• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sduff@Composites A+++ Great guy, Great carbonparts. Hard to decide which is better.

Would just like to post a review on my buying experience from Sduff@Composites.

I'm actually located way across the Pacific from most of you guys here, in Hong Kong and very close to most of the factories here in China. Yet despite that, I opted to pay an extra arm and leg for shipping all the way from the US to Hong Kong for his parts because they are that much better. I learnt the bad way with CF B Pillars and the CF Carbon Rear Vent garnish I had bought locally. Sduff prides his parts as full carbon and made in US. While I'm not as patriotic as I'm not even American, I can see the pride he takes in his work and appreciate it. And you know the parts are good when I rather go to him for the carbon parts rather than having them made locally and save hundreds on shipping and cheap labor here in China.

I purchased most of the interior trim from Sduff@Composites, Roof, A Pillars, Bulkhead, Center Speaker, Side Panels. It absolutely looks awesome. So awesome infact I'm very paranoid getting in and out of my car and not clanging the seatbelt buckle on the CF panels. I honestly can't find much fault with the weave or fitment. Yet I can still find 'fault' in my Craft Square GT mirrors with the weave getting 'stretched' at the sides. My car looks so updated and shiny, my oem seat looks dull and grey in comparison...

Lastly, communication with him was awesome as well despite my timezone being completely opposite of his, the guy actually downloaded a app to keep in contact with my as this would be more efficient than email (talk about service! lol). He kept me up-to-date on the progress of my order despite me not even requesting the updates. He went out of his way to quote on shipping for me a couple of times to check.

So in short, a great guy to deal with, great parts, and I made a friend in the process. He is passionate not just about his work but also about the NSX too. So I still keep bothering him from time to time about NSX things. ha. So yup, reach out to him if you want carbon stuff for your car!

16143040_10159873420130398_8867610546050845326_n.jpg

27867282_10159873420265398_3725046639672413202_n.jpg

Wow! Sweet interior.

Thanks man! I'm glad you're happy with the items. One of those items was modified and specially made to work with RHD. Car looks great too, love the Kevlar seat backing and it's a teaser for when I put my type r seats in when they are finally done.

I believe communication is key. I understand not everyone is on their phone as much as I am, but I think what I do should be standard, it's just good practice and common respect especially if you run a business. However it's ashamed that a lot of businesses I deal with on here don't have the same mind set.

People like you make me grow more because they enjoy the quality and actually know the difference. Rebranded Chinese parts that are plaguing the nsx community that we used to not even put on civics is common and I'm slowly changing that. That's my mission. One new part at a time.

+1

Stephen is the man. It all started with me getting in on his headliner and a/b pillar group buy and after seeing the quality of the parts I was amazed. They looked so much better than the other tinted carbon pieces I had. Since then I think I’ve ordered just about every other part he offers and I don’t regret it one bit. Just like anything, you get what you pay for and Stephens carbon parts are top notch. Plus he is so easy to communicate with and a really nice guy. Makes it easier to spend your money to support someone like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

Stephen is the man. It all started with me getting in on his headliner and a/b pillar group buy and after seeing the quality of the parts I was amazed. They looked so much better than the other tinted carbon pieces I had. Since then I think I’ve ordered just about every other part he offers and I don’t regret it one bit. Just like anything, you get what you pay for and Stephens carbon parts are top notch. Plus he is so easy to communicate with and a really nice guy. Makes it easier to spend your money to support someone like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man! Not always nice. Just sometimes haha

Wow that looks stunning! Thanks for the pics.

I can't really say I'm anti-China since it's now home to a lot of the most modern aerospace/composites/forging/machining facilities. And hey junk is made all over the world [emoji3]But anyway I picked up a few full carbon pieces from Sduff as well, and had nothing but good experiences. Quality + passion for the NSX. [emoji106]

+1

I also have interior pieces from Sduff@composites. Stephen is a great seller and contributor to the NSX. Stephen is really passionate about the products he makes. Keep up the great work!

-hass

Wow that looks stunning! Thanks for the pics.

I can't really say I'm anti-China since it's now home to a lot of the most modern aerospace/composites/forging/machining facilities. And hey junk is made all over the world [emoji3]But anyway I picked up a few full carbon pieces from Sduff as well, and had nothing but good experiences. Quality + passion for the NSX. [emoji106]

Agree, junk can be made all over. Example being Lithuania also haha. I’m anti fiberglass backing. It’s the cheapest, heaviest, and worst way to make a part and when you only have a few major factories in the aftermarket manufacturing community all parts are coming from the same factory and are subject to the same fates.

Was reading a magazine at work which spoke about how companies would actually send their molds over to China and sign contracts for them to produce parts “this was an injection molding example”. It caustioned people to be careful due to the laws not being very clear and also most the time the companies will actually keep your mold, “these are not cheap either, we have a mold that was roughly $800,000 at work”. But wait it gets better. The company will produce your parts, but will also use your mold and sell your parts as well!

That story stuck in my head because how many Nsx r wings have we had over the years? Probably 8 or so. And the only distinctive ones being downforces and procars. Makes you think.

Picture of not-so-good fitment (check the gap of fender/b-pillar), You guys in the US are lucky to have Sduff@Composites for CF and LHD parts!

27973831_10159893676200398_1084695802570680042_n.jpg

^^ Just to confirm the b-pillars above are not Sduff@Composites part. Coudnlt edit my post. I had a lot of other CF parts from all over to compare. This is why I posted this excellent review of his parts, his parts are really top-notch

28061446_10159883507595398_6625317751743457300_o.jpg

+1 for Stephen. I'm currently having issues with a different manufacturer (Do-Luck and a defective wing that I bought), and he offered his expert opinion on how to remedy it. It's not even his product and he's trying to help when the manufacturer flat-out denied any responsibility. That's some next-level service.

Back