• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seat Cushions for Tall Drivers??

Would like to take my car to the track 3-4 times during the summer. With a helmet on, the headroom is non-existent for someone six foot tall. It takes some of the fun out of it when you can't get comfortable. I see at Dali Racing they have replacement seat cushions that will lower the driver's position by 2 inches. Has anyone tried them and when your not at the track does the seating position still seem OK? Thanks for your help in advance.

There are threads here on this, I just can't remember what forum they're on. The concensus is that it's just what the doctor ordered for the track and also good on the street as well. I have your same problem but haven't done anything about it yet. Happy Mototring!

I've seen some people just remove the bottom cushion all together when they go to the track. You pick up a few inches of head room and get a nice bolster effect too. I'm going to try this as soon as my NSX comes out of hibernation.

I recommend the cushion just not the vendor. I have been using one for 7 years on the track but only on the track. I put the regular cushion back in for everyday driving. I had a second cushion for the passenger seat fabricated by a different vendor through another Prime member. I am 6'1" and find that I have just enough room now. Previously, I used to remove the head liner from the targa top in order to fit.

You should check if somebody is selling a used one on Prime but in the meantime I have sent a PM to the member who used a friend to fabricate my passenger side cushion to ask him if his vendor would still do one.

You should check if somebody is selling a used one on Prime but in the meantime I have sent a PM to the member who used a friend to fabricate my passenger side cushion to ask him if his vendor would still do one.

Please post pricing details if available. Thanks.

While some on Prime may have issues with Dali, I am NOT one of them. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of goods from them over the last 15 years and never had one bit of issue.... great parts, quick shipping, fast communication.

I have one of their leather-covered seat cushions that I just use on the track and it is great.

Just my $0.02

I've seen some people just remove the bottom cushion all together when they go to the track. You pick up a few inches of head room and get a nice bolster effect too. I'm going to try this as soon as my NSX comes out of hibernation.

Wait a minute here - what are you sitting on. Didn't know you could do that. How does the seat come out anyway? This is a new one on me Paul.

Im confused :confused: Im 6'1 also and I fit in my 96 NSX-T. Did acura give you more head room in early models? Maybe cause I lean back a little bit thats why I fit? LOL I only thought guys that are 6'4 or over had problems.

Wait a minute here - what are you sitting on. Didn't know you could do that. How does the seat come out anyway? This is a new one on me Paul.

The seat cushion comes right out and you can easily sit in there. I tried it when I was cleaning/reconditioning my seats. A lot of track NSXers said this was the cheap and easy way to gain head room and get some "ghetto" side bolsters. :D It feels like it would work well at the track, but I need to lose about 10 more lbs to fit comfortably! :cool:

The seat cushion comes right out and you can easily sit in there. I tried it when I was cleaning/reconditioning my seats. A lot of track NSXers said this was the cheap and easy way to gain head room and get some "ghetto" side bolsters. :D It feels like it would work well at the track, but I need to lose about 10 more lbs to fit comfortably! :cool:

I need to loose 10 pounds so I can fasten the seat belt easier - damn that hitch is difficult to feel down there.

Im confused :confused: Im 6'1 also and I fit in my 96 NSX-T. Did acura give you more head room in early models? Maybe cause I lean back a little bit thats why I fit? LOL I only thought guys that are 6'4 or over had problems.

It really depends on your torso to height ratio. If more of your height comes from your legs, then you may not have the same issue at 6'1".

Back