• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shanghai... Anyone? Anyone?

Just wondering if there are fellow primers here in China or in Shanghai...

I'm here for work for a bit and am curious to know if there are primers here and also if anyone has an nsx here in china/shanghai?

Yeah the auto show is a big thing here... I was lucky enough to get a pass one media so it wasn't as crowded, but i heard that they have 80,000 people a day at the show and on the weekend the crowds get to 100,000 people. It's just nuts!!!

Hate to jump into this thread so late, but I may be relocating to Suzhou at the end of this year or beginning of 2010 for work. I will be DYING for some car folks to meet - Suzhou or Shanghai.

Anyone hit me up - anytime!

Just wondering if there are fellow primers here in China or in Shanghai...

I'm here for work for a bit and am curious to know if there are primers here and also if anyone has an nsx here in china/shanghai?

Hate to jump into this thread so late, but I may be relocating to Suzhou at the end of this year or beginning of 2010 for work. I will be DYING for some car folks to meet - Suzhou or Shanghai.

Anyone hit me up - anytime!

U might be too busy immersing with the local gals there............

Better yet...sportscar gals!

I was suprised at how many Porsche cars(mostly the suv's) that I encountered while in Suzhou. Shanghai had more variety...but still, I have never encountered an NSX in person anywhere in China, or even Japan for that matter:mad:

I know they're out there somewhere!

U might be too busy immersing with the local gals there............

Better yet...sportscar gals!

I was suprised at how many Porsche cars(mostly the suv's) that I encountered while in Suzhou. Shanghai had more variety...but still, I have never encountered an NSX in person anywhere in China, or even Japan for that matter:mad:

I know they're out there somewhere!

U won't see old cars in China.

Simply not legal from what I heard from various FOB friends from there.

U won't see old cars in China.

Simply not legal from what I heard from various FOB friends from there.

On another note, are there HPDEs at the Shanghai track? Isn't Shanghai host to the largest Porsche Club? I am curious because I just did a PCA driver's ed weekend event in the NSX and had the greatest time of my life!

Sweet!

Where in China are you located? I am in the Zhouzhuang suburbs of Suzhou, where we are building our new headquarters and tech facility. Basically in between the city centers of Shanghai and Suzhou.

I am moving to Shanghai from Hong Kong around November. We'll have to meetup when I get settled.

giftedg -

Keep me posted when you relocate to Shanghai and get settled. We may need to meet up one weekend.

Cheers!

Hey, I spend a lot of time in SH these days. Let me know when you are in town from Suzhou.

Curious.

How did u guys get the NSX in China to begin with?

I didn't, I left the NSX back in the US. :tongue:

I don't think it's something you can really enjoy here, because you will be in constant fear of something happening to it, and when you are out and about, you basically can't let the car outside your immediate field of view.

And, most places you can live don't have truly secure (private) parking.

That said, anything is possible in China if you know the right people (and that usually involves money as well).

Sweet!

Where in China are you located? I am in the Zhouzhuang suburbs of Suzhou, where we are building our new headquarters and tech facility. Basically in between the city centers of Shanghai and Suzhou.

Wow I haven't logged in forever, sorry for the super late reply lol!
I am located right inside Shanghai, I live and work here!
Be happy to meet up with a fellow NSX enthusiast!

I didn't, I left the NSX back in the US. :tongue:

I don't think it's something you can really enjoy here, because you will be in constant fear of something happening to it, and when you are out and about, you basically can't let the car outside your immediate field of view.

And, most places you can live don't have truly secure (private) parking.

That said, anything is possible in China if you know the right people (and that usually involves money as well).

My house is a nice and secure parking spot. =)
And very true to that last comment. ;)

Wow I haven't logged in forever, sorry for the super late reply lol!
I am located right inside Shanghai, I live and work here!
Be happy to meet up with a fellow NSX enthusiast!

Hayato and I meet up regularly. We'd love to have a 3rd!

Actually, giftedg is here now too, and I meet up with him all the time as well. We should get him out - that would make 4 of us...

Last edited:
Guys prime user BEN lives in shanghai look him up

Back