• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So What Are Your Local Police Driving

199X Ford Crown Victoria
2000+ Chevy Impala

check out Australian police. they got Imprezza WRX as highway interceptors

They got some new 'stealth' highway patrol cars here in NYC. They are still white, and you can see the blue side stripes in your rearview mirror, but no roof rack.

Virginia just bought a bunch of state police Camaros... Many localities already have them for running speed traps.
http://www.vsp.state.va.us/news2002-13.htm

camaro1.jpg

I just saw one of these camaros here in CA yesterday. Over here, the camaros are white with a very thin strip for the light.

The camaro in question, which is called a "ghost" here in these parts, was chasing down a speeding motorcycler who took the chase onto local streets off the highway.

It was pretty surreal as the motorcycler hopped the sidewalk (and the camaro followed!)

i saw my first "ghost" camaro today.

keep your eyes peeled guys because these are much harder to spot than your standard CHP even the "stealth" Mustang 5.0 cars that were in service in the early to mid 90's.

What puzzles me is where would they put the driver after they make an arrest in the C5 patrol cars... would they actually risk putting the suspect in the passenger's seat?

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:
What puzzles me is where would they put the driver after they make an arrest in the C5 patrol cars... would they actually risk putting the suspect in the passenger's seat?

Squeeze them in the trunk!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by JoeSchmoe:

I think they usually call for a backup patrol car that can accomodate the arrestee. It would definitely be too risky to put them in the passengers seat. Not positive, just a thought.

Originally posted by NyC NsX:
Check out what some of your local highway patrol are armed with to catch speeders

How would you like to see this in hot pursuit of you after your latest land speed record attempt?
eek.gif

esprit.jpg

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

In Honolulu, primarily, hi-performance Camaro's and Mustang's...unmarked. Some will have a blue light strapped to the roof. If I see anything out of the ordinary, I will post it.
cool.gif

------------------
"LIVE LIFE with a NSX"

How about this little number, capable of 120+ mph on wet British motorways?
eek.gif

Subaru.jpg

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Anyone want to be frisked by this "officer"?
eek.gif

C602.jpg

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

This one is my personal nightmare!
eek.gif

lotus7.jpg

Edit:this one is only a model, thank heavens!

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

[This message has been edited by lemansnsx (edited 11 August 2002).]

Originally posted by Lud:
Virginia just bought a bunch of state police Camaros... Many localities already have them for running speed traps.

Lud, when I lived in VA I got busted by one of the first detector-detectors. I called VA state police to inquire (since it was my tax $$ buying these things and employing these morons to use them against me) how many were in the state and where were they located. They would not reveal anything except telling me that they move from area to area.

Do you know where these seven cars are located? Have you ever seen one?

Back