• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What should timing belt / valve adjust service cost?

Of course! I also get the liability aspect if I got cheap products and they fail and then I blame the installation.

It all contributes to the high prices around me. Luckily the dealership was cheaper than the indie shops and they have a dedicated nsx mechanic
I mean, I get it if they are used parts or from Ebay or something, but BNIB Honda parts should be fine. I was *this* close to starting to formally service NSX cars for owners and even had a full service contract written up (I'm a lawyer after all lol). I was going to honor the Honda warranties. I would have made you sig something else if you insisted on installing a non-OEM part. :) But, I decided I didn't want the hassle of difficult customers.

curious what the common practice is to "drop" the motor, drop or lift off of the engine bay? does the AC need to be recharged afterward? what other recommended parts to replace while the motor is out? I imagine all 4 the axle boots, clutch slave and perhaps even the clutch?

curious what the common practice is to "drop" the motor, drop or lift off of the engine bay? does the AC need to be recharged afterward? what other recommended parts to replace while the motor is out? I imagine all 4 the axle boots, clutch slave and perhaps even the clutch?
Most common is to remove the entire rear sub assembly and put it on a cart. You lift the car off of the subframe and roll it out. The engine will not come out of the top. No one disconnects the A/C unless an A/C overhaul is being performed at the same time. You leave the compressor connected and remove it from the engine block, hanging it safely off of the car to prevent stress on the lines.

Back