• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

SCOOP from Japan NSX-R GT!

SCOOP from Japan NSX-R GT! Now with Brochure

Guys ..
I just got this in the email hasn't been translated ..

so read and comment..

some things I picked price of nearly US$500K
If any1 can read japanese please enlighten..

Attachments

• nsxgt11.jpg
    nsxgt11.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 5,810
  • nsxgt22.jpg
    nsxgt22.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 5,546
Last edited:
Ok my sister can read a bit..

its meant to be a ltd edition road going version of the JGTC car..
with viewings starting on the 22nd ..

For sale at 50million Yen 4 x the type R through Honda...

I'm waiting for more pics in the next few days..

NSXBOX said:

If that is the case, probably won't come stateside :(

NSXBOX said:

Ok... One road going JGTC NSX

OR

Four NSX Type-R's.....

Tough decision.......

Some interesting info..

-----Translation--------------

Due to the fact that the NSX R GT is a race car based type:

1) lowered stanced induced by lower approach angle there is a possibility that the lower skirt may get damaged

2) There is no toe hook on this model

Please let customers know these two facts.

How to order

Currently all NSX orders are placed Via fax and handled through Honda CS Sales division. The SPECIAL LIMITED PRODUCTION NSX R GT (5 units) will be handled in the same way.

General public order time frame

2/22/05 9am to 3/22/05 19:00 pm

Producation start date

04M NSX R GT will start production in August.

-----------End of translation------------

Sounds like the same kinda thing Nissan did with their R390. Built a few so they could call it a production car and entered it into the GT race.

Any Engine info out there?

Why would we know nothing about this??? Surely there are some people in North America that would be interested in this awesome machine.

I still won't believe it until i see it.

I wonder how close this car will be with the JGTC cars... you know, it's around $500k USD. It's obviously too "cheap" if it's a close replica of JGTC cars with the full carbon fiber body, the race spec suspension, sequential...etc.

But if it's only showing some external wide body kits, special wing, and plastic hatch with the scoop... It is way too expensive, think about even the Carrera GT is less than that!!

It's Official!

Ok it is official...

The NSX-R GT Brochure...

- Only 5 units to be manufactured
- 50 million Yen each
- JGTC spec wide body
- Turbocharged engine (so probably around 500hp)

Enjoy the pics from the Japanese only brocure...

Attachments

• NSX-R GT 1.jpg
    NSX-R GT 1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 7,002
  • NSX-R GT 2.jpg
    NSX-R GT 2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6,642
  • NSX-R GT 3.jpg
    NSX-R GT 3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 7,089
WOW!!! :eek:

Too bad Honda only making 5! Although at this price its pretty expensive I would think that there would be more people that would want one!

AU_NSX where did you get this brochure?

Anyone getting one? Talk about the rarest NSX... :biggrin:

Too bad no left hand drive :)

A quick check of the current exchange rate says: $474,955.88 USD

I'm out! :wink:

I did some digging and even in Japan there doesn't seem to be any solid info about this car yet. There still a lot of debate about composition (all composite body panels? or a redressed type R?) and power plant (turbo? NA? 280ps? 500ps?)

Anyone have have a clear readable img of the Spec page of the NSX-R GT brochure?

Attachments

• FI1049949_3E.jpg
    FI1049949_3E.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,718
This looks very similar to what nissan just recently did with the 350Z over in japan. They needed to produce a Z-car that was very close to the look of the jgtc racecar I think because you need a production type car to compete I think?
The Z, which very few were made had a longer nose and longer rear bumper and some other stuff done as well I believe.

This makes me wonder if Toyota has been doing something similar with their Supra? Anyone know? But this is why I think we're seeing this NSX variation. I'm very very curious on engine specs though....

I think the price is clearly to make it not reachable to the public and make it very low volume.

whiteNSXs said:
Half a mil for that????!!!!! It looks like a Hot Wheels toy!! I would spend the $500k on a Carrera GT!
Steve

It will still be rarer than a Carrera GT though.... 5 only worldwide! :eek:

I wouldn't mind betting that this will be lighter and faster than both the Enzo and Carrera GT!

Does anyone remember the last limited edition NSX production run of 5 (I think) carbon fibre chassis NSX's developed for Le Mans??

AU_NSX said:
It will still be rarer than a Carrera GT though.... 5 only worldwide! :eek:

I wouldn't mind betting that this will be lighter and faster than both the Enzo and Carrera GT!

Does anyone remember the last limited edition NSX production run of 5 (I think) carbon fibre chassis NSX's developed for Le Mans??

It depends how much it weighs. With a 500HP turbo, it is still going to be 100+ HP shy of both the Enzo and Carrera GT. However, both of those cars weight 3100 lbs. If this is say 2400 lbs, it could be very sweet.

I can't believe they are only making 5!!! What about the US market?? Surely someone in the United States would buy that thing.

For that price it must have a full carbon fiber body. The body on the Saleen S7 costs 100K.

Back