• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Soichiro Honda and the NSX

I've been reading a lot about Soichiro Honda, founder of honda after watching a documentary about honda. I know he was huge into R&D in the company's earlier years. I know he always loved racing and automobile racing. He died in August 1991, I was wondering if anyone knows if he ever got to see the final production version of the NSX or better yet ever got to ride in it? And if anyone had any pictures of him with the NSX, haven't been able to find any.

Awesome picture. That's to bad. And honestly really sad. I feel like the NSX was what he had always wanted to achieve. It's to bad he never got to know it's legacy and how they still use it to compare modern supercars today after 21+ years. It's kind of like Walt Disney and Disney world. He never got to see it completed before he died. That's why it's called Walt Disney world instead of just Disney like Disney land. Wants brother finished the park and changed the name to Walt Disney world "so everyone would know this was Walt's dream." I would of loved to of seen a video with Mr. Honda smile ear to eat after going for a ride in the NSX realizing how far he came and ultimately seeing his dreams of producing a world class sports car come to be. And if he could only know what that cars legacy would come to be.

I think he was quite satisfied with his formula 1 program....and how far he accelerated his countries fledgling auto industry compared to Europe and the US.

I think he was quite satisfied with his formula 1 program....and how far he accelerated his countries fledgling auto industry compared to Europe and the US.

I understood that not only did Mr. Honda see the NSX but it was he who noticed the flaw in the original, pre-production Acura caliper emblem.

Back