• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S'more BaschBoost Beta Info

Hey All, Since we have been throwing the words 'beta testing' around so much lately, I must say, especially as so many of you are in the computer biz- I have not tried to emulate any real beta testing program or guidelines. I use the term beta testing loosely to describe a testing program in process, using production prototypes on cars driven in daily, regular use. The other important point is that the beta program does not have room for any more cars. I have been getting 10 or 15 letters and phone calls a day asking to be included. I wish I had the time and money to do twenty more cars, but I don't. I also don't think I need to. The beta group covers the range of cars and years that there is. We have done three 3.0L cars, and two 3.2 L cars. Well, the second 3.2 is not done yet- we are supposed to install it tomorrow in Poway, but with the race next week, I will probably postpone that install till next weekend. The four beta cars that are done are ALL going racing next week, and I consider that the pinacle of the testing program. Not because I am building a pure race product, but because the kind of driving we will be doing will be very hard on any car and all its systems. We have rented the track for a private party and will be on the track ALL DAY. In particular, my car which already has almost 4k miles on it just in the last two weeks, will be driven in both run groups, by two different drivers, so it will be on the track for eight hours non stop. I suspect MJ will also run in both groups, we shall see.
Anybody who is interested is welcome to come. Test drives will be available to anybody who wants one, potential customer or not. Also, when we return we shall post any failures or probs that we encounter. Despite someone in this forum trying to imply otherwise, I have from the beginning held this testing out in the public eye on purpose. I have no secrets, and nothing to hide. Everything that happens is public info as far as I'm concerned, if I am to ask the public to have faith, and send me money, and trust me with their cars.

Also, I would like to apologize to anyody who is still waiting for a reply to an e-mail. My e-load has doubled, and my time at home is shrinking. I am working 14 to 16 hours a day, seven days a week. If you have been waiting for a reply for more than a week, you might want to resend your inquiry. You can also call the shop at any time, and talk to Jane, or maybe me if she will let you. <G> MJ and Chris Wilson also know almost as much as I do about what I am doing, and can answer most of your questions. Also, Nick Eustace, for those of you who know him, is involved pretty heavily in this project as well as being the last beta tester with his 99 T, so you should feel free to talk with him. Nick is a buissness partner and good friend to Jane and I, and works with me at Poway every weekend, all weekend. He's also real smart AND a cool dude.

And, I want to thank Lud for letting me make these posts here. I know they *smack* of commercial use- that was not my intention, however judging by the flamin' folder icons, this is a subject of interest to a great many readers here. Thanx Lud, I really apreciate this.

And lastly, to Cory- Would you please stop calling Paxton. My engineering partner there is getting real tired of telling you this but, they do not pass out proprietary info. They sell me parts, and help with engineering, and that's it. They will not share anything with anybody. If you still have questions about my fuel system, ask me.

Hope to see as many of you as possible next week at Pahrump, the Brothel capital of the U.S. and a really cool track.
Cheers,
Mark

Mark, as someone on your waiting list for the 3.2l version I want to thank you for all your effort. I for one am happy to wait for your testing to be complete for the sake of getting a great product. Look forward to meeting you in SD when the time is right.

Justin

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the update, and thanks for your private reply to my email re installation cost.

I would love to drive to the track to watch the testing, but the 15th is a weekday, and I can't get away from work then.

Is there any thought, plan, or capability of your video/audio recording portions of the testing for posting here on NSX Prime? It would be nice the see and hear the Basch Boost in action.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

For anyone coming back toward or through Los Angeles after the event on the 15th, you are welcome to join our monthly meeting in Calabasas.
Chris (SOS) and Andrie will be joining us on their way back into LA for the weekend.
The meet doesn't start until 7:30-8pm and lasts past 10pm.
If you are passing through and want to join us, send me an email and I'll give you details on location and directions. The single turbo will be there.

peace

The BaschBoost Supercharger as well as most of the ScienceofSpeed catalog will be at this meeting as well.

Cheers / Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

Originally posted by NSXY:
Hey Mark,
<snip>
Is there any thought, plan, or capability of your video/audio recording portions of the testing for posting here on NSX Prime? It would be nice the see and hear the Basch Boost in action.

Actually there is but MB does not know it yet.
smile.gif
Since there will be at least 5 different exhausts there I was planning on using some of the digital video to record the idle and under load sounds, the rest of the tapes will be taken in car, so you will be able to hear the buzzy-whine it makes. I'm sure some others will have tape as well.

If anyone wants to volunteer to rip the audio and/or compress the video for posting - please private me so I can send you a copy.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Mark, one question out of curiosity. For those of us interested in being as stealthy as possible is there an option to get the blower without the "Supercharged by Basch" along the top?

ALL,

Just wanted to say that WE (NSX Community) are fortunate to have MB expand the aftermarket world with another big mod for the NSX at a reasonable price.

Mark: Thanks for your hard work and love for the NSX!!! This BB system is an awesome idea that the NSX community will hold, embrace, cherish.... and benefit from.
biggrin.gif

Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

[This message has been edited by Attitude Adjuster (edited 10 November 2001).]

it maybe stealthy not to have bbsc on top, but when the car starts up and you hear that beautiful whistle sound anyone will know it supercharged :)

Not to mention if the cover is up(or off) you cant miss a huge supercharger in your face.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT BPU+

[This message has been edited by nsxbadboy (edited 10 November 2001).]

Originally posted by justin hall:
Mark, one question out of curiosity. For those of us interested in being as stealthy as possible is there an option to get the blower without the "Supercharged by Basch" along the top?
I too, would like the supercharger this way.
The Pres. of the CalCoastalNSX club is always the last to hear about guests!!
Chris(S.O.S.) is going to be there on Thursday the 15th.?
Quote from Chris [The BaschBoost Supercharger as well as most of the ScienceofSpeed catalog will be at this meeting as well.]
Damn good news to my ears!
If Larry with his Turbo, and Chris with the BaschBoost are BOTH coming, don't think that they are going to race. This is illegal and it is not the reason for the attendance, so no dares to either of the guests
chimp.gif
(maybe spin the bottle)

Originally posted by justin hall:

Sure, that model is $9800.00 plus install.
biggrin.gif

Make a note of what you want on your order form NOW and I will make sure that it happens (or more accurately, that the engraving does not happen) when the units are machined, we also will offer a fully polished version, and I will be making mine anodized red and black at some point.

Bottom line; just ask, special orders don't upset us - you want fries wi dat?

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

[This message has been edited by NSXGOD (edited 10 November 2001).]

hope your tests on the racetrack turn out as planned - and those flex couplers are staying in one piece! meanwhile, there's not much to do for me here in cold, cold switzerland other than waiting for your results and making sure that the guest room is ready!

------------------
roger of switzerland
only orange nsx here from
the geneva car show 1997
bone stock

Hello Roger,
I am from ZH and work in Wallisellen. Did you buy Mr.Sage's ex-Hond Switzerland company car in Lenzburg? I looked at it and it is soo nice!
smile.gif

Let me know, we are quite active here in ZH with the NSX! :)

Yeah, what is with all these Swiss guys anyway ? Shouldn't you be on "Volvo Prime" ?
Just kidding of course ! Welcome to all.

By the way, you guys make some really great watches. Love my Rolex/Breitling !

Originally posted by Larry:
Yeah, what is with all these Swiss guys anyway ? Shouldn't you be on "Volvo Prime" ?
Just kidding of course ! Welcome to all.

By the way, you guys make some really great watches. Love my Rolex/Breitling !

I am getting off topic here but did you see the NSXCA watch! I am sure you will fall in love with those too for 100-200 times lower prices!

Ehm... Larry... sorry that is Sweeden not Switzerland...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Only car ever produced here was the Monteverdi (http://www.monteverdi.net/cars/hai2/index.html).

Anyway Switzerland is quite a big NSX market, comparable with the Germany one, even with a population 15x smaller!
smile.gif

(and that applies to all exotics: italians, germans, ...)

You can get one from the NSX Club. I guess we need to update the website to show it.

They're $49 each plus $8 shipping and they come in either black or gold-tone.

I have an electronic photo - I'll e-mail it to you. If someone has a website where they can post it, LMK and I'll send it to you, then we can display the image here.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 15 November 2001).]

Hey ENZO, lucky you. three new NSX friends on one week!
Looks like I'm still the only Swedish NSX guy on the forum. Maybe i shall go over to "VOLVO PRIME" and see if there are hiding there
biggrin.gif

------------------
Enjoying life at 8.000 RPM

Back