• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Sept 15th: Hanson Lapping Day! (Great for Beginners!) Mini NSXpo.ca?

Red

Legendary Member
There's a Hanson day at Mosport's Driver Development track on Friday Sept 15th.

The DDT is an excellent track for those of us who have...lets say less than serious track experience (but I'm sure you're all GREAT drivers - probably better than me!)

I will have had almost 20 track days this year and I'll still be going to the DDT, its a great, safe, easy on your car track where you can have fun.

Peter Hanson and his equally famous father Derrick (who is head instructor for Ferrari, BMW and SAAB) run an excellent school where you can expect to be in your car with a seasoned instructor the whole time. If you take it easy you will learn so much about how your awsome car handles and to quote Sean, "You don't have any idea how good an NSX is until you take it on the track"

I vote we get a contingent together (I know Dave and I will be there - we always go to Peter's events) and make it into a NSX event! We can do a dinner the night of and, for all the out of towners a breakfast the next day and possibly a dinner the night before at a hotel near the track - I'll come for that too!

I would be happy to host a Saturday afternoon something as well!

All you need is the paperwork (email me for it!) and a helmet (either motorcycle or car)

I promise nobody will push you except yourself, it'll be a laid back day of learning what your car can do and having fun. (note: beginners start with a classroom session, its not a drop into the deepend experience, call me for more if you're waffeling)

Stu
416 258-8527

Last edited:
I would love to go, but as it stands I'm working. See what I can do...

swbatte said:
I would love to go, but as it stands I'm working. See what I can do...

Never let work get in the way of driving fast!

(I don't!):wink:

Hi
Just wondering if I can get more details, Is it possible to lap and not be a part of the school? What is the cost. Very interested gotta love the DDT. Lastly are other cars allowed at the event. i.e S2K :smile:
John

Kouki Monster said:
Hi
Just wondering if I can get more details, Is it possible to lap and not be a part of the school? What is the cost. Very interested gotta love the DDT. Lastly are other cars allowed at the event. i.e S2K :smile:
John

All types of cars are welcome!
If you're experienced you can be signed off, no prob, but you may want one of the instructors since they are awesome.

Send me an email (using the drop down where my name is) and I'll fire you off the registration info, its $260 for the day including lunch.

S2Ks are BUILT for the DDT, last time there were around six of them if I recall (also, an awesome track for a Mini:wink:)

Kouki Monster said:
Red
Is it $260 if you do not attend the school?
John

For you the "School" is free, $260 is for the track:wink:

For those requiring the school, it costs $260 and the track time is free:wink: :rolleyes:

Kouki Monster said:
A couple more questions, how many cars and what is the time frame?
Thanks
John

Not sure I understand your questions - Call me, I'll provide more details

416 258-8527 Stu

Daria said:
Stu,
How can you call it a Mini NSXpo when you're drivng the P car? :confused:
Bring the NSX and I will sign up too. :wink:

Yeah, I know, its a con, you'll chicken out and bring the BMW and I'll be there in my NSX and you'll finally be able to pass me...:wink:

I'm going to try to bring Tsvet - but I think Anne-Marie has other plans for him!

You going to BMW school this weekend? Or did Raven forget to install your blinkies?

I'm considering this... still on the fence.

Not sure I want to bring my heavy 17/18 wheels and completly wear down my street tires... my 15/16 rear left has a huge flat spot (down to the belts)... and I don't have a helmet...

Will there be another one before end of season or is this the last one?

lithiumus said:
I'm considering this... still on the fence.

Not sure I want to bring my heavy 17/18 wheels and completly wear down my street tires... my 15/16 rear left has a huge flat spot (down to the belts)... and I don't have a helmet...

Will there be another one before end of season or is this the last one?

You won't wear down street tires in one day on the DDT its a very mild track on the equipment - there will be some spare helmets, a motorcycle helmet is ok too - also, you could try to find two used 16" tires call me and I'll tell you a few places to look.

BioBanker said:
EDIT: Ooops, cant.

Dave originally offered you his old helmet, but then he remembered that fireman's helmets don't count!

Red said:
.... also, you could try to find two used 16" tires call me and I'll tell you a few places to look.

Since I got my BMW track car, I have retired my NSX (from the track). I currently have 5 sets of 15" + 16" OEM wheels, with a garage full of rubber (and I'm not referring to the Trojans that RED puts on).

I can always hook you up with some. Let me know.
Daria

Daria said:
Since I got my BMW track car, I have retired my NSX (from the track). I currently have 5 sets of 15" + 16" OEM wheels, with a garage full of rubber (and I'm not referring to the Trojans that RED puts on).

I can always hook you up with some. Let me know.
Daria

So Garrick, you're set! C'mon out! Play with us!

R0Y said:
dam.... I would love to go but I got to work friday :frown:
Dude! Why do you think they invented the sick day?:biggrin:

Explain to your co-workers that you need to go in for some tests because you may have this problem*

*Tests of your driving abilities, and the porblem is that you are addicted to cars!:wink:

Since it is a type of school lapping, do you think the guys in charge would mind if i came to watch? haven't been to 1 nsx event and this one is pretty much in my backyard. thanks

JorjeM said:
Since it is a type of school lapping, do you think the guys in charge would mind if i came to watch? haven't been to 1 nsx event and this one is pretty much in my backyard. thanks

Of course you can come and watch, (I believe there is an option to pay about $15 and get lunch - email me for the forms)

But you should come and DRIVE you don't need an NSX, anything is fun, as long as its not an SUV!:wink:

JorjeM said:
lol sounds good, im going to see what i can do, il pm you in a bit, thanks!

Email me (use link where PM option is) I'll get it faster!

You're running out of time dude!

Back