• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So Ca. Body Shops for my crippled NSX

94 tan / green NSX with 63k miles.. I really take great care of this car. But alas.. it could not compete with a 24 year old girl in a pickup truck. My drivers side door was muched by her big black Chevy. She pulled into a parking space next to me as I was cracking my door open and the rest is history.

I would welcome any suggestions for southern california body shops that can restore it to excellent condition.

thanks
josef

There is Bravo Auto Collision in Torrance who is South Bay Acura's collision center. They also painted Jon Martin's NSX and I plan to do my car there also.

(310) 257-9488. Bravo Collision. 1860 Del Amo Blvd. Torrance, CA. 90501

ediddynsx said:
There is Bravo Auto Collision in Torrance who is South Bay Acura's collision center. They also painted Jon Martin's NSX and I plan to do my car there also.

(310) 257-9488. Bravo Collision. 1860 Del Amo Blvd. Torrance, CA. 90501

That is interesting. Jon recommended San Pedro when I needed body work done a few years ago. Josef, I guess you can't go wrong with either one, but San Pedro Autobody did do the body work on the Comptech Real Time Racing NSX.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/companydirectory.htm

RyRy210 said:
That is interesting. Jon recommended San Pedro when I needed body work done a few years ago. Josef, I guess you can't go wrong with either one, but San Pedro Autobody did do the body work on the Comptech Real Time Racing NSX.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/companydirectory.htm

I don't think you can go wrong with either one....there are so many good ones out there....just find the one you will feel comfortable with......there is another one that I have been to in Gardena called sixteen customs(310) 715-1810 123 E Gardena Blvd, Gardena, CA .....they also did a great on on my friends 04 mercedes amg car. So good luck on wherever you go I suggest you call all of them and compare. :smile:

Good info guys. I am closer to the San Fernando Valley. Keyes Acura has a collision center there also. I spoke with the Acura servie mgr at Keyes and he told me they also are well versed in aluminum body repair.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Man.. I just hope I dont have paint shade problem from this..

Ya know.. I was at a Mercedes dealership a while ago and I was looking at the orange peel on the new cars. I pointed it out to the salesman and he said.. they do it intentionally. I pointed to my NSX and said.. naw.. that's the way it ought to look.

Thanks guys. I will check out your references.

Good luck with everything....usually with the body panels its better just to replace them than to repair it. I am sure wherever you go that it will be fine. As far as SFV I don't know any shops out there but I did buy my TL at Keyes........typical dealership sell you a car and see you later but at least they had what I wanted.

Yosef... I own a body shop in L.A. Just in the past January, we've worked on a Porsche 997S, Bentley Continental GT, Maserati Quattoporte, S500, C6, IS350, and much more... we work on all types of cars, including a lot of high end cars, and have picture documentation of all our work for you to examine. I'm not sure what the rules are on Prime with regards to these type of things, so I'll refrain from listing my biz contact info. So, if you're interested, feel free to give me a buzz on my cell. Good Luck!

Stephen
cl: 323.445.2791

Last edited:
I am interested in seeing your work also. I will be looking to do some paint work to my car in the future.

stephenti said:
Yosef... I own a body shop in L.A. Just in the past January, we've worked on a Porsche 997S, Bentley Continental GT, Maserati Quattoporte, S500, C6, IS350, and much more... we work on all types of cars, including a lot of high end cars, and have picture documentation of all our work for you to examine. I'm not sure what the rules are on Prime with regards to these type of things, so I'll refrain from listing my biz contact info. So, if you're interested, feel free to give me a buzz on my cell. Good Luck!

Stephen
cl: 323.445.2791

Stephen, do you do rust restoration work? I have an old Mitsubishi that had quite a bit of under carriage rust, and its a project car that I've been working on. My goal is to restore it to show room new condition. PM me. Thanks!

ediddynsx said:
I am interested in seeing your work also. I will be looking to do some paint work to my car in the future.

No probs... drop me a line anytime. We're in the process of uploading our work online, so in a month or so, you'll be able to see everything from our website.

RyRy210 said:
Stephen, do you do rust restoration work? I have an old Mitsubishi that had quite a bit of under carriage rust, and its a project car that I've been working on. My goal is to restore it to show room new condition. PM me. Thanks!

Yes, we do a range of restoartion work, from simple to show-winning. Off the top of my head, we've done a '60 Jag 150 Coupe (show winner) and '70 Silver Spur. So, we can definitely take care of your needs.

Back