a severly discounted price from what SOS currently offers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back