• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle Meet: August 28-29

Hey guys. Raymond, Gene, thanks for showing up at the last one!
Not as many cars came, due to such a short advance. Regardless, I'm pretty sure we all had a great time!

But I'm scheduling the next one further in advance so more people can mark their calenders.

I'm thinking of either Saturday, August 28th, or Sunday the 29th.
As we get closer and more people express which day is best for them, we will decide.

It will most likely be more of a local one. Something like a meet at Alki for pictures, then maybe the Ferry to Whidbey, with a drive down the island. Not positive, but again, we're open to all possibilities and suggestions, and will announce the final plan later.

But be sure to mark your calenders for the last weekend of August!!!!

Happy motoring,
Wy

I'm voting on Sunday.....

Ferry? I dunno, as long as i can make it onto it. You saw how low my front is.... LOL!

And this time, lets keep the triple & quadruple passings to a minimum, that stuff was getting a little nerve racking for me. LOL!

-Ray

Believe me, Ray, I was clutching the side handle and the OHSHIT bar on top tightly... Bet your @$$ I wasn't telling them to make those passes!!!

On the next meet, however, there will be more people, and in larger groups, people tend to slow down. We don't want to risk losing people, and few people are up to it. If there is a large turnout (or even if the place doesn't permit it), we'll stay a little slower.

I guess that ol' geezer at the Gas Station really got to ya! HAHA

What got to me was the my left hand being dyed red from gripping the sparco steering wheel so hard, took quite a while to scrub it out.

Met up with a girl afterwards, and she saw it and asked "so what have you been doing???" with a evil grin & a wink.

-Ray

It'll be Sunday the 29th.

We're meeting in the parking lot past Salty's on Alki at 10:30 AM.

It'll be a bigger meet, so we're not sure about the drive, but we'll hangout and grab lunch for sure.

Count me in....

I got my car back from the shop a couple of days ago and it has been on the road ever since:D
If the drive turns into a race on the public streets, I will drop out. I feel we as owners of these fine cars have a image to uphold and I would like to keep the respect of the locals.

Best wishes,
Gene

Sounds Like Fun

My calendar right now says I can finally attend one of these meets. It will be great to meet some local owners and Salty’s is a great place to start.

August 29th meet

Wyatt,

I have to report in for work by 2:15 in Bellevue. I plan to be there for the first part of the meet. Hope lunch isn't to late - I'd hate to miss out on that!

I expect to miss the drive. But I want to 2nd Gene's comment about public image. We have a great deal to be proud of with these cars. For me being proud of our local NSX community is a big part of that. The impact on our image really helps me damp it down when I get challenged or I'm just feeling a little to 'frisky". The thought of 2 or more NSX's seen abusing the rules of the road is a real downer for me. It takes so much to build a good image. And so little to destroy it.

What you both said is very true.
That last one DID become a race. As fun as it was, I can agree with you both.
For those purposes, we will most likely just meet and grab lunch.

The car in front does not know the pace, so he starts off a little quicker, or more spirited. Then, not wanting to be lost, the rest follows. The leader then speeds up more, and so on.

But I respect you both for taking pride in the image and exotic community.

Hope to see you both on the 29th.

I will be making reservations at Salty's sometime next week, so please let me know if you are bringing a friend or spouse!:D

Raymond,
I saw you this afternoon at 6:10 on Bridgeport between 35th and 40th. Before you reached Jack in the Box, Safeway, Albertsons, etc...
I was going the other way across the median towards 6th Ave and the bridge and yelled RAYMOND!!! from a Black C43 AMG, but I doubt you heard it, hahaha.

Anyways, glad your car still looks SWEET!!!

Ah...... i was just getting back from the Belfair area, and decided to cut through University Place to get to lakewood, instead of taking I-5.

Hehehehe, I had the stereo going, between that and the exhaust...... :p

You should of high beamed me, would of caught my attention.

See you at Salty's.

-Ray

Haha, it was daylight! Highbeams wouldn't have done anything.

Funny thing, I live in University Place. Yep, see ya at Salty's.

I called Salty's today. All 3 private rooms are full on the 29th. On top of that, their dining room will only fit 50 people at 8:00 AM or something.

So, we'll caravan over the WS Bridge, up I-5, and over I-90 to Bellevue Square. This will also provide somewhat of a drive together. The Cheesecake Factory only takes reservations in their first half hour of opening...

So, I made reservations at Pallino Pastaria. I've never heard of it before, but I found it on bellevuesquare.com. They have soups, pastas, pizzas, and salads... So I figured it'd be okay for everyone. I don't know if their food is exceptional or not, though. If I scrued up on this one, sorry guys...

However, above Crate and Barrell is a very nice parking level which provides excellent pictures as well (I've seen other meets take place there), so hopefull everything works out. We'll see.

The reservation is for Sunday the 29th, between 1:00-1:30. Right now I said 50 people, but I can modify it as we get closer.

August 29th

So are we still meeting @ the parking lot north of Salty's around 10:30? Then maybe we head for Bel Square around 12:00 - 12:30?

I'm not so sure about the parking garage above Crate & Barrel as a photo setting unless it is out in the open on the roof. The parking lot north of Saltys may be better. If both are good so much the better.

Pallino Pastaria

there's a very unique "fast italian food", they have pretty good pasta imo... their first store in WA was in U village, then they opened one in kirkland and Issaquah, then Bellevue...

anyway, it's more like a fast food place, that means you pay, wait for the food and drink, then you carry 'em back... they don't have waiteress or buss boys...
I particularly like that they have the open kichen and they cook the pasta in front of you.

They also don't have their own parking lot at Bell. Square. So if you guys want to meet up, you have to specify which parking lot and what floor, etc.

I'm not sure if I can show up yet, but I'll try.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm in Newport, RI right now.

I'm trying to get somebody in the area to make reservations at a nicer place in either Seattle or Bellevue that has adequate parking. If they do, I will cancel the Pasta place.

We are still meeting past Salty's at 10:30. Wherever we go, we will drive together. If we eat at Bell Square, we will park on top, on the open floor.

I can't do much from here as far as the reservation goes, because this is my only time on the internet, I think.
We'll see how this goes, though.

Parking might be a bitch, but we're eating at the Cucina! Cucina! on Lake Union.
At late lunch hour, it might not be too busy, also considering we're taking up most of the restaurant. Reservation is for 1:00, 50 people.

SEATTLE
Chandler's Cove, Lake Union
Call: 206-447-2782
Fax: 206-223-9372
901 Fairview Ave N

Conflicted again!

There must be some dark force at work here, because I'm never able to hitch up with you folks at these events... I shall be at the track with the BMW club on Sunday! :eek:

Keith

'97 NSX-T et al.

Hi Wyatt as i have to go to both events i need to see first whether i'll be able to stay for lunch. But i'll definitely be there. So, are we meeting straight at Cucina! Cucina! ?

Thanks

Back