• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Six NSX-R's in New Mexico!

The "Road Runners" of the NSX Club of New Mexico are pleased to announce we have six NSX-R's. Here's the story...

After much planning by our club's Activity Committee (Yes, we have an activity committee.), Bobbie, Chris, Don, Drew, Randy, and I drove from Albuquerque to Trinity Site located in White Sands Missile Range in southern NM. In case you don't remember, Trinity Site is where the US detonated the world's first nuclear bomb in July, 1945. We parked our NSX's about 50 yards from ground zero, and we toured this famous place. We stayed just long enough to soak up some radiation and appreciate the significance of what happened here. By now you should be able to guess why I say there are six NSX-R's here :wink:

From Trinity Site we traveled west to the Very Large Array Radio Telescope near Magdalena where our new NSX-R's created quite a stir when our radioactivity was detected long before our arrival. :wink: The VLA radio telescope is capable of creating an effective telescope diameter of 22 miles, and it's a very interesting place.

Now, our club may be small, but can any other club boast it has six NSX-"Radioactive" cars?

Philippe

PS: I am only kidding; our cars are not radioactive. But if you get the chance to visit these two places they are very interesting. (And the scenery is beautiful, too.) For us, it was another great club event.

Attachments

• TrinitySite.jpg
    TrinitySite.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 156
  • VLA.jpg
    VLA.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 176
No pictures!?

Here ya go: My NSX may not be radioactive, but it is Green. (Seems to be brighter today though!)

The obelisk at Trinity site sits at exact ground zero. When it was exploded, the bomb sat on a steel tower 100 feet off the desert floor. The explosion created a depression in the earth 4 feet deep and 240 feet in diameter. The shock wave was felt at least 160 miles away. The heat of the blast (14,710 degrees Fahrenheit) vaporized the steel tower and melted the desert sand into a green glassy substance, kinda like the paint on my NSX!!!GOPR0125.jpgGOPR0161.jpgGOPR0180.jpgGOPR0194.jpgGOPR0221.jpgGOPR0184.jpg-DREW-

Attachments

• GOPR0161.jpg
    GOPR0161.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 135
  • GOPR0184.jpg
    GOPR0184.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
One of my sons son is working on a PhD in nuclear chemistry.
A few years ago he and I went to the Trinity site on the day in April it was open.
We also saw Alamogordo and Los Alamos.
We came away with enormous appreciation for what a dedicated group of the brightest minds in America can achieve in a remarkably short time.

Here are a few pictures that my son took during our little trip.
IMG_2672.jpgIMG_2576.jpgIMG_2638.jpgIMG_2649.jpgIMG_2652.jpg

Great time had by all despite mother nature trying her best to blow us off the road! Winds were quite high that day, but nothing that great company and great cars can't take care of!

P.S. Anyone know how to post larger pics?

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2672.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2640.jpg
    IMG_2640.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2576.jpg
    IMG_2576.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Op,you must be in marketing or the newspaper business to come up with a title like that. If it's that easy to convert my NSX into an NSX-R, maybe I should drive out there sometime. It's only a 9 hr drive away. Maybe less since a large part of the trip would be at the 80 mph speed limit (or a bit above).

Pbassjoe why Albuquerque NM? I would like to move somewhere warmer in the USA but being from Canada Albuquerque isn't usually a place people talk about. Snow birds tend to flock to Florida, California, Arizona and Nevada. Is it affordable or something? What's the attraction? No emissions testing LOL?

all that meth money has been used to invest into type R's :)

Pbassjoe why Albuquerque NM? I would like to move somewhere warmer in the USA but being from Canada Albuquerque isn't usually a place people talk about. Snow birds tend to flock to Florida, California, Arizona and Nevada. Is it affordable or something? What's the attraction? No emissions testing LOL?

Well...because unlike most of those places you mentioned there is very little humidity and it does not stay above 100 after midnight, there is little chance of natural disaster and you get a little bit of everything (season wise) and yes there are places in NM that have no emission testing. Albuquerque unfortunately is not one of them! You are 30-45 minutes from any type of scenery you want with the exception of beach. 350 days of driving weather! And Yes it is affordable.

Glad to see you guys are still having fun together! I miss being up there with all of you. There's nothing of the sort down here in Tucson. :frown:

I used to live there. It's a beautiful state. Unfortunately like most places of the planet that we have shit on environmentally, New Mexico is one of the bad ones. What's there is a low level of radioactivity that is a lot more than what is made public. There have been numerous mishaps there and it has been a bit of not just testing but dumping ground. I don't want to offend anyone that lives there. As I said, I did and it is beautiful. But I would not take up residence there knowing what I know.

Back