• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Seattle - Vote for the fate of future meets

Vote for the future of Pacific NW region meets.

• Keep the Clam Jumper meet Alive!

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Meet at weekday evening once per month (Different location monthly)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meet at weekday evening once per month (Same location monthly)

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Meet at weekend evening once per month (Different location monthly)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Meet at weekend evening once per month (Same location monthly)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Meet at Zahntech for BBQ monthly :biggrin:

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
Hello

For the past 3-4 months we had very limited turn out at the Clam jumper meet due to serveral reasons, (July 4th, Blue angel, Labor day). And also the fact that the time of this meet simply wouldn't fit in with most member's schedule. I've also heard that Florin (original clam jumper organizer) will not particpate in future meets because they just had their 2nd child.(Congratulation:biggrin: )

The best turn out at clam jumper meet was last year with 12 cars.

This year's best turn out probably is the mid-month meet at Newcastle golf course. However, having a meet on Saturday evening has its difficulty too.(getting members to commit and show up in order to make reservation at the restaurant.)

Anyway, Please feel free to express your opinions on the direction we should be heading for our future meets.

The Audi guys meet every wednesday at the same German bar in Seattle....no matter what.

Now, I don't think we have enough people to have weekly meets...nor would I want to see you guys that much :wink: , but I can see the pro's of having it at a set time/date every month.

The days are going to be getting pretty short here soon, might want to consider meeting in a parking garage, like in Lincoln Tower (Bellevue) and then having a beer/food at one of the restaurants in there...same location, different possibilities for food each time, and the cars are safe and out of the weather, so we can actually look at them if we want to.

If you pick mid or early week evening you shouldn't have much trouble having the place to yourself. Weekends work too, I think we just had some bad luck...maybe the 1st Sat of the month should instead be the last? I don't know if that takes care of all the holiday stuff...probably doesn't.

Just some thoughts. And btw- I'm moving to West Seattle, so I just threw Lincoln tower out there because I know where it is...there's probably other places like that.

P.S. John your car looked great in the NSXCA mag!

DrVolkl said:
The Audi guys meet every wednesday at the same German bar in Seattle....no matter what.

Now, I don't think we have enough people to have weekly meets...nor would I want to see you guys that much :wink: , but I can see the pro's of having it at a set time/date every month.

The days are going to be getting pretty short here soon, might want to consider meeting in a parking garage, like in Lincoln Tower (Bellevue) and then having a beer/food at one of the restaurants in there...same location, different possibilities for food each time, and the cars are safe and out of the weather, so we can actually look at them if we want to.

If you pick mid or early week evening you shouldn't have much trouble having the place to yourself. Weekends work too, I think we just had some bad luck...maybe the 1st Sat of the month should instead be the last? I don't know if that takes care of all the holiday stuff...probably doesn't.

Just some thoughts. And btw- I'm moving to West Seattle, so I just threw Lincoln tower out there because I know where it is...there's probably other places like that.

P.S. John your car looked great in the NSXCA mag!

I vote for the BBQ at John's pad, of course.. that is assuming him and his wife can put up with us that often. As far as the mag, I haven't even seen it.. you'll have to bring it sometime.

I am cool with having meets here, however there is not much comfort here as far as seating and then food is another issue,,the weather is going to be less agreeable soon so I would suggest we choose a time that is best for most people and if a new place is needed than we change that too.

Friday nights are best for me..somewhere on the eastside?

zahntech said:
I am cool with having meets here, however there is not much comfort here as far as seating and then food is another issue,,the weather is going to be less agreeable soon so I would suggest we choose a time that is best for most people and if a new place is needed than we change that too.

Good points. Perhaps we could retain the monthly meeting, but move its time and location? Consistency is good, but clearly one of the issues has been that a few work over the weekend, a few don't like to get out of bed, and our NW weather usually just sucks. I'll leave it to you guys to account for those variables in the revised NW schedule we have been all discussing.

zahntech said:
Friday nights are best for me..somewhere on the eastside?

Ooh, John you know I don't know about Friday nights, not being married like so many of our NW members.. I can tell you first hand that it can be really hard to cut loose from all of those down town VIP parties. :biggrin:

I think indoor garage would be nice, But I can't think of anywhere that has free indoor parking besides Bellevue Square. (Does Lincoln tower charges?)

Another location I'm thinking would be outside the QFC in Factoria. Where There are different restaurant so we don't have to stick with the same menu month after month. (Keg's, AppleBee, Starbucks, sports bar, chinese and japanese.)
The location doesn't have to be at Eastside, I actually think Seattle would be the best location but I couldn't think of anywhere close by that has enough parking spots. (maybe except Krispy Kreme)

I too agree with DrVolkl prehaps weekday evening would be the best. Most people seems to have plans for the weekend.

Does anyone belong to the original mailing list? Would love to hear ideas from Al and Jen since they are always at the calm jumpers meet.

I have been waiting to comment, but John, John Z, Dean, Eric and Ken, you guys all come to the meet regularly and checking this forum often. (ok, I should include Brian and Dan too.) My concern is from time to time, we have seen a lot other nsx owners that some don't participate in nsxprime at all. (Keep in mind there's less than 50% of Claim jumper crew check in nsxprime.)

What is the best way to communicate with them? or even spreading the new locations and meet time out to everybody? I knew that Dean was thinking about a web site, or even asking prime to separate us from the California region. Another thought is to have someone keeping an email list. I thought we started it with Ron but somehow we haven't moved forward after the BBQ last year.

If we are not aiming to make the meet bigger and better with more nsx owners... that would be easy, like in the past months, we just need to post up here and I'll see you guys.

Some of the Claim Jumper issue is , the monthy email no longer goes out .
(I do have it ?) I agree most the folks through the claim jumper email do not tag along through Prime...

I think a web site for our area sounds good , DrVolk speaks of a set time , place , ect ,I think thats a good idea , additionally how about a uniform place for all of us to get info, such as meets , shows ect ..ie web site:cool:

maybe prime would allow us to get our own regional message forum ?

my2c

K

Just weighing in on the discussion:
It would be great to have a Seattle or Washington only regional forum. Would NSX Prime be able to do this for us?

As to the monthly get-together, Al's and my schedules are so different from most of the rest of the group: Al's is too complex to describe, but has every other weekend off, so it was hit or miss at Claim Jumper, anyway, but he usually made it there for a short time to visit....and get lunch to go! I get off M-F at 8:30pm, downtown Seattle. So, whatever the group decides, hopefully we can get to some of the events! We'll watch NSX Prime to see how it falls into place. Haven't voted, but Al might.

(I promise to work on a more interesting photo-thing like the rest of you have!)

Jan D said:
It would be great to have a Seattle or Washington only regional forum. Would NSX Prime be able to do this for us?

As to the monthly get-together, Al's and my schedules are so different from most of the rest of the group: Al's is too complex to describe, but has every other weekend off, so it was hit or miss at Claim Jumper, anyway, but he usually made it there for a short time to visit....and get lunch to go! I get off M-F at 8:30pm, downtown Seattle. So, whatever the group decides, hopefully we can get to some of the events! We'll watch NSX Prime to see how it falls into place. Haven't voted, but Al might.

(I promise to work on a more interesting photo-thing like the rest of you have!)

A big welcome to Jan!! :biggrin: Please check back with us at nsxprime often!!

Jan D said:

That's funny...I've been thinking that from the start. California should not be lumped in with the PacNW...they probably have more NSX's than half the country. I don't even bother reading the "sightings" thread anymore, since it's all cali people.

Lets get a PacNW section going...no reason not to.

On another note, the 1st Saturday is going to be next week...what's the plan?

DrVolkl said:
That's funny...I've been thinking that from the start. California should not be lumped in with the PacNW...they probably have more NSX's than half the country. I don't even bother reading the "sightings" thread anymore, since it's all cali people.

Lets get a PacNW section going...no reason not to.

On another note, the 1st Saturday is going to be next week...what's the plan?

The prime regional forums are modeled after the NSXCA regions, which have proven over time to be overly reaching, slightly counter intuitive, and entirely irrelevant since as you pointed out- CA and FL have more NSX's than likely the rest of the country combined.

Since in practice most of the NW forum is dominated by the cali guys, it might be best to see if we could have a forum here or elsewhere personalized for the pacific northwest region and Canada.

Alot of clubs maintain PNW forums for the various clubs we could borrow. Out of all of them... probably the S2KI PNW forums would go unnoticed if we decided to lean in that direction, prime is slowly dying anyway.

John@Microsoft said:
The prime regional forums are modeled after the NSXCA regions, which have proven over time to be overly reaching, slightly counter intuitive, and entirely irrelevant since as you pointed out- CA and FL have more NSX's than likely the rest of the country combined.

Since in practice most of the NW forum is dominated by the cali guys, it might be best to see if we could have a forum here or elsewhere personalized for the pacific northwest region and Canada.

Alot of clubs maintain PNW forums for the various clubs we could borrow. Out of all of them... probably the S2KI PNW forums would go unnoticed if we decided to lean in that direction, prime is slowly dying anyway.

Yeah, I would say all the other forums I frequent have a NW section...and that usually only includes OR, WA and B.C....maybe Idaho.
I read your article John...good stuff.
Is prime really dying? damn shame. Time to get that new R8. hahaha

DrVolkl said:

i think we should meet somewhere once a month at a place that celebrates the origin of our fine car..... how about toyoda sushi on lake city way? or another sushi place on the seattle or eastside? also, is someone taking over the monthly email list. just my $.02, any thoughts from you people about a japanese themed mtg place? day, time to be chosen after the mtg place is picked.

i also like john's idea to meet at zahntech, how about an open wrench night to boost attendance? (sign up sheet to reserve a lift or just jackstand it for oil changes etc). We can work on our fine cars with a beer and wrench in each hand (i'll bring the powdered donuts).

One of things that we did for the Sacramento Region was to set up a mail list/forum in Yahoo Groups. It can be set up either as a log in forum like Prime and/or as a mail type list.

If you want help in setting this up, let me know. Using Yahoo adds advertisements to the messages, bu tthe up side is that you don't need to worry about managing a server. There are other advertising based mail lists out there as well if you don't like Yahoo.

Tom Kohrs
NW Regional Rep
NSXCA

The S2ki guys have had a very successful and long running tradition of meeting at Ateca Taco Tuesdays. It has cheap food that keeps people coming over and over again and people seem to find to show up after a hard days work.

Weekends worked very poorly for me since I always had some sort of race that weekend.

Even though I am not in the area anymore I won't be able to attend any meetings, but that doesn't mean that I can't talk to you, right?

I have a 2006 RL and will be modding my car soon (a-spec suspension and wheels), then some intake and exhaust. I am very interested in NSX's. So, do you guys welcome any non-nsxers?

Nelson
Bellevue, WA

I think we should do a clam jumper meet this weekend.
For those who voted to keep the clam jumpers meet, you better show up :tongue:

Back