• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shortie Shifter

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with the Dali shortie shifter? The stock NSX shifter is a little high for my taste. Thinking about putting this in, wanted to hear the group opinion. Is this the way to go, or am I crazy and should just get a small gear shift knob.

Here's the link. Check it out. http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/toys/shorty_shifter.cfm?focus=541

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

I spent a bunch of time with it. I did not like it, found it very unsafe, and uncomfortable to drive. That being said, it was one of Mark's first sales of the shortie shifter. Ask Mark if CA's (he'll know who I'm talking about) had a shorter than standard shifter, I have a feeling Mark may have increased the length of the shaft of the shifter.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

BTW, the picture in Enrique's car looks a lot taller than the unit I drove. FWIW, the unit I used was using the stock shift knob.

-- Chris

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

Originally posted by BlackMonster:
Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with the Dali shortie shifter?

I don't know about Dali's shortie shifter, but I have the Grupple M and it is tiny. Dali also sells the Grupple M, I am talking about really tiny, check it out.

Originally posted by ScienceofSpeed:
I spent a bunch of time with it. I did not like it, found it very unsafe, and uncomfortable to drive. That being said, it was one of Mark's first sales of the shortie shifter. Ask Mark if CA's (he'll know who I'm talking about) had a shorter than standard shifter, I have a feeling Mark may have increased the length of the shaft of the shifter.

-- Chris

All of them are cut the same length, ~ 1.5 inches shorter than OEM. However, the FINISHED length (and especially how it looks) will vary depending upon your choice of knob, and how you hold it. If you grab the top of the knob (palm on the top) and pull it back and push it forward, it shifts perfectly fine (to me at least I've had one for a year or two) but if you get the shortie shifter together with a mini knob and hold it on the side like a ski pole handle and try and "bend" it back and forth, it will be *very* hard to shift as you have no leverage anymore.

Obviously, it is not meant for everyone, just like every other mod for the NSX.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back