• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ship NSX to San Francisco ~HELP~

I have an NSX in Vancouver, Canada; and now I live in San Francisco. I wonder if I want to ship my car here, is it difficult? or expensive?

And does anyone know any good auto-shipping comapany? :confused:

monarch_kiss said:
I have an NSX in Vancouver, Canada; and now I live in San Francisco. I wonder if I want to ship my car here, is it difficult? or expensive?

And does anyone know any good auto-shipping comapany? :confused:

Just drive it down, much easier... 14 hours. One day job. Save you about 700 bucks.

Vance

It is a North American Market Vehicle, I'm sure it's do able, you do have to change the speedo, which cost around 2 grand....

Vance

Vancehu said:
Just drive it down, much easier... 14 hours. One day job. Save you about 700 bucks.

Vance
14 hrs? I don't think so....
It's a 1000 miles - plus border etc to deal with, as well as getting through the Seattle & Portland metroplexes; potty/rest/food breaks etc.
I'm not saying not to consider driving - just be more realistic on the time required.

Is vancounver right across Seattle?

If so, i've done from SF leaving @ 1am and arriving to downtown seattle @ 11:30. :biggrin:
So 11-12 hours should be sufficient! I'd drive it again! The scenary was great! Clean air! Plenty of open space to stretch out her legs!

I've inquired before also for shipping, ranges from 600-1200, depending on how soon u need it & what your preference is, covered or open carrier. If you have the time, do it, the most you'll spend in gas is probably 150-200!

Good LUCK & WELCOME TO SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA!! PM me when u get to town so we can show u around & introduce to the bay area group!

RAVN NSX said:
Is vancounver right across Seattle?

If so, i've done from SF leaving @ 1am and arriving to downtown seattle @ 11:30. :biggrin:
So 11-12 hours should be sufficient! I'd drive it again! The scenary was great! Clean air! Plenty of open space to stretch out her legs!

I've inquired before also for shipping, ranges from 600-1200, depending on how soon u need it & what your preference is, covered or open carrier. If you have the time, do it, the most you'll spend in gas is probably 150-200!

Good LUCK & WELCOME TO SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA!! PM me when u get to town so we can show u around & introduce to the bay area group!

Rey, Come on, we all know you don't speed, right? :tongue:

Simple Math telling me that avg. 80mph * 10 hrs = 800miles.

1000miles/80mph = 12.5 hrs. This is not including the pit stop for fueling up.

Not to mention that I won't see more than 23mpg when you were doing 80 mph avg. run. So it should take you at least 2 fuel stops.

I really do trying to understand how you archieve 1000 miles / 9 hrs = avg. 111.11mph. WITHOUT tickets :eek: Amazing.

Easy, in California I was supposedly doing an average of 90-100mph, then supposedly was doing 120-150mph a good certain portion of Oregon & Washington cuz my driving record there are clean and knowing that their laws of going over 100mph aren't as crazy as California! :biggrin: and having a radar dectector helped out immensely! :wink:
Remember i left @ 1 am! When there's hardly anyone on the road!

RE the question about tags - if California is anything like Texas, all you have to do is buy a temporary tag that's good for one month. Buy it in Ca before you leave to get the car.
They usually have ten day tags, and two week tags as well, and all are relatively inexpensive.
As far as shipping - make sure you find a company that you have references for, and not just any company. I've had some bad experiences with major shippers.
Good luck and enjoy!
Zap

Just say your coming down here for the weekend.....

are you canadian or us citizen or duel ?

Anyways, you can drive it across the boarder and once your here you can take care of all the paper works. Canada plates is ok here in the USA. How are they suppose to know your have been down here for less then 30 days?

If you have a Canada lisense you can even avoid tickets if you get any. Just hand then your Ca liscence.

D'Ecosse said:
14 hrs? I don't think so....
It's a 1000 miles

Bay Area to NSXPO Phoenix was just about 800 miles exactly -- and I could have easily gone another 200. The NSX is a wonderful long distance cruiser.

Just to clarify Flaminio, I wasn't suggesting 1000 miles was too far to drive (in NSX or anything else for that matter) - I was saying that 14 hours was unrealistic (for most)

D'Ecosse said:
Just to clarify Flaminio, I wasn't suggesting 1000 miles was too far to drive (in NSX or anything else for that matter) - I was saying that 14 hours was unrealistic (for most)

Ah, gotcha. Yes, that makes sense. 14 hours would indeed be tough.

FWIW, I made the drive back from Phoenix in 11 hours exactly, or an average of 72.7 mph (including gas, lunch, and potty stops).

1000 miles in 14 hours would be an average of 71.4 mph. I think I could do it :D ...

Oh, and if any CHP types are reading this post -- it's a complete fabrication ;).

flaminio said:
Ah, gotcha. Yes, that makes sense. 14 hours would indeed be tough.

FWIW, I made the drive back from Phoenix in 11 hours exactly, or an average of 72.7 mph (including gas, lunch, and potty stops).

1000 miles in 14 hours would be an average of 71.4 mph. I think I could do it :D ...

Oh, and if any CHP types are reading this post -- it's a complete fabrication ;).

Well, I drove to Seattle from Orange County (Disneyland) in 18 hours, and back in 20. You need to be careful in Oregon, a radar detector will be really helpful, since the highway patrol uses that to gave out tickets, and most of the speed limit through Oregon are 65. It's a great drive in a NSX, from Meford through Shasta County.

Back