• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

SoCal Events Calendar

With all of the car events, track events and stuff to do with our cars, it's too bad we can't get a SoCal calendar of events posted so that we can keep better track of all these great events. I know it's asking alot and there is a lot of area to cover but.....

I mean there are the always popular LMR drives. Then GoKrt comes up with a nice charity car event and show. Track events and Super Car Sunday and CalCoastal and the monthly meeting at South Coast Acura and....

It would be nice if we could add a calendar to the SoCal section and Primer's could post up events on the calendar with a link to provide further detailed info on that specific event. That way we could attend as many as possible and not double park events on the same day.

Am I off base here?

Last edited:
With all of the car events, track events and stuff to do with our cars, it's too bad we can't get a SoCal calendar of events posted so that we can keep better track of all these great events. I know it's asking alot and there is a lot of area to cover but.....

I mean there are the always popular LMR drives. Then GoKrt comes up with a nice charity car event and show. Track events and Super Car Sunday and CalCoastal and the monthly meeting at South Coast Acura and....

It would be nice if we could add a calendar to the SoCal section and Primer's could post up events on the calendar with a link to provide further detailed info on that specific event. That way we could attend as many as possible and not double park events on the same day.

Am I off base here?

Way off base, just kidding.:tongue:

This is a great idea, just need to figure the best way to do this. Maybe a thread with a sticky so it's up on top all the time? Any ideas out there. JC and I could use some help here.

BTW Facebook will not be an option as this needs to be on this forum.:wink:

what about Google calendar? viewable to all and would sync to your smart phones if you choose...

there could either be a group login and password so anyone could add / edit or there would be an admin that people would send event info to...

what about Google calendar? viewable to all and would sync to your smart phones if you choose...

there could either be a group login and password so anyone could add / edit or there would be an admin that people would send event info to...

I think Lud has us covered with having it on the SoCal section.

One for SoCal would be great. We'll decide soon who needs to be moderators.

Thanks Lud

Les

OK, I set up a SoCal NSX Events calendar: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/calendar.php?&c=3

I also put up an announcement with a link to it and a subforum shortcut at the top of the SoCal section.

Here are the basic options for configuring stuff behind the scenes:

Moderators who can edit/delete other people's events
Email notification to specific email addresses whenever someone creates a new event
Require events to be approved by a moderator before they show up
Only allow moderators to add events.

I'll set it up however you folks in the region want. My advice is to go with the least restrictive permissions possible, so I don't really recommend the last two things on the list above to start out with.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/calendar.php

I can also create a SoCal one if you want to completely separate it from the overall site calendar. I can even set some of you guys up as moderators for it.

I hate to add any more burden on you guys. We are pretty active down here and just can't keep up with all the activities. If you would like to set up a seperate calendar and place LMR and myself as mods, we can update as other Primers feed us news. Let us know how we can help.

Last edited:
Lud, thanks for doing this!

Les/JC, Regan, Adrian, Ryeen, Mitch, etc. and/or I should be moderators so we can add track events. Else we can just send stuff to you to add to the calendar. No worries either way!

Les/JC, Regan, Adrian, Ryeen, Mitch, etc. and/or I should be moderators so we can add track events. Else we can just send stuff to you to add to the calendar. No worries either way!

Sorry for any confusion on this...

As it stands now any registered user can add events, and I see LMR has already entered a couple.

The only function of moderators is to edit/delete things other people have added.

One cool feature of this sub-calendar is that the events from it "roll up" to be displayed in the "Upcoming Events List" the bottom of the main forum home page: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/index.php Given that, it may be worth prefacing your events with "SoCal:" or something so people looking at the home page will know where the events are being held.

Perhaps you can add the Extremespeed event this wknd and see how that goes?

This is a great idea. Le'ts just be diligent about keeping up with the updates.

Sorry for any confusion on this...

As it stands now any registered user can add events, and I see LMR has already entered a couple.

The only function of moderators is to edit/delete things other people have added.

One cool feature of this sub-calendar is that the events from it "roll up" to be displayed in the "Upcoming Events List" the bottom of the main forum home page: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/index.php Given that, it may be worth prefacing your events with "SoCal:" or something so people looking at the home page will know where the events are being held.

Sorry for MY confusion. :redface:

Thanks again for all you do!

Hey Lud,

After talking with some of the people here this is what we came up with. Please make LMR, Valhalla, RYU and 9doors as moderators that can edit and remove events and all registered users to be able to add events. Please send the four of us info on how to edit or delete events. If we find we need to makes changes later we'll let you know. I hope we have not made too much work for you.

Thanks from all of us.:smile:

Last edited:
Thanks Nick for posting all the track events for the rest of the year.:smile: It will help us to plan our future drives.

If anyone else knows of any future events please post them as soon as you know the dates as this is why we have this new event calendar. It will help all of us plan which events will work best with our busy schedules.

I want to shout out to Lud one more time. THANKS

This is why NSXPRIME is the best forum period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice. I think this will help us all in taking in as many of these fun events as we can with out getting double parked. This calendar is for you SoCal so please add everything you are aware of. Thanks Lud for helping put this together.

Les and JC....thumbs up to a great choice!!..I can't think of anyone better to moderate it.

Zaid

What an awesome calendar.

I added two events, the Nisei Showoff car show on August 11

And the Japanese Classic Car Show on Sept 15

Two of my favorite events of the year, especially JCCS! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year.

What an awesome calendar.

I added two events, the Nisei Showoff car show on August 11

And the Japanese Classic Car Show on Sept 15

Two of my favorite events of the year, especially JCCS! Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this year.

Thanks for contributing as we want everyone to post upcoming events.:smile:

Back